Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 11-25-2015, 07:39 PM   #1
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
special thanks

I just wanted to thank all of the military, law enforcement, first responders, hospital staff, etc that have to work the holidays. It takes a special breed of folks. Hope you still get a good meal tomorrow. On a positive note, you can use work as an excuse to NOT go to the in-laws! (it's what I do lol)
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 07:45 PM   #2
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
Thanks...Im working all holidays this year for 5 years in a row, I dont even keep track of holidays at this point.. Youre absolutely right I get away with it every time "I got duty that night sorry" haha. Happy Holidays to you!

Last edited by vet757; 11-25-2015 at 07:56 PM.
vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 08:36 PM   #3
Subperfect

Drives: 16 Camaro
Was gone on a conus deployment last year for the holidays, this time the girlfriend is overseas at Camp lemonnier for the holidays...vicious cycle. Holidays are going to suck with her not with me .
Old 11-25-2015, 09:00 PM   #4
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
My wife is an FTO, she gets holidays off. Only perk of that job though. I took last turkey day off and decided I would rather spend it with the work family this year. But I see how tough it is on some of them. Especially the ones with little kids etc. I saw a lady in air force uniform today and she had a bunch of thanksgiving stuff. I said, "All ready for the big day tomorrow?" She said, "Tonight. I work tomorrow." and you could see it made her sad. I told her I was too and she smiled. Said, "It sucks but it is part of the job I signed up for". Had me thinking all day. It is always nice to hear thank you. Thank a fireman or a cop. Hell, thank the lady in Walgreens. It may just be what that person needs today.
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:28 PM   #5
G-10

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusvk View Post
My wife is an FTO, she gets holidays off. Only perk of that job though. I took last turkey day off and decided I would rather spend it with the work family this year. But I see how tough it is on some of them. Especially the ones with little kids etc. I saw a lady in air force uniform today and she had a bunch of thanksgiving stuff. I said, "All ready for the big day tomorrow?" She said, "Tonight. I work tomorrow." and you could see it made her sad. I told her I was too and she smiled. Said, "It sucks but it is part of the job I signed up for". Had me thinking all day. It is always nice to hear thank you. Thank a fireman or a cop. Hell, thank the lady in Walgreens. It may just be what that person needs today.
Thirty Two years in SFFD, I'm lucky to be alive! Downtown and busy stations.The best job I've ever had!