Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-24-2021, 11:48 AM   #85
jroth7

Drives: 2021 2SS
Can't argue against this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Law abiding people are (for the most part) going to abide by the laws.

Criminals aren't. It goes along with gun control..... sure you can ban the guns, then only law abiding citizens won't have them.

All the laws in the world would not have changed a thing for this idiot in the Camaro to go flying down the street and end up plowing into people.
Some people actually argue against this type of thinking. It's an argument against, what I consider, to be common sense. There's a lot of unfixable stupid in this world though.
jroth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:52 AM   #86
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Nope, you still don’t get it.

Let’s take DUI’s for your example; There used to not really be any enforcement of that. Then there was this big socially engineered push to do exactly what you are talking about.

But guess what, people still do it. Even after multiple suspensions they still get caught driving, & drinking. They don’t care & no law is going to change that.

Obviously in your mind you associate actions with legal consequences & think others do as well, so your construct is to push your ideals thinking it will matter, but in reality it doesn’t really matter to people that simply don’t care. No law is going to change that about anything. Period.

Let’s look at it from another perspective: You want people to do the right thing because muh law. I want people to do the right thing because it’s the right thing.

my way actually has measurable affect on people who would otherwise do the activity. Your way does not.

Either i'm right and stricter laws impacted this issue or you're right and we're all just much more ethically sound and better decision makers as a country than we were in 1985.

https://www.iii.org/fact-statistic/f...paired-driving

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...us-since-1988/

It's not like we as a country are drinking less (roughly the same per capita) or driving less. What changed? the law and enforcement of it did.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 12:06 PM   #87
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
In 1985 nobody was trying to mine likes from instafacesnapgram.
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 12:09 PM   #88
Wobble Goat

Drives: Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
It wasn't on the highway. It was a side road, service road or whatever you want to call it. He could have been slowing down to turn into the parking lot. There are lot of businesses in that lot. I've seen a lot of folks try to blame the guy that got hit and that's just idiotic. Someone going about their business at a normal speed gets hit and y'all wanna shift blame from the asshole going over 100mph? GTFO

This is the location based on the signs in the picture.
Its not a service road its a Fwy with a speed limit of 50mph. And the person that got hit was between the 2 "fast lanes" going 0 - 5 mph. I'm not "shifting blame", but I'm saying 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Personally I believe every ass-clown should be disciplined.

Camaro driver doing 100+ in a 50 to create the doppler effect. = assclown
Driver stopped in between the left and middle lane of a 50 mph road. = assclown
Exacerbating pedestrians standing on highway divider. = assclowns

Classic case of stupid people, playing stupid games, and winning stupid prizes.

Sadly a few people associating with said assclowns also received the stupid prizes.
Wobble Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 12:26 PM   #89
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
https://www.yahoo.com/autos/minor-ki...163000486.html

updated
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 12:37 PM   #90
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobble Goat View Post
Its not a service road its a Fwy with a speed limit of 50mph. And the person that got hit was between the 2 "fast lanes" going 0 - 5 mph. I'm not "shifting blame", but I'm saying 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Sadly a few people associating with said assclowns also received the stupid prizes.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:02 PM   #91
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobble Goat View Post

Many people stated that the Malibu had just pulled out to leave and had no idea that the camaro was coming.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:02 PM   #92
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
Ill take dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery any day.

The gun analogy feels almost right here except for one thing.
Driving like a complete fool or even driving safely for that matter. Is not a recognized natural right as highlighted by the Second Amendment.
But there will always be breakers of the law. And in fact the video is showing several blatant examples of existing laws doing not one single thing to prevent this.
Then theres the problem we have with already having a government thats so completely out of control that I barely recognize the country I grew up in during the 60s and 70s.
Not to excuse this ridiculous deadly behavior... but I am not willing to be subjected to further regulation or restriction to be saved from the actions of these assclowns.
Just as I am unwilling to be subjected to further restrictions on my right to self defense because of gang shootings in Chicago... or a mass shooting by a nut case in a night club. All of which are already against enough laws to put all those engaged in such behavior either behind bars for life... or 6 feet under.
Have you looked at the news lately? See those jeeerkofffs in congress speaking as though they were special??
Im sorry... I will not be subjugated by the likes of them.
Old 02-24-2021, 01:17 PM   #93
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Check out the carnage this 350 Z did at a Cadillac dealership after losing control at high speed. Unbelievable what stupid people can do behind the wheel of a car! At least no one was killed in this one. https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mot...ocid=chromentp

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:19 PM   #94
Wobble Goat

Drives: Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
Many people stated that the Malibu had just pulled out to leave and had no idea that the camaro was coming.
Ok, Malibu pulling onto a 3 lane 50mph road crossing all 3 lanes at 0 - 5 mph.

Regardless of how the Malibu got on the road doesn't change the fact he was in the left lane of a 50mph road going 0 - 5 mph.

Last edited by Wobble Goat; 02-24-2021 at 01:58 PM.
Wobble Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:51 PM   #95
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
Check out the carnage this 350 Z did at a Cadillac dealership after losing control at high speed. Unbelievable what stupid people can do behind the wheel of a car! At least no one was killed in this one. https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mot...ocid=chromentp
Can someone catch me up on what in the world an XT4 350T is? I know the XT4. But 350T? GM hasn't made the 350 for almost 20 years lol
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 02:00 PM   #96
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR's 2SS View Post
Ill take dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery any day.
super scary enforcement of the laws that were broken in that video to deter skirting them flagrantly does not amount to slavery or impact anyone not following those laws already.

But what will happen is those laws wont be made more strict, so the victims wont get justice and so they'll look to make such a thing not happen some other way. This would amount to putting pressure on the manufacturers (which will impact everyone) or create new laws (which might impact other people ).

it's hard to justify making something where the test to use it hasn't increased in difficulty as the thing you're being allowed to use has increased in danger - and so it's going to be easy to justify limiting that thing to the levels of danger it had when those tests were relevant or to some level of ability that matches the avg driver's ability to safely operate.

i see a very dim future for any car enthusiast who has fun in their car in ways other than just leisurely cruising below the speed limit.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 02:00 PM   #97
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Law abiding people are (for the most part) going to abide by the laws.
That doesn't even make sense.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 02:11 PM   #98
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
my way actually has measurable affect on people who would otherwise do the activity. Your way does not.

Either i'm right and stricter laws impacted this issue or you're right and we're all just much more ethically sound and better decision makers as a country than we were in 1985.

https://www.iii.org/fact-statistic/f...paired-driving

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...us-since-1988/

It's not like we as a country are drinking less (roughly the same per capita) or driving less. What changed? the law and enforcement of it did.
Your error in thought is that the laws, or enforcement there-of, makes people moral or ethical, but you haven’t. You have simply made them more socially compliant with the fear of prosecution.

Murder, for example, is the same. If one has thoughts or desire to commit murder, but doesn’t for fear of punishment, that person is still a murderer in his heart.

I don’t drive drunk for the same reason I don’t think about murdering people, lying to them, cheating or stealing from them. It’s not for fear of punishment, it’s because it’s not in my heart to do such things. In fact it’s in my heart to do the exact opposite. Show love rather than hatred, honesty rather than deceit, integrity instead of dishonor.

I never shared an idea as to a solution, yet merely stated my desire as to why they would or would not do something & the overall false reliance on the social threat of punishment.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote