Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-21-2021, 09:16 PM   #281
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
Right. And just to be very clear, keep holding it until the yellow indicator lights for both the ABS Off and Stabilitrak Off come on (see pic below). If you don't wait that long, your nannies will still be active.

Attachment 1074804
Exactly! And picture is worth a thousand words
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 09:55 PM   #282
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Exactly! And picture is worth a thousand words
Just to add one more clarifier here, both lights don't come on at the same time. First the TC Off light comes on, and then the Stabilitrak Off light comes on a second or so later. It is 100% possible to disable the ABS without disabling Stabilitrak, and I have the autocross loss to prove it. Go to 3:15 of this video to see "all nannies off" engaged while showing the indicator lights coming on.

Last edited by Msquared; 07-22-2021 at 07:45 AM.
Msquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 10:20 PM   #283
TrackClub

Quote:
Just to add one more clarifier here, both lights don't come on at the same time. First the ABS Off light comes on, and then the Stabilitrak Off light comes on a second or so later. It is 100% possible to disable the ABS without disabling Stabilitrak, and I have the autocross loss to prove it. Go to 3:15 of this video to see "all nannies off" engaged while showing the indicator lights coming on.
ABS?! As far as i know it is Stabilitrack and TC...
Old 07-22-2021, 07:47 AM   #284
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
ABS?! As far as i know it is Stabilitrack and TC...
D'oh! Not sure how I went from "TC" to "ABS" in my head. Edits made to previous posts, and thanks for catching that.
Old 07-22-2021, 08:08 AM   #285
TrackClub

Quote:
D'oh! Not sure how I went from "TC" to "ABS" in my head. Edits made to previous posts, and thanks for catching that.
Old 07-22-2021, 01:13 PM   #286
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Is sport competitive mode really normal throttle? I could swear it feels like track throttle to me? I thought any competitive mode defaults to the linear throttle, as well as track.
Anyone?

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 01:42 PM   #287
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Anyone?
As far as I can tell, throttle "response" in Track mode, or any of the PTM modes are the same.
Whereas Tour and Sport mode have the exaggerated "response" either in normal, TC off, or competitive mode.

When you spend time in Tour or Sport then switch to Track, the throttle feels lazy or kind of numb.
Old 07-22-2021, 01:59 PM   #288
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post

When you spend time in Tour or Sport then switch to Track, the throttle feels lazy or kind of numb.
I actually get the reverse, I far prefer track due to how responsive it is at all RPMs. The progressive feel of sport and tour create a huge dead spot IME, which is the nature of progressive travel.

But yeah, I thought competitive mode would automatically change the throttle response, no matter what mode the suspension was in.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 09:05 PM   #289
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
I actually get the reverse, I far prefer track due to how responsive it is at all RPMs.
Agreed. Track is very responsive in mine.
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 09:34 PM   #290
TrackClub

Haven't really taken the time to test in Sport vs Track so no opinion here, except in PTM Race, or Comp Mode the throttle feels the way i like it. Perhaps because i am fairly progressive with throttle input anyway.
Old 07-25-2021, 02:03 PM   #291
bcasurvey1

Drives: 2019 White ZLE
save
bcasurvey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 11:18 AM   #292
5.M0NSTER

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Comp Mode vs PTM question.

I settled on Sport Comp as my favorite mode to drive on the street. Car is plenty playful, I get good rotation on throttle, and I can light up the tires much easier than in other modes due to TCS being off. I can also get Comp mode in Track setting with single TCS button push.

I have a track day coming up in 1 week, and I am toying with the idea of using Sport or Track Comp mode vs PTM Sport 2 or PTM Race.

I might start the day in PTM Sport 2 or Race, and them try Comp mode later in the day.

What are your thoughts on this based on your experiences? I am an advanced level driver with high confidence in being able to manage oversteer.
5.M0NSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 07:23 PM   #293
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
If you are truly an advanced level driver (many track days and experience driving near/at handling limits on track - roads don't count in my opinion, as the handling limits are too high) and are sure you can manage oversteer, then starting in PTM Sport2 or Race may be fine.

However, if you do that, then the next logical step would be to have all nannies (including stability control) turned off. Competition mode turns off TCS but leaves stability control on (albeit the reduced version that is active in PTM Sport 1 and below), which according to your claims, you don't need. If you start in PTM Sport 2 or Race, you were already driving with stability control turned off.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 09:00 PM   #294
5.M0NSTER

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
If you are truly an advanced level driver (many track days and experience driving near/at handling limits on track - roads don't count in my opinion, as the handling limits are too high) and are sure you can manage oversteer, then starting in PTM Sport2 or Race may be fine.

However, if you do that, then the next logical step would be to have all nannies (including stability control) turned off. Competition mode turns off TCS but leaves stability control on (albeit the reduced version that is active in PTM Sport 1 and below), which according to your claims, you don't need. If you start in PTM Sport 2 or Race, you were already driving with stability control turned off.
Thanks for the feedback. You have a great point about working my way up through the modes.

To elaborate on my experience, as of today I have 20+ track days in the various cars, over 7 seasons. My best achievement is a 7:52 Nurburgring Nordschleife lap. BTG of course.

My last day in the 1LE was very wet, and I quickly worked my way from PTM wet, to PTM dry, to Sport 1 when it went from wet to damp. I was ok with the side slip, but I still felt like TCS was cutting my power.

This is what got me thinking about Competitive more. I usually keep my side slip angle managed. But TCS cuts out before I get to those angles to begin with. This is what got me thinking about Comp mode. Does it come before PTM Race, or after PTM race. Which mode comes before you go full off?

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 09-05-2021 at 10:25 PM.
5.M0NSTER is offline   Reply With Quote