Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-15-2024, 11:34 AM   #183
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
There is a lawsuit. I keep getting an ad for one on Instagram. Haven’t decided whether or not I’ll join. Just a heads up but your insurance was probably going to go up regardless. Everyone’s has in the last year regardless of whether or not their car can spy on them. Insurance companies like all other companies in the last year have figured out they can just charge more for their services.
Oh it went up already, then it went up again due to "third party data by LexisNExis". It literally told me why.
Old 05-15-2024, 11:51 AM   #184
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
Oh it went up already, then it went up again due to "third party data by LexisNExis". It literally told me why.
Gotcha. At least they were honest with you haha. I have since opted out of Lexis nexus sharing my info. I checked verisk’s website and according to the website they no longer send GM data to insurance. Whether or not we can believe that is another story.

It’s unfortunately not possible for owners of newer Camaro’s to pull the onstar module out and 100% retain all functionality (we lose the Bluetooth mic). I’m just going to pull the fuse when I do my first track day assuming the pdr has a separate mic which I believe it does.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 02:56 PM   #185
dun

Drives: Camaro SS
Can anyone verify how and if they successfully got their telematics deleted? I sent my dispute in a month ago and am still being tossed in circles by "waiting to hear back from the source" as if that has any relevance on deleting MY data...
dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 03:08 PM   #186
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
Gotcha. At least they were honest with you haha. I have since opted out of Lexis nexus sharing my info. I checked verisk’s website and according to the website they no longer send GM data to insurance. Whether or not we can believe that is another story.

It’s unfortunately not possible for owners of newer Camaro’s to pull the onstar module out and 100% retain all functionality (we lose the Bluetooth mic). I’m just going to pull the fuse when I do my first track day assuming the pdr has a separate mic which I believe it does.
you don't pull the whole module. that has the same effect as pulling the fuse and yes, that would impact Bluetooth mic.

you open the onstar module and pull out the radio daughter board. this board plugs into the external antennas and removing that only impacts the module's ability to reach out. you could also opt for plugging in terminating connectors in place of the antenna wires if you have them.

then you plug the module back in and connect the battery back up. everything should be happy except onstar will not be able to connect to anything.

you can then unplug any indicator lights to onstar.

I'm not aware of anyone verifying if newer camaro's have no daughter boards or behave any different than first year gen6's. the bt thing was always a thing.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 03:27 PM   #187
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
you don't pull the whole module. that has the same effect as pulling the fuse and yes, that would impact Bluetooth mic.

you open the onstar module and pull out the radio daughter board. this board plugs into the external antennas and removing that only impacts the module's ability to reach out. you could also opt for plugging in terminating connectors in place of the antenna wires if you have them.

then you plug the module back in and connect the battery back up. everything should be happy except onstar will not be able to connect to anything.

I'm not aware of anyone verifying if newer camaro's have no daughter boards or behave any different than first year gen6's. the bt thing was always a thing.
Yes we need clarification because I’ve read that if this is done right like you said you do NOT loose the Bluetooth hands free microphone.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 07:44 PM   #188
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post

I asked someone on this board who did what you described and he was having Bluetooth mic issues. Someone else tried doing something with ohm resistors (sorry I don’t know squat about electricity so I might not be describing it right) in order to keep the Bluetooth mic.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 09:58 PM   #189
featurecar50

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Can you just unplug the wire connector from the module and leave the module in place?
featurecar50 is offline   Reply With Quote