Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-15-2016, 11:11 PM   #127
Evolvedx27

Drives: 2017 ZL1
just to clarify. if a dealership can build the car and submit an order that means they have an allocation correct? if it doesnt go through then obviously no allocation? they also can look in their workbench/global connect to see if they got an allocation before even going through the process of trying to build the car correct? thanks
Evolvedx27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 03:01 AM   #128
Lou A

Drives: 16' Audi S5 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusmetal777 View Post

Dude, we'll get you into a Phase 1 at MSRP yet. Not sure if I mentioned it already in this thread but Castle has a second Phase 1 build that went to TRE 3000 yesterday and my salesman will gladly sell it to you at MSRP. Color is Summit White. If that's not your color, PM me the list of dealers you've scratched off your list and I'd be happy to help you out.
Thanks, Im not getting upset about it because I have owned summer only cars, bikes and boats(largest waste of money out there) and the season does not start until march anyways, and that's if were lucky. I decided to just stick with the dealer close to my house and wait it out. I believe he did the best he could for me, if not he has the lying skills of an Illinois Politician. I went to Ziggler, Jennings, Piemonte, called McCue and my boss talked to his guy who sells him Cadillac's who first said he can get the car from there sister store but soon called back with the can't get the car until the spring story. Thanks for looking out but White is not for me but I'm sure there are plenty of people that would love to grab that.
Lou A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 10:58 AM   #129
jesusmetal777
noob

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolvedx27 View Post
just to clarify. if a dealership can build the car and submit an order that means they have an allocation correct?
My answer = incorrect. my understanding is that any dealer can submit an order (i.e. Order status 1100, 1101, 1102) regardless of whether they have an allocation.

Quote:
if it doesnt go through then obviously no allocation?
My answer = not necessarily. Order status = 2000 "Accepted by Chevrolet" would be equivalent to what you are describing as "going through." There are no status codes between 1102 and 2000. But there are other factors I'm sure that affect whether an order goes from "submitted" to "Accepted by Chevrolet," such as constraint items (e.g. exposed CF hood insert), or maybe a bottleneck at point of production?

Quote:
they also can look in their workbench/global connect to see if they got an allocation before even going through the process of trying to build the car correct? thanks
I believe you are correct, however keep in mind that allocations for the Gen6 ZL1 (so far) have been handled differently than any other car, as attested to by multiple forum members in other threads. Also, I have no prior experience with this process with any other vehicle so I am learning as I go. Becky has stated "the number of allocations a dealer has would only be known to that dealer," but I honestly don't know if a dealer can see his/her own allocations in Workbench/Global Connect (like they normally would on other vehicles) or if the ZL1 allocations are "word of mouth" only from their GM rep. I am curious if anyone can address this question.
jesusmetal777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 02:00 AM   #130
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusmetal777 View Post
My answer = incorrect. my understanding is that any dealer can submit an order (i.e. Order status 1100, 1101, 1102) regardless of whether they have an allocation.

My answer = not necessarily. Order status = 2000 "Accepted by Chevrolet" would be equivalent to what you are describing as "going through." There are no status codes between 1102 and 2000. But there are other factors I'm sure that affect whether an order goes from "submitted" to "Accepted by Chevrolet," such as constraint items (e.g. exposed CF hood insert), or maybe a bottleneck at point of production?

I believe you are correct, however keep in mind that allocations for the Gen6 ZL1 (so far) have been handled differently than any other car, as attested to by multiple forum members in other threads. Also, I have no prior experience with this process with any other vehicle so I am learning as I go. Becky has stated "the number of allocations a dealer has would only be known to that dealer," but I honestly don't know if a dealer can see his/her own allocations in Workbench/Global Connect (like they normally would on other vehicles) or if the ZL1 allocations are "word of mouth" only from their GM rep. I am curious if anyone can address this question.
I wonder the same thing. I hound my dealer 1x per week minimum to see if I bumped to 2000 and his answer is GM will let him know and he will in turn, let me know. The process is killing me.

