Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-07-2019, 10:05 AM   #113
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Drives: Camaro
I love mine. It's pretty heavily modded and is running at about 670RWHP (no idea what that is at the fly so I just say 700HP. Anyone know a more accurate #?) with some R888Rs, but even at stock I loved it.
Altered Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 10:11 AM   #114
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic Oxygen View Post
I love mine. It's pretty heavily modded and is running at about 670RWHP (no idea what that is at the fly so I just say 700HP) with some R888Rs, but even at stock I loved it.
I wouldn't shortchange yourself that hard, even if you had 20% driveline loss, you're still over 800
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 10:13 AM   #115
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosive View Post
I wouldn't shortchange yourself that hard, even if you had 20% driveline loss, you're still over 800
Oh wow. At 15% it says I'd have around 770. I might just put 750 since I don't know the actual DT loss
Old 11-07-2019, 10:21 AM   #116
crosive

Quote:
Oh wow. At 15% it says I'd have around 770. I might just put 750 since I don't know the actual DT loss
are you auto? you could be closer to 20% than you think.

I've seen a few zle manuals come in close to 18%

obviously it would vary
Old 11-07-2019, 11:00 AM   #117
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Quote:
are you auto? you could be closer to 20% than you think.

I've seen a few zle manuals come in close to 18%

obviously it would vary
Yeah, it's an auto. Drove a manual for 15 years, loved it, but a knee injury put me out of that game. So, as an auto what would you think? % wise
Old 11-07-2019, 11:04 AM   #118
crosive

Quote:
Yeah, it's an auto. Drove a manual for 15 years, loved it, but a knee injury put me out of that game. So, as an auto what would you think? % wise
I know the feeling, a torn meniscus and surgery pushed me to autos as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if the auto is around 18-20% loss.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:10 AM   #119
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Quote:
I know the feeling, a torn meniscus and surgery pushed me to autos as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if the auto is around 18-20% loss.
Same here, torn meniscus. Bad deal! 18-20% is pretty awesome though. Thank you!
Old 11-07-2019, 11:13 AM   #120
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
I get the slow car fast thing, i had a bmw 128i and i felt even it didn't have the space to stretch it legs in the day to day driving. I guess it's all about what street driving opportunities you have. And i've mostly given up on seeking that out on the street (of course the rare empty on/off ramp gets my attention!). but i live for the track days/nights. Already looking forward to the 2020 scca track night schedule!!!
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:25 PM   #121
funked1

Drives: '23 Hyundai Kona N, '24 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEDEDE View Post
Much respect for my 17 SS manual but I just came to a sad realization. This car is absolutely no fun to drive unless I'm on it. It comes alive when I'm driving aggressively but it goes to sleep when I'm not. It's just flat boring at the speed limit. Am I the only one that feels this way? Some cars are fun even if your just tooling around.
Get a BRZ or even better a Honda Fit. So much fun playing Urban Grand Prix with those!
funked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:25 PM   #122
internationlriders

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
to the Op: Sounds like the car for you my friend is a fox body Mustang with a blower and stiff suspension. You will always get that feeling of rawness and never have to worry about being even slightly relaxed by the bit of comfort and refinement engineers have built into the new Camaro. Even my MX5 would be too refined for your liking I think

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want."
internationlriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 04:37 PM   #123
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
I think Chevy may be giving the power for the LT4 w/o driving the SC, the SS is rated 455 and dynos just over 400 usually so that's 10%. It takes about 50 hp to run the LT4 supercharger and they are rated 650 and usually put down about 550. AFAIK, the 6 sp trans is similar and probably isn't eating up 50 hp more vs an SS and I bet the 10-sp auto isn't either.
Old 11-08-2019, 06:53 AM   #124
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
Just try keeping up with a race prepped Miata on a road course in your Camaro !!
Ah, but try driving a race prepped Miata to work everyday, no thanks.

While I'm yet to get to a road course. As daily drivers I've had a '95 MX6 V6, a 1998 Camaro Z28 (auto), a 1996 Corvette (manual, hotcammed), a 2011 Camaro SS (manual), 2017 Dodge Charger R/T (auto), and now 2018 Camaro SS (manual). The Gen 6 is by far, my favorite of all of these. It just seems to do everything well.

These are good times we're living in. Pick any of the "pony" cars. While some are better at corners than others, and others excel in the 1320, given what they are all capable of at the limit and to be able to turn around and be driven home, stopping for groceries on the way, completely drama free, is pretty amazing. The fact that cars with this much power can be boring in traffic is a major nod to great engineering.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 07:08 AM   #125
crosive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Ah, but try driving a race prepped Miata to work everyday, no thanks.

While I'm yet to get to a road course. As daily drivers I've had a '95 MX6 V6, a 1998 Camaro Z28 (auto), a 1996 Corvette (manual, hotcammed), a 2011 Camaro SS (manual), 2017 Dodge Charger R/T (auto), and now 2018 Camaro SS (manual). The Gen 6 is by far, my favorite of all of these. It just seems to do everything well.

These are good times we're living in. Pick any of the "pony" cars. While some are better at corners than others, and others excel in the 1320, given what they are all capable of at the limit and to be able to turn around and be driven home, stopping for groceries on the way, completely drama free, is pretty amazing. The fact that cars with this much power can be boring in traffic is a major nod to great engineering.
I agree with this. My last fast car was a 92 3000gt vr-4. It had 580 awhp when I got rid of it (on vp 118). Sure it was fun as all shit to drive, but if you ever get it in traffic, that 6 puck sprung clutch was everything but fun, and at the time, I could leg press 450. That car was violent, raw, unforgiving, and relentless. It was all about knock, jackstands, overboost, limp mode, and whop some asses.

I feel like my zl1 could best my vr-4 in almost every aspect on it's best day, then throw on a suit and tie and have crumpets with a guy wearing a monocle.

and that, is why I like it.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:24 AM   #126
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post

Totally agree with this, i do all the daily stuff with my camaro, and then i can take that same car to the track with only a brake fluid change and an alignment, and it feels like it's in its natural habitat... truly an amazing car.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote