Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-16-2023, 08:27 PM   #43
weekend_cruiser

Drives: 23' 2SS 1LE M6;19' Sierra 1500 AT4
All, thanks for the inputs. It was a difficult decision trying to pick between the all-season and summer Conti but in the end, went with the all-season DSW06+. I was able to get an additional discount which didn’t hurt. Perhaps I am an idiot as some claim putting all-seasons on a car like this but wanted to try them out and decide for myself . Worst case I get rid of them and get the summer Contis.

Had them on for a day and first impressions are really good. They are a little quieter and a little less stiff than the oem F1SC3. Pushed them a little hard on dry ground today and didn’t notice any traction issues. They seem to hook fine.

They tramline much less than the F1SC3 but steering felt a little less precise. I do have to admit the F1SC3 looks great on the 1LE. For some reason, the all-seasons with all that thread depth look a bit odd on the 1LE.

One thing I am absolutely glad to be rid of is the sound from crap the F1SC3 throws against the undercarriage. That pelting sound started to get annoying honestly.

So far happy with the decision but we will see how things progress.
weekend_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 07:50 AM   #44
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
[QUOTE=79 TransAm that never was;11315638]Honestly I think the stock tires would be a hard sell on any market unless you offer them up at a steal.

Not necessarily a hard sell. I use the oem Supercar3's on track and pick up every set of takeoffs or discounted older date coded tires from tirerack that I can find. The OP should be able to get around $1k for 100 mile take-offs. I'd grab them myself if they were local. Also, the Supercar3's should go around 12 - 15k miles in normal, street use
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 08:56 AM   #45
keep_hope_alive
Electrical Engineer

Drives: 2023 1SS A10 Black
I live in northern IL. I have a separate set of wheels with Blizzak tires for winter - and it's mostly temperature driven. The Blizzak did great, even in snow. Luckily, we had a pretty mild winter so I didn't have more than a few inches of snow to deal with.

I have more miles on the Blizzak than the summer tires the SS came with. We'll see how this year goes and what I change to in the future. I appreciate feedback from other owners in these posts.

1100: 5/3/22 . . . . . . . 2000: 6/25/22 . . . . . .4000: 8/17/22 . . . . . . . 6000: 9/10/22

Daily Driver mileage update: 34k mi. @ Sept 2024
New Engine @ 22,600 mi.

Build Log: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...6#post11353116
keep_hope_alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 08:19 PM   #46
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by weekend_cruiser View Post
I have come to realize these tires only last about 7k miles and are terrible in the rain and hydroplane badly. It rains a fair amount here. Below are the paths I am currently exploring
I have several days of combined rain driving on the Supercar 3 tires including on track (but more on the street) and they're not bad in the rain unless remaining tread depth is low (maybe around 3/32" or less) but any tire with low tread depth will be likely to hydroplane in the rain. The car's traction/stability control does a good job on the street in the rain and PTM Wet does well on track when it is raining.

Let me know if you end up wanting to sell your Supercar 3 tires for a good deal. I tend to drive to/near Austin occasionally.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 08:01 PM   #47
weekend_cruiser

[QUOTE=L78toLT1;11317492]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 TransAm that never was View Post
Honestly I think the stock tires would be a hard sell on any market unless you offer them up at a steal.

Not necessarily a hard sell. I use the oem Supercar3's on track and pick up every set of takeoffs or discounted older date coded tires from tirerack that I can find. The OP should be able to get around $1k for 100 mile take-offs. I'd grab them myself if they were local. Also, the Supercar3's should go around 12 - 15k miles in normal, street use
Asking $950 for the set which I think is fair. Took them off the car at 159 miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrptrks View Post
I have several days of combined rain driving on the Supercar 3 tires including on track (but more on the street) and they're not bad in the rain unless remaining tread depth is low (maybe around 3/32" or less) but any tire with low tread depth will be likely to hydroplane in the rain. The car's traction/stability control does a good job on the street in the rain and PTM Wet does well on track when it is raining.

Let me know if you end up wanting to sell your Supercar 3 tires for a good deal. I tend to drive to/near Austin occasionally.
Someone local reached out to me to get them. I'll list them on the classifieds soon if he doesn't buy them.
Old 05-18-2023, 08:10 PM   #48
weekend_cruiser

Only a few days with the tires but just wanted to add that I have been very impressed with the performance of the all-seasons DSW06+. Did some short twisty road test at speed and they didn't slide out one bit. Also hooked every time.

Granted, this is not pushing them hard like a track tire would see but I think for DD duties, might be hard to tell the difference. Just my 2 cents for anyone who ends up at this crossroads like I did. There has to be a reason why they are so highly rated.
Old 05-19-2023, 11:17 AM   #49
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by weekend_cruiser View Post
Only a few days with the tires but just wanted to add that I have been very impressed with the performance of the all-seasons DSW06+. Did some short twisty road test at speed and they didn't slide out one bit. Also hooked every time.

Granted, this is not pushing them hard like a track tire would see but I think for DD duties, might be hard to tell the difference. Just my 2 cents for anyone who ends up at this crossroads like I did. There has to be a reason why they are so highly rated.
Good feedback, thanks. I'll prob just burn through my OEM set first rather than try to sell. Too much hassle and likely not too many buyers near me. Monsoon season is approaching where I live, lots of days my car will be grounded until I can get all-seasons on it. Been spending too much lately on other extras for the car to worry about tires up front.
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote