Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-24-2023, 12:00 AM   #14155
NYTMARE23
NYTMARE23

Drives: Black 2023 Chevrolet ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shippingguy View Post
Did they remove your ZL1 emblems on the CF Hood Insert and install new ones or did their printer cut the film with the emblem cutout?
Not sure what dfwcowboy did with his, but when I originally had mine done they suggested I remove the emblems as the machine could not cut out the exact pattern of the emblems. So i removed mine, had them do Xpel, then I had a vinyl shop create custom ZL1 letters in matte black for the Z and the L and then Matte red for the 1 and installed those. I personally hate the "bubble" emblems since they are a pain in the A to clean around.
Old 10-24-2023, 12:05 AM   #14156
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Did they remove your ZL1 emblems on the CF Hood Insert and install new ones or did their printer cut the film with the emblem cutout?
If you are doing PPF and it has emblems in the way, for the cost of PPF I would simply have them remove the emblems and buy new ones...

I made the mistake when I ordered my 2020 2SS, I ordered the black "Camaro" fender emblems, when I went to get PPF, they offered to basically cut a rectangle around the emblems or pull them off and I could buy new (again), they said the rectangle around them would not be invisible so I elected to throw away my brand new black Camaro emblems and ordered another identical set and put them back on the car at 100 miles, on top of the newly installed PPF...

Like they say, "Education is not free" and I paid for that "Education" by having to buy the exact same emblems twice... $50k+ car, another $89 to make it like I want, while it sucks to waste money to get back to where you were, at the end of the day I wanted what I wanted and this was definitely a "luxury" purchase so it is what it is...
After delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph... BOTH are a lot of fun to operate...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 12:38 AM   #14157
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTMARE23 View Post
Ahh man...I see what you're saying. Sorry if you didn't like them. I thought they both(NOKYA 7440's and Diode Dynamics license plate bulbs)looked pretty good together on mine which is why I suggested them. . Since I wanted the "yellow" look gone I was happy with the two that I got. Sorry again friend!!!: For what it's worth, I think they look GOOD on your car!
All good, I'm most likely keeping the reverse lights though! The license plate lights I just wish weren't off to one side but that's no big issue!
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 12:48 AM   #14158
NYTMARE23
NYTMARE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 View Post
All good, I'm most likely keeping the reverse lights though! The license plate lights I just wish weren't off to one side but that's no big issue!
Fair enough!
Old 10-24-2023, 01:18 AM   #14159
shippingguy

Drives: 2024 Black ZL1, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
If you are doing PPF and it has emblems in the way, for the cost of PPF I would simply have them remove the emblems and buy new ones...

I made the mistake when I ordered my 2020 2SS, I ordered the black "Camaro" fender emblems, when I went to get PPF, they offered to basically cut a rectangle around the emblems or pull them off and I could buy new (again), they said the rectangle around them would not be invisible so I elected to throw away my brand new black Camaro emblems and ordered another identical set and put them back on the car at 100 miles, on top of the newly installed PPF...

Like they say, "Education is not free" and I paid for that "Education" by having to buy the exact same emblems twice... $50k+ car, another $89 to make it like I want, while it sucks to waste money to get back to where you were, at the end of the day I wanted what I wanted and this was definitely a "luxury" purchase so it is what it is...
Oh I know I have had PPF done on both my 1LE’s and my truck and Tahoe. I debadge all my cars, but on this one I want to keep the factory ZL1 emblems on the hood. I’ll just make sure they order new ones and make sure they put them back on in the exact location like factory.
Old 10-24-2023, 06:52 AM   #14160
dfwcowboy

Drives: 2024 ZL1 M6, 1969 Cessna Skylane
Quote:
I have no idea. If I were to guess they are probably going to cut around them during the install and I’m fine with that. On my 2018 I didn’t have the entire car done and the same shop did it. On the areas where the PPF ended you had to look very close to tell. I don’t really want to remove the emblems and install them on top of the PPF because I don’t think they will be bonded nearly as well that way and at some point the PPF will need to be replaced. When I pick up the car I’ll carefully inspect all the details, but I have a lot of confidence in this shop to do the job right. They aren’t the cheapest shop in town, but I think they do the best job. I see a lot of very high end cars going through there.
dfwcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 07:00 AM   #14161
SamSmoothCastel

Drives: 67 Orange Mustang Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post

What type of installer cuts around the emblems

if its done right the installer removes the badges for install. The good shops carefully remove the old then re-install on top of the PPF with new foam adhesive.
SamSmoothCastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 08:47 AM   #14162
dfwcowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSmoothCastel View Post

if its done right the installer removes the badges for install. The good shops carefully remove the old then re-install on top of the PPF with new foam adhesive.
My first concern is with the integrity of the bond between the emblem and the car. I don’t want it to fall off years down the road when I may not be able to get an OEM replacement. If the PPF goes underneath the emblem you are now no longer bonding directly with the car and I can’t imagine the bond being better as a result. This may not be an issue, so it may not matter. I’m pretty confident the shop I’m using is the best one in my area and I have a high degree of confidence they will do it the proper way, whatever that is. They have been in business pretty much since XPEL has been around and I’ve used them before. After 4 years my last install looked as good as the day they finished.
Old 10-24-2023, 10:37 AM   #14163
NYTMARE23
NYTMARE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwcowboy View Post
My first concern is with the integrity of the bond between the emblem and the car. I don’t want it to fall off years down the road when I may not be able to get an OEM replacement. If the PPF goes underneath the emblem you are now no longer bonding directly with the car and I can’t imagine the bond being better as a result. This may not be an issue, so it may not matter. I’m pretty confident the shop I’m using is the best one in my area and I have a high degree of confidence they will do it the proper way, whatever that is. They have been in business pretty much since XPEL has been around and I’ve used them before. After 4 years my last install looked as good as the day they finished.
FWIW dfwcowboy, I zoomed in on the pics you posted of your car getting Xpel done on the lift and do not see the ZL1 emblems on the Carbon Fiber hood insert. Assuming you didn't remove them yourself, it looks like the shop did. .
Old 10-24-2023, 11:15 AM   #14164
dfwcowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTMARE23 View Post
FWIW dfwcowboy, I zoomed in on the pics you posted of your car getting Xpel done on the lift and do not see the ZL1 emblems on the Carbon Fiber hood insert. Assuming you didn't remove them yourself, it looks like the shop did. .
I didn’t remove them, so they must have.
Old 10-24-2023, 12:21 PM   #14165
Mr.RHOSH

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2.0
Yesterday I upgraded my diverter valve from the GFB unit to a Turbosmart dual port blow off valve and I replaced a blown 15a fuse for "non walk o2"(engine compartment fuse block #63). All of this was due to tracking down the issues for a CEL and codes p0033,0034,0030,0031. BTW, I got the CEL and "reduced engine power" while on the home straight at Nashville SuperSpeedway. That was fun (not)!
Attached Images

Mr.RHOSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 01:00 PM   #14166
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSmoothCastel View Post

They offered that as well but sasid because each letter is individual and they didn't have the installation template it was better to order a new set.

They didn't want to do the cut around either, but offered it because I asked.
After delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph... BOTH are a lot of fun to operate...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 04:38 PM   #14167
IndyZrider

Drives: 21 SHOCK ZL1 M6
Added the DD fender lights....
Attached Images

IndyZrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 04:46 PM   #14168
NYTMARE23
NYTMARE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyZrider View Post
Added the DD fender lights....
Love it! Looks great with the shock yellow!! Have the same on my Black Z and those DD marker lights just look AWESOME on any color of 6th gens!!