Truth be told, I am kind of keen to let the excitement build.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:40 AM   #131
jesusmetal777
noob

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OminouSS View Post
I wonder the same thing. I hound my dealer 1x per week minimum to see if I bumped to 2000 and his answer is GM will let him know and he will in turn, let me know. The process is killing me.
Forgive me if you've already answered this in another thread, but I'm curious when did you submit your build for 1100?
jesusmetal777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 06:08 PM   #132
Naturday13

Does anyone know approximately how many 2017 ZL1's will be made?
Old 12-31-2016, 06:23 PM   #133
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturday13 View Post
Does anyone know approximately how many 2017 ZL1's will be made?
At this time, production is not limited....they will fill all orders.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 06:24 PM   #134
Naturday13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Thanks man.
Old 01-01-2017, 03:05 PM   #135
speedyman
Account Suspended

Drives: ATS4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Pretty true of any domestic. Who has ever really wanted any model of GM, Ford, or Mopar and been shut out because there were ultimately too few of them built.
speedyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 04:10 PM   #136
thompstl1

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OminouSS View Post
I honestly don't know if a dealer can see his/her own allocations in Workbench/Global Connect (like they normally would on other vehicles) or if the ZL1 allocations are "word of mouth" only from their GM rep. I am curious if anyone can address this question.
My dealer let me look at a piece of paper that was from GM. The piece of paper said they had 3 allocations. Two coupes with automatic transmissions, and 1 convertible and I THINK I remember it said the convertible could be either manual or automatic.

So it would appear the dealer's allocations are more formal than word of mouth.
Old 01-01-2017, 04:15 PM   #137
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thompstl1 View Post
My dealer let me look at a piece of paper that was from GM. The piece of paper said they had 3 allocations. Two coupes with automatic transmissions, and 1 convertible and I THINK I remember it said the convertible could be either manual or automatic.

So it would appear the dealer's allocations are more formal than word of mouth.
It's in the system (probably where they printed it from). Otherwise they wouldn't be able to place the order against it.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:18 AM   #138
speedyman
Account Suspended

Drives: ATS4
The "allocation" thing can be quite misleading as it is often a dynamic process and rarely ever etched in stone from the start of any sales run. Additional "allocations" are made available to dealers as an adjustment for sales volume. Classic example of this was the early days of the GT500s. 3,000 allocations to start, increased to 5,000, then 7,000. Ultimately nearly 11,000 units were allocated and sold with the help of some 0% financing July/August of 2007. Retailers love the "allocation" terminology as it creates an illusion of scarcity and false demand. Another term to be ignored by a potential buyer is "limited production". Pony Cars are mass produced, bang 'em out assembly line items. Ford, GM, and Mopar can build cars like these in any quantity that the public will consume. Our big three automakers are not and have never been on a mission to build fewer units of any vehicle they market with the intent of providing buyers with a rare collectable, instant classic. that is not how the auto industry works or survives.
speedyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:43 PM   #139
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyman View Post
The "allocation" thing can be quite misleading as it is often a dynamic process and rarely ever etched in stone from the start of any sales run. Additional "allocations" are made available to dealers as an adjustment for sales volume. Classic example of this was the early days of the GT500s. 3,000 allocations to start, increased to 5,000, then 7,000. Ultimately nearly 11,000 units were allocated and sold with the help of some 0% financing July/August of 2007. Retailers love the "allocation" terminology as it creates an illusion of scarcity and false demand. Another term to be ignored by a potential buyer is "limited production". Pony Cars are mass produced, bang 'em out assembly line items. Ford, GM, and Mopar can build cars like these in any quantity that the public will consume. Our big three automakers are not and have never been on a mission to build fewer units of any vehicle they market with the intent of providing buyers with a rare collectable, instant classic. that is not how the auto industry works or survives.

right, but every once in awhile....
Ford GT
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:07 PM   #140
Dwille

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
I'm hunting for an A10 allocation. Without much luck! I know things will free up at some point. I'm hoping for sooner rather than later.
Dwille is offline   Reply With Quote