Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 09-22-2014, 11:28 AM   #29
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
OP, that Z28 looks like a clone to me, and is most likely a heavily modified car. My original '69 Z28 had the optional 4.10 gears and traction was an issue! I don't think that you can compare the time periods stock for stock.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:38 PM   #30
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
what you'll find in life is most people don't know much about most thing's.
I'm 45..... 29 yr old son...16 yr old daughter....3 grand kids......and I wife. I'm finding I know less each day that goes by ..
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:40 PM   #31
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
OP, that Z28 looks like a clone to me, and is most likely a heavily modified car. My original '69 Z28 had the optional 4.10 gears and traction was an issue! I don't think that you can compare the time periods stock for stock.
I thought that at the time.....I really didn't look it over very well. I did see a clone a couple of weeks back....it was nowhere near as nice as this one looked. I was hoping someone that was in the know would comment. The guy and his wife were....elderly to say the least. I'm wondering if he has had it since new and decided to update it to make it a little more comfortable for them to drive. Problem is this was the last show if the year so now I'll have to wait to ask him.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:00 PM   #32
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Hey OP, 1st thing to look at is the rear bumper guards, most people overlook that, and the grill was supposed to be argent silver. I did upgrade the exhaust on my car. A 302 was made by using a 327 block and putting a 283 crank in it. The motor also had the double hump heads and a Holley 780. Not trying to beat up on someones car, it is nicely done.
Attached Images

Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:37 PM   #33
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Now that i see an original....yours is a beauty...i can see the differences. Im just wondering is this owner...he was older for sure...made some changes during his restoration. I did question the upgraded tires and suspension. This car could very well be a tribute car. I didnt get a looka t the motor. The inside looked really nice. I really appreciate the photos ....thats a beauty.