Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 07-24-2017, 03:09 PM   #141
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
Curious to see the manual transmission 0-60.
4.4 seconds official from Ford. That's my bet on the manual. It should be a tick or two behind the Camaro due to a disadvantage in torque, unless they also have a drag strip mode on the manual which can help it hook up better. I think magazines will test better than that.
Old 07-24-2017, 03:19 PM   #142
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Meh View Post
Yep.. your 1st gear went short as crap, but you took off fast.. That highway mileage and engine noise though.. Ooof.. I'm sure it was better with 5 and 6 speed autos, but ughh.. riding around back in the day in an auto fox in the rear... deafening with the Mustang standard Flowmasters.
It actually wasn't to bad MPG wise. I think I could still muster around 21,22 MPG in my 04 with that had the 4R70W trans in it. The 07 I could still get 23-24 if I kept it below 70.

The noise though, when I had my flows it was deafening at 65MPH, right in the drone zone lol. Switched to Borla's and it wasn't to bad lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 07-24-2017, 03:22 PM   #143
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Official numbers are pretty close to those estimates. I personally don't like the idea of a 10 speed. But, I was impressed with the 10 speed ZL1 Nurburgring video, it seemed to get into the right gear on its own. For normal driving I wonder if 10 gears is necessary.

Anyway, do all GT's come with PSS4 tires or only the performance pack? I'm not buying 0-60 under 4 secs and don't care if it can either way. Let's see real world 1/4 mile times, and what is drag mode?

Did they improve the suspension? Still looks floaty in promo videos, probably gained a bit of weight and will be more expensive to get it optioned out with digital dash, PP, MRC, etc.... Probably won't meet value of the Camaro.

I like how the Camaro looks more, also prefer GM suspension tuning and the LT1. Anyway not sure why we are supposed to be impressed with a 0-60 time that can only be achieved with the auto, sticky tires, and tuned mode. It is not a world class sports car like the Camaro is. Doubt it will compete with the M4 or 911 Carrera in all performance metrics other than straight line speed.

Of course that doesn't matter to some customers, that is my personal opinion. I look at all performance metrics because I feel and see the difference it makes on the road. I like a drivers car as opposed to just straight line speed. I prefer a lighter weight car because I know what cons come with a heavier car(like my current 5th gen).
Old 07-24-2017, 03:26 PM   #144
Mr. Meh

Drives: Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
It actually wasn't to bad MPG wise. I think I could still muster around 21,22 MPG in my 04 with that had the 4R70W trans in it. The 07 I could still get 23-24 if I kept it below 70.

The noise though, when I had my flows it was deafening at 65MPH, right in the drone zone lol. Switched to Borla's and it wasn't to bad lol
I had a 1998 Steeda GT with everything except the S/C on it (clone, but, all parts were bought directly from them, so I did have everything except the serial plate).. Also had a 4R70W in that thing.. I think it needed a rebuild as that thing had the longest gear slides I've ever seen.. Though, with their G-Trac setup, Nitto 555 285/18 tires on Steeda's 18" wheels, that thing handled incredibly well... Slow as crap in a straight line though due to being pre-PI heads version 2v 281. Even with a 3.37 posi it only managed a 14.6 at like 96 or so.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:53 PM   #145
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I am sure my Mustang buddy will order a 2018 GT as soon as the ordering opens.

I am lucky my M6 will be able to keep up with that Mustang at least until he gets DRs.

Anybody want a silver 2017 S550 base GT Auto with 3K miles that can run low 10.4s in the 1/4 for mid $30sK?
Old 07-24-2017, 05:09 PM   #146
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
jesus christ people, Drag mode is just a setting you dial in to optimize the trans for drag racing its not anything extra you need to buy or install. complaining about drag mode is akin to whining that you have to put a performance car in track mode to run a certain time at the ring...stop already , its petty nonsense
Old 07-24-2017, 06:37 PM   #147
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
I'm betting the times are actually a GT PP Auto with MRC. Remember the GT350 has drag mode which uses MRC to help weight transfer. I bet drag mode has less to do with the trans than they are making it out to be. Otherwise what they are saying is the trans will not shift as fast or as firm on accel in sport and track modes which would make no sense (track mode especially). Also betting the price on the A10 is going to jump into the $2k range.

Off topic, Dodge is going to be in even worse shape now. Now the Mustang won't just have handling on them, it's likely going to have advantage over the 392s in the 1/4 while costing a tad more than a 5.7L. Doubtful they have any budget for power bumps with the 392s after all the money spent on PR/development of the Demon.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
Old 07-24-2017, 06:44 PM   #148
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
I'm betting the times are actually a GT PP Auto with MRC. Remember the GT350 has drag mode which uses MRC to help weight transfer. I bet drag mode has less to do with the trans than they are making it out to be. Otherwise what they are saying is the trans will not shift as fast or as firm on accel in sport and track modes which would make no sense (track mode especially). Also betting the price on the A10 is going to jump into the $2k range.

Off topic, Dodge is going to be in even worse shape now. Now the Mustang won't just have handling on them, it's likely going to have advantage over the 392s in the 1/4 while costing a tad more than a 5.7L. Doubtful they have any budget for power bumps with the 392s after all the money spent on PR/development of the Demon.
Consider the A10 will be the only auto option and is shared with the f150, I doubt the option will increase much at all in price.

Keep in mind, the A11 is going to allow the mustang to have an extremely short 1'st and 2nd gear which is likely where most of that 0-60 time is coming from.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:56 PM   #149
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
Consider the A10 will be the only auto option and is shared with the f150, I doubt the option will increase much at all in price.

Keep in mind, the A11 is going to allow the mustang to have an extremely short 1'st and 2nd gear which is likely where most of that 0-60 time is coming from.
Yea for some reason I thought the cost of the A10 in the ZL1 had broke $2K. So probably $200-$500 increase would be inline. Definitely agree on the gearing, would like to see an effective ratio chart compared to the previous 6 speed. This really is a massive jump in gearing alone, more so than the 6 to 8 speed for the 6th gen.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
Old 07-24-2017, 06:58 PM   #150
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
My bet the 10 speed will be a $1500+option.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:38 PM   #151
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
Yea for some reason I thought the cost of the A10 in the ZL1 had broke $2K. So probably $200-$500 increase would be inline. Definitely agree on the gearing, would like to see an effective ratio chart compared to the previous 6 speed. This really is a massive jump in gearing alone, more so than the 6 to 8 speed for the 6th gen.
For sure, that's why I've been saying how the new A10 alone is a game changer for the mustang. The Camaro is already able to take advantage of 2 extra gear ratios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
My bet the 10 speed will be a $1500+option.
$1500 would probably be close...although I wouldn't be surprised if it stays close to the current $1195 A6 option.

Regardless...it will be worth every penny.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:29 PM   #152
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I've owned many Mustangs and I gotta say, they never do as well as their number suggest for one reason or another. It is still down on TQ by quite a bit, it is still heavier, and I think it'll take more than a trans to give it a dramatic improvement. It will help close the gap, but it won't be enough to make it a driver's race.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:54 PM   #153
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Quote:

No way dude, will not beat 392 in 1/4 mile. They do low 12's.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:06 PM   #154
DiGiam

Drives: 2016 NFG SS A8
Color me impressed. Ford stepped up thier game. The thing most are missing is that it will now be on par or higher in price than the camaro. I'd love to see this 12.0:1 compression engine on E85. I'm betting it will hit 500 bhp easily

Closed Thread