Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-31-2017, 12:46 PM   #29
Kingpin2k7

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6 with NPP
OP and anyone else who DIY, did you have a lift or did you use a jack and Jack-stands? I have The Rear Cradle Bushing kit, Front of rear Cradle brace, Trailing and Control arms, Toe Rods and the non adjustable front and rear sway bar kit. I am thinking about tackling it myself with one of my Buddies.

Also any tips on What not to do, and what type of Lubrication to use I have single adjustable arms and double adjustable Toe rods.

Last edited by Kingpin2k7; 08-31-2017 at 01:18 PM.
Kingpin2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:52 PM   #30
BMR Suspension

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin2k7 View Post
OP and anyone else who DIY, did you have a lift or did you use a jack and Jack-stands? I have The Rear Cradle Bushing kit, Front of rear Cradle brace, Trailing and Control arms, Toe Rods and the non adjustable front and rear sway bar kit. I am thinking about tackling it myself with one of my Buddies.

Also any tips on What not to do, and what type of Lubrication to use I have single adjustable arms and double adjustable Toe rods.
Everything you're talking about can be done on the ground. The only parts on the list that are going to be difficult are the sway bars. The belly pan needs to come off and the car needs to be jacked up pretty high for them. Also, you may need to disconnect the exhaust and let it hang to route the rear bar out and in. It can be done on the ground and we have a lot of customers that have done, but those are the tricky parts.

As far as grease, you are going to want to use a full synthetic grease. Petroleum-based grease will eventually break down the polyurethane.

If you have rod end parts, set the length to stock then have the alignment checked after the installation. If everything is set to factory length you should be very very close. Once its verified, go bat it up and enjoy!

Thanks,

Pete
BMR Suspension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:10 PM   #31
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_ETCS_ret View Post
How long did it take you? Trying to plan my day around this if I do it.
Took me about 6 hrs by myself and it was my first time I ever did any suspension work. Spent most of the time trying to loosen a few bolts, and then a lot of time trying to torque to the right spec with the small amount of space I was with under back stands
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:12 PM   #32
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by bybcous View Post
Took me about 6 hrs by myself and it was my first time I ever did any suspension work.
Thanks for the reply. Probably not going to be doing much else with the car. I'll be picking up a Hellcat in the spring.

Sent from my VS500 using Tapatalk
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 04:23 PM   #33
Kingpin2k7

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6 with NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Suspension View Post
Everything you're talking about can be done on the ground. The only parts on the list that are going to be difficult are the sway bars. The belly pan needs to come off and the car needs to be jacked up pretty high for them. Also, you may need to disconnect the exhaust and let it hang to route the rear bar out and in. It can be done on the ground and we have a lot of customers that have done, but those are the tricky parts.

As far as grease, you are going to want to use a full synthetic grease. Petroleum-based grease will eventually break down the polyurethane.

If you have rod end parts, set the length to stock then have the alignment checked after the installation. If everything is set to factory length you should be very very close. Once its verified, go bat it up and enjoy!

Thanks,

Pete
Thanks, Looks like I am going to have to do my install in stages. I'll do the Diff Bushings, cradle Brace, rear sway bar first. Then the rest for stage 2.
Kingpin2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:37 AM   #34
BMR Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin2k7 View Post
Thanks, Looks like I am going to have to do my install in stages. I'll do the Diff Bushings, cradle Brace, rear sway bar first. Then the rest for stage 2.
Keep in mind the diff and cradle bushings are going to increase NVH more than the other parts...
Old 09-01-2017, 10:30 AM   #35
TheRedhead

Drives: 2018 Red Hot ZL1 1LE
Quote:

Thanks,

Pete

Pete, please punch Parker in the arm.

Thanks.

Built!
TheRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:38 AM   #36
BMR Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedhead View Post
Pete, please punch Parker in the arm.

Thanks.
No Problem!
Old 01-12-2021, 05:02 PM   #37
Clearly_Canadian

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
Quote:

Thanks,

Pete
Can I use Lucas Red & Tacky for control arms and trailing arms?
Old 01-13-2021, 04:45 PM   #38
BMR Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearly_Canadian View Post
Can I use Lucas Red & Tacky for control arms and trailing arms?
I would not use that grease. Use super lube or Green Grease.
BMR Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 05:50 PM   #39
Stealth001

Drives: 2018 hyper blue SS 1LE
This might be a silly questions but for the 6th Gen it looks like only the upper control arms are available on BMRs website. Is that correct or am I missing something? Planning on ordering them soon 🤟🏽
Stealth001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 06:30 PM   #40
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth001 View Post
This might be a silly questions but for the 6th Gen it looks like only the upper control arms are available on BMRs website. Is that correct or am I missing something? Planning on ordering them soon 🤟🏽

spl parts > bmr if your tracking your 1le
Old 01-05-2022, 07:18 PM   #41
Baddawg53

Drives: 17 hyper blue 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth001 View Post
I see the trailing arms on phasteks site, says in stock. Weird that BMRs site wouldn't list them. Maybe give them a call, their customer service has been really good every time I've called them.
Baddawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 07:39 PM   #42
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Just ordered the lower trailing arms off BMR's website. With a small discount coupon readily available, they were $111 shipped. I'm sure I'll follow up with the uppers in due time. Sway bars and rear cradle lock out already done without adverse effect to ride quality/NVH IMHO. I've left the diff bushing alone.
Looking forward to the benefits!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote