Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-09-2021, 02:21 PM   #1
KLG

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Iphone cable routing

Cleaned up the lightning cable routing. I had the cable coming out of the console then going under the right side panel of the console to the cell phone holder. However, the passenger seat back interferred where the cable exited the console.

So, I drilled a hole in the right front corner of the console storage compartment and routed the lightning cable though the hole and then up to the cell phone holder.
Attached Images

2016 2SS Convertible; SIM; Black & Ceramic White interior; M6; NPP; DD LED side marker lamps & back-up lamps; LED trunk lamps, license plate lamps & front T/S lamps; 3rd brake light pulser; Skip-shift eliminator; Borla s-type non-npp axle backs; Weather-Tech floor mats, trunk mat, rear license plate frame/cover; GM fuel door; ZL1addons rock guards; Removed fender badges, front & rear SS badges; JLT CAI, tune, oil separator; RP Synchromax in transmission; RP MaxGear in rear differential; GM Lowering Suspension Upgrade; Dimple oil filter magnets & magnetic oil drain plug; 3M Ceramic window tint.
KLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 05:58 PM   #2
cthompson07

Drives: 2016 hyper blue 2ss
Did you take the console out to snake it up front to the holder? I have the same holder in the same spot and the cable does indeed get in the way when it’s coming out the passenger side.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:27 PM   #3
KLG

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthompson07 View Post
Did you take the console out to snake it up front to the holder? I have the same holder in the same spot and the cable does indeed get in the way when it’s coming out the passenger side.
No, I did it with everything in place. Just emptied the storage compartment and removed the rubber liner in the bottom before drilling. I notched the rubber liner to allow the lightning cable to go under it.

The only tricky part is drilling the hole(s). The first hole goes through the plastic of the storage box. Then there is about 1/4" of open space to the next piece of plastic that you must also drill through. It took me a few minutes of studying the layout before I realized I had to drill through that second plastic panel.

After I drilled through that second plastic panel, I snaked a thin wire down to ensure I was in the area between the transmission tunnel carpet and the right side panel of the console. I removed the wire and pushed the lightning cable through the hole and downward until I could pull it out from under the right side panel of the console. Then I routed and tucked the cable back under the right side panel as I moved forward.

It's a lot more difficult for me to explain it than the actual process.
2016 2SS Convertible; SIM; Black & Ceramic White interior; M6; NPP; DD LED side marker lamps & back-up lamps; LED trunk lamps, license plate lamps & front T/S lamps; 3rd brake light pulser; Skip-shift eliminator; Borla s-type non-npp axle backs; Weather-Tech floor mats, trunk mat, rear license plate frame/cover; GM fuel door; ZL1addons rock guards; Removed fender badges, front & rear SS badges; JLT CAI, tune, oil separator; RP Synchromax in transmission; RP MaxGear in rear differential; GM Lowering Suspension Upgrade; Dimple oil filter magnets & magnetic oil drain plug; 3M Ceramic window tint.
KLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 02:00 AM   #4
peteric

Drives: 2016 camaro
That's a neat setup. Might do the same thing though I'm not sure about the drilling part.
peteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 11:02 AM   #5
vtelvr

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
That’s exactly what I need to do with mine. Never fails when I have a passenger that they sit on the cord.
vtelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 11:06 AM   #6
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I routed my cable out from under the back edge of the console lid, 0 interference with passenger seat, practically invisible. Straight under the bottom side of the console and pops out right under my pro clips (same mount as yours). You can't tell it is there, no interference at all and took me all of 2 minutes.
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote