Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 06-05-2018, 11:30 AM   #141
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
I have a 15 1LE. My dad has a 15 Z/28. After test driving a 17 1LE, I decided to keep my 15, unless I found a Z/28 to buy.
Old 06-05-2018, 12:52 PM   #142
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuywithL86 View Post
Yeah but a cammed lt1 with some headwork would be just as good from a powerband and personality standpoint, and make way more power.

Lt1 is a pretty awesome motor, just needs to breathe better to make the top end more fun.

But yeah, stock for stock, ls7 no question
You may be right, would love to see some examples, and I should look in to this more. TBH, the LT1 in stock for is the only reason I have not looked seriously in to buying a 1LE. Minus my personal and probably ill informed opinion on the LT1, I think the 1LE is AMAZING. Nothing else missing in my view, not one thing.
Old 06-05-2018, 03:15 PM   #143
Laststandard

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
You may be right, would love to see some examples, and I should look in to this more. TBH, the LT1 in stock for is the only reason I have not looked seriously in to buying a 1LE. Minus my personal and probably ill informed opinion on the LT1, I think the 1LE is AMAZING. Nothing else missing in my view, not one thing.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530551

Granted, this is also on E85 but if you're doing heads / cam warranty doesn't matter anyways.

Warranty is the only thing keeping me from switching to E85 + tune. Seems to be an easy 30-40+ HP gain.
Laststandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 11:39 PM   #144
R.C. Collins

Drives: 2017 Camaro
If a Krypton Green 1LE didn't lure me in when it did i'd be the proud owner of a super low mileage 2015 AGM Z right now. Both cars are equally amazing in my book. Go with your gut.
R.C. Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 09:57 AM   #145
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laststandard View Post
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530551

Granted, this is also on E85 but if you're doing heads / cam warranty doesn't matter anyways.

Warranty is the only thing keeping me from switching to E85 + tune. Seems to be an easy 30-40+ HP gain.
So the main benefit to the ls7 is it’s ability to rev. It’s the same thing that’s lacking from a stock lt1, it just feels like it runs out of steam as you approach redline with the power peaking around 4k rpm. Many probably don’t notice, but go drive a more expensive dohc v8 and the lt1 will feel like a ***** cat up top.

I just compared the stock ls7 dyno to that heads/cam lt1. The heads cam lt1 absolutely crushes the ls7 on the top end. It’s not even close. Not talking about the actual numbers, just the curve.

Heads/cam lt1 revs out like a coyote, but without the complete lack of power at lower rpm. It can’t scream to 8k rpm like the coyote, but a high rpm engine isn’t really about the actual rpm figure, it’s because they are typically motors that make their power later in the rev range.

There are only two things I don’t like about the SS 1le and everything else is more than anyone could ask for.
-the handling and grip is so high that it feels like it needs 100-200 more hp
-the motor runs out of steam at rpm (which is more about driving experience than performance)

So basically Heads/cam SS 1le = the perfect car
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:09 PM   #146
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuywithL86 View Post

So basically Heads/cam SS 1le = the perfect car