Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-03-2022, 12:23 AM   #1
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
Bought a Lightning but I also need a V8 Camaro

I also have an early Silverado EV reservation but I recently purchased a Lightning Pro ($42k) and it has officially blown my mind. The torque and speed off the line (0-60 4.1 seconds) has converted me to electric. The screen is huge. The comfort and smoothness for a truck is confusing. I love the quietness, cleanliness, excess space, and power. The cost to performance seems similar to my Camaro. I'm debating whether to flip it early for a significant profit or continue enjoying it for a while until my Silverado EV comes sometime in early-mid 2023. I would be interested in an electric or hybrid V8 Camaro and/or Corvette but I would also need a car with a NA engine and exhaust.

My 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS is now 6 years old with 37k miles and has performed flawlessly. I noticed that a small oil leak has developed (loose oil pan bolts?). It has also been in an accident where the passenger side was replaced but overall the paint and interior are in excellent condition. Compared to my Lighting it doesn't smell new anymore. I'm debating if I should trade it in for a Rapid Blue 2SS while they are still in production but the color has not completely sold me. I'm also not a fan of the new hood vent on the 2SS. The 1LE package could help hide that but it would also be nice to see the blue paint and vent. I also prefer the stanchion spoiler but the 1LE has everything else I want. It would be nice to see a C7 Camaro with a V8 . A C8 Corvette may be a better choice to mix things up but I don't see me getting a spot to order until 2024+

Mods:
XPEL - Hood, Bumper, Headlights, & Side Mirrors
JWM - Side Markers
ZL1 Addons - Deluxe Rock Guards & Red Lift Pads
GM - Dark Tail Lamps
MRR - Gloss Black M017s
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 05:39 AM   #2
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBody View Post
I also have an early Silverado EV reservation but I recently purchased a Lightning Pro ($42k) and it has officially blown my mind. The torque and speed off the line (0-60 4.1 seconds) has converted me to electric. The screen is huge. The comfort and smoothness for a truck is confusing. I love the quietness, cleanliness, excess space, and power. The cost to performance seems similar to my Camaro. I'm debating whether to flip it early for a significant profit or continue enjoying it for a while until my Silverado EV comes sometime in early-mid 2023. I would be interested in an electric or hybrid V8 Camaro and/or Corvette but I would also need a car with a NA engine and exhaust.

My 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS is now 6 years old with 37k miles and has performed flawlessly. I noticed that a small oil leak has developed (loose oil pan bolts?). It has also been in an accident where the passenger side was replaced but overall the paint and interior are in excellent condition. Compared to my Lighting it doesn't smell new anymore. I'm debating if I should trade it in for a Rapid Blue 2SS while they are still in production but the color has not completely sold me. I'm also not a fan of the new hood vent on the 2SS. The 1LE package could help hide that but it would also be nice to see the blue paint and vent. I also prefer the stanchion spoiler but the 1LE has everything else I want. It would be nice to see a C7 Camaro with a V8 . A C8 Corvette may be a better choice to mix things up but I don't see me getting a spot to order until 2024+

You have accurately described the EV driving experience. It doesn’t matter if it is an EV truck, sedan or suv, they are quiet, smooth and effortlessly quick but not as fun to drive since they lack the noise, vibration and driving engagement offered by performance ICE vehicles.

The only real solution at this time is one of each. EV pickup if it meets your range expectations and a sports car on the side that offers more personality and a deeper connection to driving.

Believe me, the instant torque is great but the novelty eventually wears off and then what are you left with?
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 05:54 AM   #3
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Doesn’t Ford require ownership of the Lightning for a year like they did for the GT before you can sell it to prevent flippers?
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 05:06 PM   #4
taylorforschool@gmail.com
PKG4U

Drives: 2018 ZL1
From what I understand you signed something to that affect on the purchase agreement

Mods after Warranty “Imma keep it stock”
taylorforschool@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 05:46 PM   #5
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Just curious and you certainly do not have to respond. Was it a reputable dealer and they did not crush you with a crazy markup? A lot of dealers are doing it not just Ford. A Chevrolet dealer in Houston has a non refundable $6000 deposit for a new Z06 and $90,000 ADM and made you sign a contract. He was blasted over the internet and now has apologized and selling for MSRP.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 04:19 PM   #6
pondo

Drives: '23 SS 1LE
Totally agree with you. Wish I could have an EV and something fun. I sold my '18 hyper blue SS 1LE for a Tesla M3 Performance. Have had the Tesla for 2 years and 30k miles. It is nice not needing to do any maintenane and the acceleration is crazy. Handling is pretty decent too.

My personal opinion though, EVs in general are soulless. I miss rowing through gears and the experience of driving the 1LE. I have a deposit on a '23 rapid blue SS 1LE arriving in October. I'll definitely miss side view cameras and actually be able to see out of the car though! Crazy my tesla trade in is exactly what I paid for it 2 years ago. Wish I didn't have to daily drive the 1LE and keep the Tesla...it's a perfect commuter car (really the standard LR is better for commuting).
pondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 06:47 PM   #7
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by pondo View Post
Totally agree with you. Wish I could have an EV and something fun. I sold my '18 hyper blue SS 1LE for a Tesla M3 Performance. Have had the Tesla for 2 years and 30k miles. It is nice not needing to do any maintenane and the acceleration is crazy. Handling is pretty decent too.

My personal opinion though, EVs in general are soulless. I miss rowing through gears and the experience of driving the 1LE. I have a deposit on a '23 rapid blue SS 1LE arriving in October. I'll definitely miss side view cameras and actually be able to see out of the car though! Crazy my tesla trade in is exactly what I paid for it 2 years ago. Wish I didn't have to daily drive the 1LE and keep the Tesla...it's a perfect commuter car (really the standard LR is better for commuting).
Yeah, the price increases (inflation) and low supply on the Tesla helps with the resale for sure. My 2019 Model 3 Performance was $58k minus the $3,750 tax credit. The value was down to about $42k in 2021 but it jumped up to $48k in mid 2021 so I sold it. If I waited a bit longer I could have got a little north of $50k for it.

We still own a Model 3 SR+, my wife's daily. If I were to ever get another I would stick with the SR. The Dual Motor is nice to the extra acceleration but the SR+ feels similar with the instant torque but it feels quite a bit lighter without that front motor, handles more like a mid-engine car. Yes, the visibility is incredible in the Tesla Model 3s with its short sloping hood and lots of glass. It also has a super quick steering rack.

Good luck with the 1LE. I recently sold my ZL1 and picked up a CT4V-Blackwing with an M6. The ZL1 was an A10 and I missed rowing the gears. This Blackwing is pretty cool, it is essentially a 4 door Camaro with the better visibility and utility but still has a lot the DNA of a Camaro but with some improvements. Alpha2 chassis, magnetic ride 4.0, 6 piston Brembos with 2-piece rotors, Tremec 6-speed, Sport steering wheel with V-Mode button, My Mode, No lift shift, Michelin PS4S tires, Dual Mode Exhaust, etc. It makes similar power from its LF4 twin turbo V6 (472hp, 445lb ft tq). The only thing I would change is to use the LT1 V8, not for the power, but for the V8 sound. The LF4 sounds great for a V6 but it is still not a V8. The CT5-V Blackwing fixes that but that is out of my price range as they are all north of $100k with ADM.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote