Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - California

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-22-2017, 12:32 AM   #29
CaspianXPD8

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
Simpson Chevrolet in Irvine. Deal went through smoothly and was out in 2 hours. I went in with the "TrueCar" price in-hand, and they not only honored that but found an extra $1000 incentive. Gave me a pretty fair trade-in value as well. Haven't had any service done yet, but I plan on giving them a shot as long as they don't mess up.
CaspianXPD8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:45 AM   #30
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaspianXPD8 View Post
Simpson Chevrolet in Irvine. Deal went through smoothly and was out in 2 hours. I went in with the "TrueCar" price in-hand, and they not only honored that but found an extra $1000 incentive. Gave me a pretty fair trade-in value as well. Haven't had any service done yet, but I plan on giving them a shot as long as they don't mess up.
Please post about your experience when you do use them for service. I for one would be very interested as they are the closest dealer to me as well.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:26 PM   #31
ABM1SSSG3

Drives: 2017 Arctic Blue Metallic A8 SS
Quote:
I, too, purchased at Simpson, Irvine. I special ordered and took delivery 49 days later. I recommend Randy Pittner as a "go to" guy. He gave me updates every time there was a status change. On delivery day he went over everything with me before I drove off, and introduced me to the service mgr., and parts mgr., too. Very happy with the deal, also. Haven't needed service yet, but plan to use them, as this is the closest dealer to my home in MV.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:35 PM   #32
CaspianXPD8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 1LE View Post
Please post about your experience when you do use them for service. I for one would be very interested as they are the closest dealer to me as well.
Possibly will be in this Saturday as I'm at 1400 miles and want to see if they'll do an oil change under the "two free visits". I'll let you know for sure.

Also, I see you're still driving a 350Z? I just traded in my 08 HR for the 1SS. Although part of me misses the Z, I just knew that I wouldn't be driving it and it would just be sitting outdoors going to waste. Rather someone else pick it up used and take good care of it. Happy motoring!
Old 05-22-2017, 05:59 PM   #33
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Quote:
Possibly will be in this Saturday as I'm at 1400 miles and want to see if they'll do an oil change under the "two free visits". I'll let you know for sure.

Also, I see you're still driving a 350Z? I just traded in my 08 HR for the 1SS. Although part of me misses the Z, I just knew that I wouldn't be driving it and it would just be sitting outdoors going to waste. Rather someone else pick it up used and take good care of it. Happy motoring!
I am. It's been really good to me with over 240,000 miles. Were you a Corner 3 Garage customer as well?
Old 05-22-2017, 06:08 PM   #34
CaspianXPD8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 1LE View Post
I am. It's been really good to me with over 240,000 miles. Were you a Corner 3 Garage customer as well?
Indeed I was! John and Nima were always good to me over the years. The 08 HR was actually my second 350Z. Had an 04 DE prior to that.

Last work they did for me was install an Akebono BBK. Very fond memories of my years with the 350Z. And I *may* not be completely done with them...it's just limited parking at my place and would hate to see a car I love be "hard parked"...
Old 05-22-2017, 06:35 PM   #35
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Quote:
Indeed I was! John and Nima were always good to me over the years. The 08 HR was actually my second 350Z. Had an 04 DE prior to that.

Last work they did for me was install an Akebono BBK. Very fond memories of my years with the 350Z. And I *may* not be completely done with them...it's just limited parking at my place and would hate to see a car I love be "hard parked"...
They are indeed great. I'll still interface with them as my wife's / family car is a 2010 G37S Sedan. This is my 2nd 350Z as well. I had a 2005 Anniversary Edition for about 9 months before trading it in on this one.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:51 PM   #36
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Can't really say much about Simpson Chevrolet in Irvine since I got my 2016 before they were purchased by Simpson (same location though). My only dealer service visit was to get Android Auto flashed, which occurred during the ownership change-over period. Of course it took hours to do what should have been a 30 minute procedure.

Hopefully I'll never need to take the car into a dealer since i do my own maintenance but if I do it is unlikely I'll pick them even though they are the closest. Seems they like to overbook and that just means waiting longer on top of having less attention paid when you do have a tech actually working on your car.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:33 PM   #37
CaspianXPD8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
Can't really say much about Simpson Chevrolet in Irvine since I got my 2016 before they were purchased by Simpson (same location though). My only dealer service visit was to get Android Auto flashed, which occurred during the ownership change-over period. Of course it took hours to do what should have been a 30 minute procedure.
I'm going to shelve my recommendation on this dealer...for now. After reading another thread about mileage on a new car I was reminded that I was told at purchase that my car had 8 miles on it. Sales contract even says the same, but in reality the car had 147 miles on it when I drove off the lot. Not a huge deal, and it truly could have been salesman's mistake. He was brand new in his first week. But still somewhat concerning. I plan to ask them if they can get any kind of data on those initial 147 miles to soothe my mind, because my assumption is that they were WOT, bumping against the rev limiter, standing on the brake pedal kind of miles...
Old 06-18-2017, 05:05 PM   #38
Gen-X45

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
Montebello Chevy, don't go there...

I'm going through the same mileage thing with Montebello Chevrolet right now... I bought my 2SS Camaro from them in February, the car was a model at the LA Auto Show. When I bought the car, I didn't think much about the mileage (34 miles) at the time. Then as I was washing the car a few days ago, I noticed the car was built in August of 2016. The LA Auto show is in November, 4 months from the build date. After the show, the cars go to a closed auction, from there dealerships pick them up. February 2017 is 7 months out from the build date. It's hard for me to imagine a 7 month old car only having 34 miles on it. I couldn't have been the only person to test drive it, so I'm asking the dealership for help in tracking the actual miles. I'm not holding my breath, I've taken the car in for things as simple as updating the Mylink software because it doesn't understand voice commands. They had the car for 8 hours, said it was fixed, but they did nothing except to test it with a services writers phone. Which would have been fine, except they didn't test the voice commands for a specific person "call Paul at home" they just tested it for call, select a number from the contact list by touch. In a nut shell don't go there... just don't, I've tried to work with them, they smile say how sorry they are and continue to screw everything up.
Gen-X45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 06:25 PM   #39
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Any experiences with George in Bellflower?
Old 06-18-2017, 09:32 PM   #40
Gen-X45

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
When I was shopping my car I went to George, Penske and Montebello. I ended up buying at Montebello, however Penske would have been the better route if they didn't start jacking with the numbers at the very end. George Chevrolet didn't have the car I wanted so they kept trying to sell me a 50th. Anniversary V6 which I wasn't in the market for so I just left. I would have bought from Penske had they not jacked with the numbers, not because they were playing games per-si, but because they had to many people in the mix. Instead of me dealing with one salesman and his manager like they normally try to do, they had three level's of managers trying to get the deal done because my FICO score is 891 and they didn't want to lose the sale on a high dollar car at the end of the month. So, I'd get a number sent from the sales guy, then his manage would jump in, I liked the managers numbers, then his manager jumped in and changed it to look like I was getting even a better deal, but added more time to the loan. So I bailed. At the end of the day, I wouldn't go back to Montebello, however I got a Garnet Red 2SS for 39,000 with the options I wanted, did the deal and walked. Montebello also gives you two extra oil changes so you get 4 for free. Hope this helps...
Gen-X45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 08:04 PM   #41
CaspianXPD8

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just finally took my car into Simpson Irvine for its first service at 3800 miles. They did a great job. Actually filled the full 10 quarts on an oil change (lol) and even when I requested the differential flush made sure to ask if there was a reason I wanted it done so early. When I let them know it was mostly for peace of mind they said it wasn't the first time they'd heard of it, and would be glad to do it if I still wanted to. Appreciated them asking the question! I will be back.
Old 07-30-2017, 10:18 PM   #42
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Quote:
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just finally took my car into Simpson Irvine for its first service at 3800 miles. They did a great job. Actually filled the full 10 quarts on an oil change (lol) and even when I requested the differential flush made sure to ask if there was a reason I wanted it done so early. When I let them know it was mostly for peace of mind they said it wasn't the first time they'd heard of it, and would be glad to do it if I still wanted to. Appreciated them asking the question! I will be back.
Appreciate the revival.