Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-14-2017, 03:38 PM   #1
bhavyas

Drives: 2016 1SS Yellow
Partial Clear-Bra pictures?

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to see if anyone here has done a partial hood clear bra install on their camaro?

If yes, how visible is it? Will it start showing the line if the car is not washed in, say about, 2 weeks?

Also, wanted to find out how much people are paying on an average for the installation.

I am planning to get it for my car, but I cant afford to get a full hood done. I just want to ensure that my fenders and bumpers are protected.

If possible, can you guys please post pictures of your car with partial installation?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:26 PM   #2
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: '23 CT5-V BW, '21 Corvette HTC
Sorry, can't speak on the partial hood. I just had the full hood done. I did the full hood because I show my car and did not want any seams readily visible. I also was concerned with rock chips on the exposed carbon fiber insert.

I got estimates from three different installers and all three were right around a grand for a partial hood install.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:28 PM   #3
TonyStark6

Drives: 2017 GMC Sierra
Don't have one on my car atm as I just bought it but scheduled for Thursday. I have had it in 5 of my cars in the past. You can see it if you know what you are looking at. Otherwise you cannot tell. I have been on the lot and I didn't see it until I read the window sticker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
TonyStark6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:56 PM   #4
8675309’SS

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 Silver Ice Metallic
I recommend going to look at a car that has had a partial hood done. Especially one that might be the same color. I had my front clip, splitter, headlights, and partial fenders done. I will do full hood in spring and a few other locations. It's personal preference. A partial hood is not necessarily obvious. But by virtue of being an enthusiast of Camaros (or cars in general,) you may find that you see it right away, and dislike the partial hood. If you see one done, I'm confident you will know the answer that is right for you.

My First Camaro! 2017 2SS 6M, Silver Ice Metallic, 20" Low Gloss Black Wheels, Red Fender Hashes, Ground FX, NPP, MRC, Sunroof, Black Bowties. Ordered 4-22-16, Picked up 7-16-16.
8675309’SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:47 AM   #5
CyberGuyPR

Drives: '16 vert 2LT RS NPP
The "I know the line is there and it bugs the crap out of me" issue is real. I personally can't live with it so I go full hood. Also, if you go half hood and detail the car a lot, as times go by you run the risk of introducing contaminant under the film edge. Finally, last year I had a big ass stone hit the upper part of my daily driver's hood and since I went full hood the damage was ZERO.
CyberGuyPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:35 AM   #6
2016SS

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS
With summit white and suntek no one has ever noticed it on my car... lighter colours hide it better! I know it's there but I'm done with it it's not bad at all.
2016 Camaro 2SS Summit built 3/28/16 delivered
2018 Camaro ZL1 cancelled by GM 😡
2019 Corvette 2lt Z51
2016SS is offline   Reply With Quote