Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-21-2024, 07:19 AM   #1
CJZ-SS1LE

Drives: 2022 camaro SS 1LE
Fuel system needs?

So have a forged 427 in already daily driver and making over 600 on pump and E. Looking at adding some low boost looking for 800-850 rwhp. What will i need to change to get there safely?
2022 Camaro SS 1LE, 427 Darton sleeved, Diamond pistons, Callies ultra rods, Callies crank, King bearings, ARP throughout, Cometic gaskets, large bore ported CID heada, Cam motion custom cam, C7R chain, Schumann oil pump, BTR pushrods, Johnson lifters, MSD intake, Katech 103mm tb, Rotofab cai, Kooks 1 7/8 headers, 3 in mandrel custom exhaust. Hp T93 TCM.
CJZ-SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 07:38 AM   #2
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
If your cam doesn't have a bigger fuel lobe, then Port injection and a low side upgrade. If it does then you could do bigger injectors(+50's,LPE HPFP, and low side). This is all based on continuing to run E. Port Injection is more cost effective either way...especially if you plan to turn it up later.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 07:53 AM   #3
CJZ-SS1LE

Cam has a 38% fuel lobe and lt4 intank
2022 Camaro SS 1LE, 427 Darton sleeved, Diamond pistons, Callies ultra rods, Callies crank, King bearings, ARP throughout, Cometic gaskets, large bore ported CID heada, Cam motion custom cam, C7R chain, Schumann oil pump, BTR pushrods, Johnson lifters, MSD intake, Katech 103mm tb, Rotofab cai, Kooks 1 7/8 headers, 3 in mandrel custom exhaust. Hp T93 TCM.
Old 05-21-2024, 08:04 AM   #4
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Yeah so you will need +50 injectors, a bigger HPFP, along with a better low side.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 08:08 AM   #5
CJZ-SS1LE

Any suggestions on where to go for all that? Pretty sad all that has to be changed just to get to 850 rwhp thats only 200 more than currently making on stock lt1 stuff. These Lts are $$$ to build just to get into boost. I can see it if i were goin for over 1000.
Old 05-21-2024, 09:52 AM   #6
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
If you go port you can skip the DI injectors and LPE big bore but you will still need a low side solution either way. You might be able to get away with a JMS if you have a 2022+ LT4 low side in the tank. Port will be cheaper than upgrading the DI high side parts. But DI only is a cleaner setup.

Current port offering is the Too High PSI setup. I've tuned a bunch of these and its not difficult. If you want to wait a little while, DSX is coming out with a port setup that will be easier to tune and not require a separate port controller.
Old 05-21-2024, 10:51 AM   #7
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
If you go port you can skip the DI injectors and LPE big bore but you will still need a low side solution either way. You might be able to get away with a JMS if you have a 2022+ LT4 low side in the tank. Port will be cheaper than upgrading the DI high side parts. But DI only is a cleaner setup.

Current port offering is the Too High PSI setup. I've tuned a bunch of these and its not difficult. If you want to wait a little while, DSX is coming out with a port setup that will be easier to tune and not require a separate port controller.
Not to argue, but I think it does have a separate controller, doesn't it? I know it will be integrated with an updated OS from HPTuners, and there will only be a couple inputs the tuner will have to make, but isn't there a controller (not like the THPSI, but separate)? Maybe I'm interpreting the posts wrong from them... I'm not trying to argue a sematic. Maybe you meant a controller you have to calibrate, like the current THPSI offering?

Just looking for clarification.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 12:53 PM   #8
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Not to argue, but I think it does have a separate controller, doesn't it? I know it will be integrated with an updated OS from HPTuners, and there will only be a couple inputs the tuner will have to make, but isn't there a controller (not like the THPSI, but separate)? Maybe I'm interpreting the posts wrong from them... I'm not trying to argue a sematic. Maybe you meant a controller you have to calibrate, like the current THPSI offering?

Just looking for clarification.

Correct. You don't have to tune a separate port controller. That is what I was intending to relay.
Old 05-22-2024, 06:21 AM   #9
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post

I ran the stock in tank pump with the Toohighpsi port injection along with a 2300 Maggie I got used from Superchargersonline. Made 707/669 on E65. Its the easiest hp out there in my opinion. I think its still a ways off on the DSX release. The THPSI is a proven product and you can get it now. I did run the JMS boost a pump to help out the low side, but not sure I really needed it since we actually ran the low side at about 60 psi and the high side at about 2200 psi. Never had a drop in PSI on the low side and had plenty of fuel on the high side. We did run 9.80@142.96 on that set up. So, Megahurtz and King have it right, save some money and make great power for the street and track.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2024, 10:20 AM   #10
James Montigny
That guy

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
I ran the stock in tank pump with the Toohighpsi port injection along with a 2300 Maggie I got used from Superchargersonline. Made 707/669 on E65. Its the easiest hp out there in my opinion. I think its still a ways off on the DSX release. The THPSI is a proven product and you can get it now. I did run the JMS boost a pump to help out the low side, but not sure I really needed it since we actually ran the low side at about 60 psi and the high side at about 2200 psi. Never had a drop in PSI on the low side and had plenty of fuel on the high side. We did run 9.80@142.96 on that set up. So, Megahurtz and King have it right, save some money and make great power for the street and track.
Is there an advantage to having some fuel spray into the port behind the valve as opposed to having it all directly injected into the chamber?
I've heard more than one person suggest that they preferred the plate setup to larger injectors, but I was never sure if it was purely a cost issue (injectors+HPFP) or if there was truly a performance/efficiency advantage.
James Montigny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2024, 10:49 AM   #11
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Montigny View Post
Is there an advantage to having some fuel spray into the port behind the valve as opposed to having it all directly injected into the chamber?
I've heard more than one person suggest that they preferred the plate setup to larger injectors, but I was never sure if it was purely a cost issue (injectors+HPFP) or if there was truly a performance/efficiency advantage.
There is no performance advantage to Port vs DI. It's all about cost, time to spray, and overall fuel delivery capacity.