Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-19-2010, 07:22 PM   #141
Blake_GM

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS in IBM
I think this was a fairly good, concise and objective view of the three. Thanks for your time (even though I'm sure those guys had to just break your arm to drive the Mustang and the Camaro ) and words!

Well done again!
Blake_GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:24 PM   #142
Maurdib

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT/RS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post
Nice review. I think it is on point.

If I was reviewing the cars I would have included the outside appearance. Out of the three, I feel the Camaro has the best overall styling, and as you said the most unique interior.

Fast can be made up. A quick tune and I am at 12.9, and then maybe a few more tenths when I learn to race properly. The Camaro can be a lightning car as well, but the Mustang will never roll from the assembly line looking as good.

Great review once again!
Fact is you could be faster with a tune or CAI, but now matter what they do they will never be as pretty
Old 07-19-2010, 07:40 PM   #143
mjf6866

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T 6-speed 3.92 rear
Location: sitting on an angry chair with angry walls that steal the air
Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post
Nice review. I think it is on point.

If I was reviewing the cars I would have included the outside appearance. Out of the three, I feel the Camaro has the best overall styling, and as you said the most unique interior.

Fast can be made up. A quick tune and I am at 12.9, and then maybe a few more tenths when I learn to race properly. The Camaro can be a lightning car as well, but the Mustang will never roll from the assembly line looking as good.

Great review once again!
nicely said! thats one thing everyone seems to forget. power can always be added, but the looks are subjective.
-HopNot total package
-275/50-17 M&H drag radials on mustang cobra r's for track days
future mods:
-hurst shifter
-exhaust
-custom tune
-driver mod
mjf6866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:23 PM   #144
chopss

Drives: 04 sentra, 2ss
well i went and checkout the 5.0 and test drove one. Its a very nice car and seems well put together love the gearbox and clutch. mine seems very notchy compared.
well either way i walked out very glad and happy that i own a 2010 Camaro SS.
joey
chopss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:21 PM   #145
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
If the name-calling, nose-snubbing, etc continues -- this thread will be closed....
Old 07-20-2010, 03:00 AM   #146
CamaroBelarus

Drives: black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurdib View Post
Fact is you could be faster with a tune or CAI, but now matter what they do they will never be as pretty
Well, there is a one place in a mustang exterior (if its and exterior), which is better and prettier, then in camaro. Its under the hood This 5.0 looks just amazing.
CamaroBelarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:11 PM   #147
SummitWhiteLS

Drives: 2011 Mustang V6 Automatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBelarus View Post
Well, there is a one place in a mustang exterior ... which is better and prettier, then in camaro. Its under the hood This 5.0 looks just amazing.
What's TRULY amazing is how the Camaro looks on the OUTSIDE.

That's why I chose it over the rest of the competition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
Now..keep in mind I do love my challenger, but I wanted to give a fair comparison.

1: Mustang
2: Camaro
3: Challenger.
In my impromptu test of a fair "amazing head turn race", of 1,000 people:
  • the Camaro turned in 1,000 stares/thumbs up's
  • the Challenger, 461
  • the Mustang, 2
SummitWhiteLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:44 PM   #148
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
On Sunday my fiance Jania and I went for a drive out to Butler Ford in Ashland, Oregon. There she tested a 2011 GT/CS manual in Candy Red.

Her general impressions was that the engine pulled extremely hard above 1700 RPM and kept that power going past 6500 RPM. The shifter was responsive as was the clutch, far more than the Camaro (she drove a M6 SS about three weeks prior). She loved how light the Mustang felt and drove in comparison with the Camaro and my Challenger, and how nimble it was.

Overall she felt that it wasnt as stable as the Camaro/Challenger, but was the more well performing of the trio.

As a note she drives an 05 Saturn Ion with a manual 5 speed.

Last edited by ViperTomcat; 07-21-2010 at 11:44 AM.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:05 PM   #149
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBelarus View Post
Just read again, what ultrazls1 wrote for u. It might be a bit offensive, but at least its true. And all u are speaking is: "please someone, tell me im doing right thing buying stang!"

So, there are some new forums waiting for ur great opinion, where u will get support u need for sure. We have enough mustang trolls to read and argue with. Adding excamaro owners to them dont make us happy.

PS: I might use ur advice "If you don't like my posts, put me on ignore and they dissapear." I do not. Everyone understand u are not discussing stang vs challenger vs camaro, just trying to get support in a move, which is for the most of camaro owners on this site.
You sound like you'd definitely know a troll when you saw one. I don't understand why some people have to get so offended whenever the "M word" is mentioned. Who knows, he might be back on here to talk about how he wishes he'd kept the Camaro. It was a very good comparison between the 3 cars, unbiased and well articulated. Calm down man....
REEFBLUE93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:01 AM   #150
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
greeeaaattt i hope supermans didn't just leave because i am still waiting on pics of both his camaro and new stang
Old 07-22-2010, 09:29 PM   #151
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie View Post
greeeaaattt i hope supermans didn't just leave because i am still waiting on pics of both his camaro and new stang

Here is a teaser. I want to take my time and write up a good review comparing the two cars myself. Remember I've had a whole years worth of happily driving my Camaro all over the place. I will miss her for sure. I hope she falls in a good owners hands who takes care of her as well as I did. I gave her the royal car wash treatment and wax before taking her in for the appraisal.

Last edited by Supermans; 07-22-2010 at 11:40 PM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:30 PM   #152
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Here is a teaser. I want to take my time and write up a good review comparing the two cars myself. Remember I've had a whole years worth of happily driving my Camaro all over the place. I will miss her for sure. I hope she falls in a good owners hands who takes care of her as well as I did. I gave her the royal car wash treatment and wax before taking her in for the appraisal.

ah man, i love that iom... ah well, enjoy your new purchase! hope you took some last interior pics of the iom... enjoy the 5.0!!!
Old 07-23-2010, 07:43 AM   #153
Mdun6

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS
I test drove both the Camaro and the Mustang before I purchased. Why I do think the exterior appearance of the Camaro is more retro and I really do love the looks for me the Mustang is not that far off. I ended up purchasing the 2011 Mustang because I will be driving it as a DD and the small windows of the Camaro while driving and parking just didn't appeal to me (besides my wife trying to park it). If I was buying a car to be a garage queen and only drive on the weekends it would have been the Camaro hands down. I think power wise it’s really a tossup, both cars have plenty of power to get around town. While the Camaro has the exterior styling the Mustang interior wins for me. I really like the Sync feature and I feel the dash has a better lay out. I am really happy that Ford and GM are selling cars competitively and it's good for future jobs for our country. I was really amazed with the economy the way it is how busy both the Chevy and Ford dealers I visited.
Mdun6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:57 PM   #154
blubyu

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0
Mdun 1+

2011 Mustang GT Grabber Blue Premium - Stock 5.0

01 Mustang GT Steeda Sport Springs, Steeda X2 Ball Joints,Bassani Cat back, C&L Pleanum, MAC Cold Air intake,Bilstien Shocks and struts, Chrome Saleen Rims, Nitto 555 275/35/18
blubyu is offline   Reply With Quote