Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-13-2018, 10:32 AM   #127
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
The question is are they making money from the Camaro? GM's leaders have proven their enthusiasm for performance cars, so unless the Camaro is losing them tons of cash, or there's a change in leadership, it will be around - IMO.
I don't think its losing cash or in danger of going away. I do however think it is not selling as well as they thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzz View Post
It's pretty obvious after cutting production and laying off workers after canceling a shift at the plant that sales are not where GM would like on this car. It looks as though GM is willing to live with these numbers rather than putting large incentives on the hoods to increase sales. I'm sure matching Gen5 sales year to year would be more in line with what GM had in mind in sales numbers. Gen6 from the start never took off as the end of year fire/Red Tag sale in 2016 and a price decrease for 2017 was needed. Not exactly what GM was hoping for im sure after the successful Gen5 run. The trend away from passenger cars in general doesn't help, nor does making a car that already wasn't a practical sports car in Gen5 even less practical. Let's see if the upcoming refresh can help boost these plunging sales figures.

It is good that they are not slapping incentives on them to move them, but I agree that it probably isn't selling as well as they had hoped but its in the good enough range right now.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:54 AM   #128
7speed

Drives: 21 SS
[QUOTE=IMadeYouReadThis;10105997]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuhThugga View Post
Okay? Because my concern is being able to run with the V6 Camaro?

I've noticed that the V6 guys always feel the need to try and justify their existence. The truth of the matter is that in this hypothetical scenario, I would give zero concern about how much gas I'm burning and even less concern about you and your V6.

Bro all that matters is 0 to 60 and the 5.7 Dodge and the V6 Camaro they're both 5.1 seconds.

Why does GM need the drop in the 5.3 when they've already matched the dodge 5.7 with a V6

Now if you need that V8 to feel like a man all the power to you.

I say again if you're going to get a Camaro and you want a V8 get an SS make it worth your time
I had a 2015 manual RT Challenger it is slightly faster. I've pulled 1 before up to about 60mph and that is when the v6 6th gen Camaro first came out so definitely surprised me how close it was.

But in 1/4 the RT is a faster car. The V6 camaro is very quick though nice that it can basically run with 5.7 Challenger and 370z etc.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:22 AM   #129
Navigator

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
About what percentage of total Camaro sales are comprised of SS or ZL1 models?

For Mustangs/Chargers/Camaros, I rarely see the V8 models on the road.
Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:25 AM   #130
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
About what percentage of total Camaro sales are comprised of SS or ZL1 models?

For Mustangs/Chargers/Camaros, I rarely see the V8 models on the road.
That would be awesome info to have, but I think all we can do is guess.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 03-13-2018, 11:36 AM   #131
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Our best guess can be based off the production totals....

1LS/1LT/2LT builds dwarf the SS's.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515520
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:51 AM   #132
Navigator

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
That's a lot higher than I thought for V8 + models, about 40% of 2017 production was either an SS or ZL1.

I would have guessed about 10-15% based on what I actually see on the road. Guess there are a lot of SS's just sitting in garages not getting much driving time.
Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 02:14 PM   #133
MuhThugga
Poppycock

Drives: Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMadeYouReadThis View Post

Bro all that matters is 0 to 60 and the 5.7 Dodge and the V6 Camaro they're both 5.1 seconds.

Why does GM need the drop in the 5.3 when they've already matched the dodge 5.7 with a V6

Now if you need that V8 to feel like a man all the power to you.

I say again if you're going to get a Camaro and you want a V8 get an SS make it worth your time
Some people just like hearing the rumble of 8 cylinders when they hit the gas. Some people prefer the low-end torque. Some people like an engine that is hardly tapped from the factory.

So, why should GM install the 5.3? Because hardly anyone is settling for the V6 when they came in looking for a V8.
MuhThugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:56 PM   #134
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Some people just like hearing the rumble of 8 cylinders when they hit the gas. Some people prefer the low-end torque. Some people like an engine that is hardly tapped from the factory.

So, why should GM install the 5.3? Because hardly anyone is settling for the V6 when they came in looking for a V8.
I don't understand man what's your problem with the 6.2 L it's not like GM's on offering a V8. You really think they're going to be able to drop the 5.3 in for the same price as the V6?

I get it you're too big of a man for the V6 but it's not like you can't get a V8 you just have to pay for it
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:31 PM   #135
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:

The thing was redesigned in 2015.
It was a styling refresh, not a redesign.

Challenger is still riding on the LX/LC chassis that debuted in 2005, which in itself was taken from old Mercedes E-Series. This thing is ancient, but Fiat has decided to pour their money into redesigns for Jeep and Ram which have fat profit margin and higher sales.
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:52 PM   #136
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Yeah, and the last time I checked, the 5.3 is a V8.

The question was "How can the Camaro's price be effectively lowered?" My answer is "Offer the 5.3."

Overall, I think offering the 5.3 would help with sales. However, there are still other inherent issues that can only be fixed with a redesign.

Yes, I have and no, they don't. Are they nimble? No. Do they drive like a truck? No.

So, when they're toddlers?
I imagine EPA certification for adding a 5.3 manual/automatic would be costly and maybe they can't justify it by needing to sell x number of units to break even. I don't think 5.3 is the answer, I think just taking some content out of the 1SS to lower the price would be more effective.

The ZL1 isn't a daily for me, So for a weekend cruiser it will last for quite a while. For adults the rear seats are worthless, but it's just fine for kids. It may be a different story if I had to deal with it on a daily basis.
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 06:31 AM   #137
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzz View Post
It's pretty obvious after cutting production and laying off workers after canceling a shift at the plant that sales are not where GM would like on this car. It looks as though GM is willing to live with these numbers rather than putting large incentives on the hoods to increase sales. I'm sure matching Gen5 sales year to year would be more in line with what GM had in mind in sales numbers. Gen6 from the start never took off as the end of year fire/Red Tag sale in 2016 and a price decrease for 2017 was needed. Not exactly what GM was hoping for im sure after the successful Gen5 run. The trend away from passenger cars in general doesn't help, nor does making a car that already wasn't a practical sports car in Gen5 even less practical. Let's see if the upcoming refresh can help boost these plunging sales figures.
This! While the performance is excellent in the 6th Gen, everything else about the car isn't, and its everything else that attracts the majority of buyers.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:38 AM   #138
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
I imagine EPA certification for adding a 5.3 manual/automatic would be costly and maybe they can't justify it by needing to sell x number of units to break even. I don't think 5.3 is the answer, I think just taking some content out of the 1SS to lower the price would be more effective.

The ZL1 isn't a daily for me, So for a weekend cruiser it will last for quite a while. For adults the rear seats are worthless, but it's just fine for kids. It may be a different story if I had to deal with it on a daily basis.
That would probably be more effective. Take the RS content that became standard out and give the option of a cheaper entry to SS
Old 03-14-2018, 08:46 AM   #139
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
This! While the performance is excellent in the 6th Gen, everything else about the car isn't, and its everything else that attracts the majority of buyers.
That's subjective.

I personally liked everything about the Camaro over the Mustang and Challenger( besides the obvious better visibility in the Mustang and Challenger).
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:56 AM   #140
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
The Challenger attracts even fewer buyer (by a wide margin). So, obviously it doesn’t have the right mix either.?.? Big trunk, big back seat, cheap V8 model and 29% volume going to fleet.

To take the sales lead from Mustang, Camaro needs a good rental car configuration

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote