#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 02-21-2022, 08:09 AM   #15
Oil Man

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2018 ZL1 A10 (RIPx2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
My driver’s seat bolster is starting to show some wear on the side closest to the door from getting in and out of the car. Whenever I drive my Camaro or Corvette, I usually move my wallet from a back pocket to a side pocket so it doesn’t catch on the bolster when I get in the car.
This is a great point.

Even minor things like rivets on your jeans, or keychain fobs, or the steel retainer clip on your pocket knife can end up being pretty destructive if it becomes the fulcrum that you pivot yourself in and out of your driver's seat upon.

My friend tore up the driver's seat in his C7 in pretty short order this way.

Since I learned that from his lesson, I have been very careful about making sure that I don't have anything exposed from a pocket when I am getting into or out of my Z.
Oil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2023, 07:45 AM   #16
KYVOM1LE

Drives: 2023 2SS 1LE
Reported in another similar thread (no pun intended) that my stitching has also started to unravel. It has nothing to do with the side bolstering. The unraveling started below the bolstering and very bottom of the seat back.
Will begin process for repair tomorrow with dealer. Taking seat out and replacing seat back material sounds like the proper repair process...
KYVOM1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 04:41 PM   #17
DFVZL1 22

Drives: 22 Chey Cam ZL1 6spd
I am going through the same process with my local dealership in Conroe TX. My 22 ZL1 only has 8853 miles on the clock. Pics were taken and sent to GM for approval. Got a response 3 days later that the backseat skin cover will be replaced under warranty. The odd thing is the dealership seems to have received the skin two days after the approval was granted. Yep! the seat will be removed for this project.

However, the weirdest thing is that what is holding back the process of getting my car back now is the plastic trim piece around the passenger backrest release handle, which was pulled and broken off by my 12 yr. old son by mistake while trying to move the backrest in the dark. I am being told that it may take 7 days before they receive the plastic trim part. One would think that the leather skin cover would take 5 to 15 days arrive and that plastic part would be sitting in some warehouse in the USA. Oh well!! At least my minor inconveniences are being corrected under warranty without any BS or run around story that the issue is a wear and tear condition. Just have to lay down some charm and niceness with the SA and the manager when presenting the situation.
DFVZL1 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 01:57 PM   #18
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFVZL1 22 View Post
I am going through the same process with my local dealership in Conroe TX. My 22 ZL1 only has 8853 miles on the clock. Pics were taken and sent to GM for approval. Got a response 3 days later that the backseat skin cover will be replaced under warranty. The odd thing is the dealership seems to have received the skin two days after the approval was granted. Yep! the seat will be removed for this project.

However, the weirdest thing is that what is holding back the process of getting my car back now is the plastic trim piece around the passenger backrest release handle, which was pulled and broken off by my 12 yr. old son by mistake while trying to move the backrest in the dark. I am being told that it may take 7 days before they receive the plastic trim part. One would think that the leather skin cover would take 5 to 15 days arrive and that plastic part would be sitting in some warehouse in the USA. Oh well!! At least my minor inconveniences are being corrected under warranty without any BS or run around story that the issue is a wear and tear condition. Just have to lay down some charm and niceness with the SA and the manager when presenting the situation.
Please let me know if you get a part number for the seat back cover. Mine came with some bolster wear when I bought it, and I'd like to replace the cover at some point. Thanks!

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 03:25 PM   #19
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
Please let me know if you get a part number for the seat back cover. Mine came with some bolster wear when I bought it, and I'd like to replace the cover at some point. Thanks!
I would also like to know the part number please. It is hard as hell to get any information on the seats for these cars.
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 06:23 PM   #20
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
I went to the dealer a week ago to get part numbers and pricing for new seat covers for the drivers side seat of my ZLE. Here's what I got:
84213655 COVER $530.99
84862714 COVER $613.99

Both listed as special order but neither say upper or lower in the description.
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 10:41 PM   #21
IMCWORTH

Drives: 2023 Camaro Convertible ZL1 A10
My seats have issues and have been approved by GM under warranty. It took about 1 month to get the approval and the covers ordered and received. I have made an appointment to have the repairs done next week.
This is for Both front seats which showed wear at 4K miles. My dealership said it is done in house and should only take one days labor.
IMCWORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 09:39 AM   #22
rbuzz00

Drives: 1974 Z28, 2002 Camaro SS 2024 ZL-1
I'm glad that I saw this post, especially the part numbers for the replacement seat covers.

I'm considering ordering a replacement seat cover for the seat and back of the drivers seat. Since the drivers seat is a part that is subject to the most wear, because of the high bolsters and the fact that it is the seat that is always used, it sure would be nice to have a replacement set on hand if/when any wear appears. For me anyway, the passenger seat is almost never used and the rear seats will never be used, the chance of them wearing out is practically nil.

This sort of part is usually only available for a relatively short time, so for someone who is planning on keeping their ZL1 indefinitely, they probably won't be available when you need them. Generally reproduction parts are available, but in my experience they usually aren't the same quality and are never as desirable as genuine OEM parts.

This may be going a little overboard, but if I need them and they aren't available, I'd be kicking myself for not buying and storing them. It's an expensive proposition, but it sort of like insurance.

Now that the Camaro is gone, it may be a good idea to try to store certain parts that might not be available in a few years.
rbuzz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 10:30 AM   #23
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenZLE View Post
I went to the dealer a week ago to get part numbers and pricing for new seat covers for the drivers side seat of my ZLE. Here's what I got:
84213655 COVER $530.99
84862714 COVER $613.99

Both listed as special order but neither say upper or lower in the description.
Awesome! Thank you!

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 10:44 AM   #24
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I'll admit it's pretty ghetto, but unless I go to a meet or something (which is really rare), I keep the front seats covered. I use a black tank top for the backs, and just throw black microfiber towels on the bottoms. This way, when I drag my bottom across the bottom, and back across the back, the towels and tops get most of the abrasion. The look isn't great, but the tight fit of the tanks aren't TOO bad, and no one sees the bottoms anyways.

Ghetto, but has worked in all my cars. Easy enough to remove if I want to show off or something, and easy to put back on to protect. This is my keeper, so long-term protection is my focus.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 03:42 PM   #25
rbuzz00

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I'll admit it's pretty ghetto, but unless I go to a meet or something (which is really rare), I keep the front seats covered. I use a black tank top for the backs, and just throw black microfiber towels on the bottoms. This way, when I drag my bottom across the bottom, and back across the back, the towels and tops get most of the abrasion. The look isn't great, but the tight fit of the tanks aren't TOO bad, and no one sees the bottoms anyways.

Ghetto, but has worked in all my cars. Easy enough to remove if I want to show off or something, and easy to put back on to protect. This is my keeper, so long-term protection is my focus.
That's similar to what I do. I always have the bottom cushion covered with a thick black towel.

The way I figure it, it's the dragging and twisting that puts most of the wear on the material. Twisting around once you plop down in the seat helps cause the leather to twist and get those stretch marks and just sitting down on the bolsters collapses the foam and leather and is rough on the stitching.

There's no way to eliminate it entirely, but I figure if there is something between the seat leather and my backside, then that will take the brunt of the twisting and abrasion and help protect the seats.

I'm into this Camaro for the long run, so naturally want to protect it as much as possible. I don't anticipate anything in the future wearing the Camaro nameplate being anything that I would be willing to buy. Chevrolet may be able to come out with a design that is sharp looking, but if it's an EV or a four door or an SUV, I'm not interested.
Old 05-28-2024, 04:27 PM   #26
CalgaryZL1

Just having a clear path with being able to order replacement parts, would be a win!!
Old 05-28-2024, 04:39 PM   #27
CalgaryZL1

I assume both those part numbers are for the driver side, being upper and lower?
Old 05-28-2024, 06:25 PM   #28
rbuzz00

Yes, driver's seat.

The 84862714 COVER $613.99 is the seat back, while naturally 84213655 COVER $530.99 is the bottom.