Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 05-22-2015, 08:34 PM   #127
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Some people like a challenge. Climbing a mountain is more challenging than taking a helecopter tour. Making big power out of a 3.6L V6 with little aftermarket support is more challenging than walking into a dealership and buying a V8.
It can be fun to be the underdog. I get it.

I've never enjoyed it...

You plan on going nuts with a 6th gen v6 as well? Should be interesting!

Good luck
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:41 PM   #128
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Some people like a challenge. Climbing a mountain is more challenging than taking a helecopter tour. Making big power out of a 3.6L V6 with little aftermarket support is more challenging than walking into a dealership and buying a V8.
So why then, do we have pages of posts proclaiming the suspected superior stock performance of the Camaro over the Mustang as a reason for choosing one car over the other? Wouldn't it just be more of a challenge to buy a Mustang and mod it than to buy a Camaro off the showroom floor?
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:51 PM   #129
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post
So why then, do we have pages of posts proclaiming the suspected superior stock performance of the Camaro over the Mustang as a reason for choosing one car over the other? Wouldn't it just be more of a challenge to buy a Mustang and mod it than to buy a Camaro off the showroom floor?
Seriously ?

If you want a camaro and not a mustang why would anyone do that? I kind of get what your saying but bad analogy...

If he had no preference your argument has merit. Or if he said his only goal was to be the biggest underdog possible regardless of brand. I would agree. And he should just buy a civic or something to really have a struggle lol. But I wouldn't buy a mustang over a camaro no matter what my goal was...
Old 05-22-2015, 08:55 PM   #130
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Seriously ?

If you want a camaro and not a mustang why would anyone do that? I kind of get what your saying but bad analogy...

If he had no preference your argument has merit. And I would agree. But I wouldn't buy a mustang over a camaro no matter what my goal was...
Agreed. My point assumes no brand loyalty. I want people to feel good about the car they purchased, but I have a hard time truly believing that someone who was interested in performance and could afford any of the trims available would chose a V6 or a 4t over the V8 offering.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:59 PM   #131
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post
Agreed. My point assumes no brand loyalty. I want people to feel good about the car they purchased, but I have a hard time truly believing that someone who was interested in performance and could afford any of the trims available would chose a V6 or a 4t over the V8 offering.
Same here.
But that's what makes the world go round man. Everyone likes something different. His opinion or what car he wants doesn't bother/effect me. I see no need to dog him for it. It's his choice. It's his money.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:05 PM   #132
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
It can be fun to be the underdog. I get it.

I've never enjoyed it...

You plan on going nuts with a 6th gen v6 as well? Should be interesting!

Good luck
Not this time. I've got a Z06 on order. Guess I am taking the helocopter tour this time, lol.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:29 PM   #133
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
I drove a turbo 4 malibu not too long ago as a loaner WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP ENGINE THAT THING WAS who the hell would ever want to drive one?
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:41 PM   #134
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
I drove a turbo 4 malibu not too long ago as a loaner WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP ENGINE THAT THING WAS who the hell would ever want to drive one?
I've driven a CTS AWD with the 2.0 and it felt very strong.. That was in probably a 3900 pound car..
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:48 PM   #135
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Not this time. I've got a Z06 on order. Guess I am taking the helocopter tour this time, lol.
Your just flying right past it in a jet lol.
Old 05-22-2015, 10:34 PM   #136
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post

I drove 1 in an ATS. Ran like a MUCH bigger engine than it is and smooth delivery. I was impressed. Id rather had the 2T in my wifes ATS than the 3.6. But we got a good deal on a Premium, which had the 3.6.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 12:12 AM   #137
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
they should just do away with that crap 4 and go straight to electric
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 12:18 AM   #138
ULTRAZLS1

It's an entry level motor to make the car more accessible mass market. You know... For sales.

That said it shouldn't be too bad. Low 14s high 13s depending on weight. That's the original lt1 territory in the entry level car. Seems perfect to me. How would that 95 3400 v6 or any v6 in the 4th gen (3800 as well with 200 hp after 97 I believe) run against this t4... Lmao

The 6 is placed in line with the ecoboost so performing with that model in the t4 would just be a bonus for GM. It's not a requirement in my eyes.
Old 05-23-2015, 04:10 AM   #139
ardailsmith

Drives: 2012 2LT LFX A6 RS Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
Since when could you get a 5th gen v6 with those suspension packages????? Did u mean v8?
If you look in the Chevrolet Performance catalog under the Camaro parts you will see the ZL1, 1LE and Z/28 parts that they offer you to upgrade the V6. http://www.chevrolet.com/performance...s/1le-zl1.html http://www.chevrolet.com/performance...parts/z28.html But if you look at the motors that are in the catalog you wont find any support upgrades for the LLT, LFX or the LGX. You will find that the LTG is listed as a crate motor. If its a crate motor GM will produce upgrade parts for it because they see it as a motor with race potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Not sure at all what you mean by "it has been hobbled in other areas". ??? Please explain. The V6 in this gen is going to be more capable than it ever has been. Sure, it may not have ALL the performance features of the SS...but then again should it? I for one would love to see a performance package available for the V6 (and T4 for what its worth) consisting of brakes/suspension/gears....but then again the car will have available brembos, and if you read the review posted on the home page the driver compared the handling feel to that of his own 2014 SS 1LE. That's one heck of a compliment if you ask me.

335HP, in a 3,500-ish car, with an 8 speed is no where close to "all show and no go". I'm not saying you are implying that...I'm just stating it. Its not LT1 fast, but its quick. Mark my word....with a few good bolt ons, a tune, and maybe a little weight reduction, or tires, these new V6s will likely be giving stock L99s a hard time in the 1/4 mile.

As for the wheels, with the RS package it will have the same wheels as SS. Only difference might be that the SS may get a better performance tire, but that is not confirmed yet as far as I know.
Look I love the V6, I own the V6, but I have been watching this play out. I will explain, (keep in mind that this is pure speculation based on tea leafs and patterns found in the powdered sugar on a doughnuts.)

2010 - 2015 Chevrolet Camaro V8's ran these engines.
6.2 L LS3 V8 (Manual SS only)
6.2 L L99 V8 (Auto SS only)
6.2 L LSA V8 supercharged (ZL1)
7.0 L LS7 V8 (Z/28)

When you look at the V6 you will see
3.6 L LLT V6 (2010–11)
3.6 L LFX V6 (2012-15)

(The hobbling comment comes from the fact that GM wont support a V6 long enough for after market to grow for that power-plant)

And now the V6 has a new 3.6 L LGX. That is 3 engines in 7 years and non of those 6's was a turbo.

I know the LGX has a lot of HP for a V6, heck it has HP numbers that will put it equal to or better than most any Camaro V8 before 2010. How ever it has one small problem. Its that fuel saving ability that it has when sitting at a full stop. The engine shuts down and restarts when you hit the accelerator. I hope that can be turned off by the driver because I can see that start up affecting your 1/4 mile numbers.

As for the wheels on the 6th Gen V6 and T4, I was not referring to the diameter. You can get 20" rims with the RS package just like the ones on the SS, but unlike the SS all 4 of the V6 and T4 tires are the same width. I'm not sure how that may affect upgrades.

I do know that the 5th Gen stance is the same LS, LT and SS
Old 05-23-2015, 07:42 AM   #140
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
I drove 1 in an ATS. Ran like a MUCH bigger engine than it is and smooth delivery. I was impressed. Id rather had the 2T in my wifes ATS than the 3.6. But we got a good deal on a Premium, which had the 3.6.
How does that 3.6L do in the ATS? I drove the 2.0T but never got into a 3.6L.

I was really wanting an ATS for the wife but she talked me out of it and we got a smoking deal on a ridiculously low mileage G8 GT instead.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk