Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

View Poll Results: Do you drive your Camaro in the rain?
No; and I have another car 53 34.87%
No; and its my only car! 3 1.97%
Yes; and I have another car 66 43.42%
Yes; and it's my only car 30 19.74%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2016, 08:09 PM   #15
Johnwon

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS, NPP, A8.
It is not my DD - I live in FL, so no snow here, but it rains many afternoons, so yes I will drive it when it rains. If its raining when I leave the house, I don't take it because I don't want to track the mud into the car and get it down into my floor mats, but I don't care if the car gets a little dirty... it's a modern day car and washing the dirt off isn't going to cause it to become a rust bucket. I never take it to the beach though - that salt air will get into areas that I can't wash it out of.
Johnwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 08:15 PM   #16
AirplanesRLife

Drives: '16 Camaro, Pontiac Grand Prix (x2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnwon View Post
It is not my DD - I live in FL, so no snow here, but it rains many afternoons, so yes I will drive it when it rains. If its raining when I leave the house, I don't take it because I don't want to track the mud into the car and get it down into my floor mats, but I don't care if the car gets a little dirty... it's a modern day car and washing the dirt off isn't going to cause it to become a rust bucket. I never take it to the beach though - that salt air will get into areas that I can't wash it out of.
^Same, basically. I don't take mine to the beach but I do cruise A1A occasionally (the salt does worry me though, you drive anywhere near the beach and you're gonna have a coating of it). I bought a V6 to daily and enjoy, so some rain won't kill it, I just get kinda aggravated about my detail job and mats, lol.
2016 Hyper Blue 3.6 M6 | 15% Tint, Black Bowties, Leather Knee Pads, Borla ATAKs, blackout tails, Diode Dynamics side markers Next up: body color antenna, T7 splitter, Blade Spoiler, RS/SS headlight conversion
AirplanesRLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 08:53 PM   #17
SkipNWis

Drives: 2016/SS Has had 4 Gen 5's
It's like riding the Harley your going to get wet sometimes. But if its looks like rain It"s not leaving the garage.

SnoWhite
SkipNWis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 11:09 PM   #18
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Depends where I'm going. I don't generally drive it to work and would be less likely to drive on a nasty day. Too many bad drivers around here for that and rain brings out the worst. Drive my truck when possible. But I don't worry about rain if I'm going on a road trip in the Camaro. Rain won't hurt it!!

I am also in northern ca
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 11:37 PM   #19
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Not my DD and no, not driving it in the rain. But if I get caught in the rain, washing right away when I can and put her back in the garage.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 11:40 PM   #20
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Not that it rains much down there !!
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 11:42 PM   #21
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
Not that it rains much down there !!
Not sure what location you are referring to but I think it rained about 4 days in the last 6 months lol..

And when it does rain, CHAOS! Traffic gets WORSE, accidents, etc. That's Southern Cali for ya SMH
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 03:39 AM   #22
AndyL

Drives: 2017 50th SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTNLSS View Post
Yep it's my DD. Just put my snow tires on last night and drove it through the first snow storm here in Utah today.
How did it do with the snow tires and what kind did you get? I'm in Layton too. Not planning on getting snow tires myself or doing much if any winter driving.

Andy
AndyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 05:07 AM   #23
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTNLSS View Post
Yep it's my DD. Just put my snow tires on last night and drove it through the first snow storm here in Utah today.
How'd she do?
Old 11-18-2016, 08:40 AM   #24
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
I live in the Pacific NW. Decent amount of rain from Fall through Spring. Driving in the rain is part of living here. Love the car, but it is just a car, rain isn't stopping me from driving it. But if the rain starts to freeze or turns to snow which happens a few times a year, then it will remain in the garage.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 10:51 AM   #25
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
I bought it to drive. If it is raining or going to rain for sure, I will likely crank up the truck. However, if I am in my car and it rains, no big deal. It washes. It isn't a 250SWB or a 288GTO or even a '63 Split Window.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 10:54 AM   #26
JonGSA

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
I drive my SS in the rain and cold. Like everyone has been saying, I love the car, but it's just a car. I've driven RWD cars in the past in the snow. raid, sleet...etc. I got by.....sometimes there were close calls, but I made it out alive and the car did too. But to be fair those RWD cars, were lower on the HP scale. Old 4.6 Stang years ago had no balls and my 350Z had some power, but no trq.

I've had the rear kick out on me in the rain on the SS, when i gave it a bit more power than I should. But between traction control and staying on point, it's fine.

When it starts to snow here though, I'll be covering and parking the Camaro and take my old A4 as my daily. If the roads clear and dry up with snow around yet, I'll take her out. As long as the roads stay dry and no chance of wet roads freezing up to black ice, I'll drive her.

Other money pits:
'13 S1000RR
'11 R1200 GS Adventure
'01 HD Sporty 1250
JonGSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 11:44 AM   #27
Lemosine

Drives: 2016 M6 Hyper Blue 2SS
I try not to drive mine in the rain mostly because the road to my house is made of caliche and boy does it get muddy. When its dry I drive 10 mph and still throws dust everywhere.....
Lemosine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 12:06 PM   #28
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
I sold a 13 ZL1 and 04 GTO that was my daily so I could drive this everywhere. Sun, rain or snow.

Its a great car but not a collectable. I want to enjoy it as much as possible and use it up

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote