Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-19-2023, 03:36 PM   #29
haggler

Drives: '23 2SS RSblue 6MT, sold '19 ND2
Have you guys not driven the current gen Mustang GT? That clutch is practically undrivable without replacing the spring. The mustang GT and the previous gen WRX clutch were much worse. The WRX bite point was practically 1/4 way down. The best clutch I ever had was a '19 miata. Its true the bite point is somewhat higher up, but its nothing you cant get used to

5-6-22:1100,
7-19-22: 3000,
8-3-22: TPW 8/15/22,
10-4-22: ETA 10/13/2022
10-15-22 6000
haggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 05:19 PM   #30
SHessler

Drives: 2021 1SS 1LE [Shock]
My biggest issue with the clutch is that the bite seems to change every time I step on it. If it was consistent i could adjust, but sometimes it sems to pick up right off the floor and other times it grabs 1/8" from the top.

Perhaps the worst part of the car for me...

Ex Spec Miata driver.
SHessler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 06:53 PM   #31
HyperBlue1SS

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue Camaro 1SS
Color me shock(ed)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitespeed View Post
That's not been my experience at all. I've owned and driven lots of cars over the decades with hydraulic clutches that have really good feedback and the engagement point has little to do with it being hydraulic. The big detriment to the Camaro clutch feel seems to be the clutch bias valve (looks like a big black knob attached the the clutch hydraulic line near the clutch pedal). I've never been able to find a good explanation for what it's supposed to do or what's going on inside of it. But when I installed my Hayes clutch pedal height adjuster (see my previous post), the bias valve was removed, and that alone got rid of a lot of the non-linearity of the feel. I have my suspicions that the bias valve may be some kind of clutch protection device that forces you to treat the clutch more like an on/off switch rather than letting it slip. But it makes getting the engagement right a royal PITA!

The only way to get any meaningful adjustment of the pick-up height is something like the height adjuster I mentioned previously

Nigel
I do agree with Whitespeed's assessment of the bias valve. It's like a women in that it's bias changes on a daily basis, henceforth, you get different results!
1LE Replicas / Solo Axleback Exhaust/ Street Scene Front Splitter / Diode Dynamics Smoked LED Side Markers / OEM Smoked Tails & Third Brake Light / OEM Illuminated Door Sills / OEM ZL1 Side Skirts / OEM ZL1 Spoiler / OEM Black Badges / GM CAI / Soler Engineering TB/TC / Katzkin Leather / 20% Tint

Last edited by HyperBlue1SS; 05-19-2023 at 07:08 PM.
HyperBlue1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 08:02 PM   #32
jollymon

Drives: '23 RRT 2SS 1LE M6, '15 SIM 1LS M6
My $0.02... I have owned a plethora of manual trans cars over decades and million+ miles. The clutch engagement and feel span a wild range. I currently run between 4 vehicles that span the gamut: 3/4 ton Dodge diesel, 15 1LS Camaro, 23 2SS Camaro, and 00 Jeep TJ 2.5L rock crawler. All totally different.. must let your body+mind adjust/adapt. It takes time. Today I jumped out of my SS and into my truck which is a wildly different experience/feel and my mental programming adjusted without conscious thought. Feet and shift hand just knew what to do.

Practice and miles and years. Be patient, gain experience and time.

Edit/add: to be clear, never owned/drove anything but a manual transmission vehicle for those >1M miles

2015 SIM 1LS M6 - fun DD commute car
2023 RRT 2SS 1LE M6 w/PDR - FUN!!
jollymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 07:56 AM   #33
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jollymon View Post
Edit/add: to be clear, never owned/drove anything but a manual transmission vehicle for those >1M miles
That's both interesting and impressive at the same time. I don't know anyone who has only owned and driven manual transmission vehicles the entire time they have been driving. I've owned and driven six manual transmission cars, including two daily drivers, in my almost 50 years of driving, but I've driven way more miles in auto transmission vehicles. Heck, nowadays it's hard to find a manual transmission in anything but a few sports cars.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote