Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 01-12-2021, 08:07 AM   #15
StPeteHyper2.0

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Since your factory system is the base 6 speaker system with the smaller screen, an aftermarket setup is a little easier to integrate than if you had the factory Bose audio and with factory navigation.

Those of us with the Bose system and with Navigation on top of that really have to keep the factory display.

It does look very nice though. Looks like it came from the factory. A lot of aftermarket dashboard units and adapter kits don't fit quite right or stick out abnormally. They did a nice job with that design.
They have different harness adapters for the bose system. You basically have to look for the harness to match your IO5 or IO6 system. Mine is IOB. Pac audio should have a harness for that. Idatalink needs to get off their ass and make a compatible harness. You're essentially pulling out the stock radio module and replacing it with an aftermarket programmed module to retain factory settings. If it's not available yet then be patient or start emailing Idatalink to push them. Idatalink maestro RR to be exact. The aftermarket stereos are not dead yet. They are adapting to the change. Pioneer made a modular unit and now companies can work on adapting to specific vehicles. Research Idatalink and you may be surprised.

I replaced all my stock speakers and still use the stock amp however I used a sub thump harness and added 2 more amps with 2 midrange and 2 subs.
StPeteHyper2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:27 AM   #16
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by StPeteHyper2.0 View Post
They have different harness adapters for the bose system. You basically have to look for the harness to match your IO5 or IO6 system. Mine is IOB. Pac audio should have a harness for that. Idatalink needs to get off their ass and make a compatible harness. You're essentially pulling out the stock radio module and replacing it with an aftermarket programmed module to retain factory settings. If it's not available yet then be patient or start emailing Idatalink to push them. Idatalink maestro RR to be exact. The aftermarket stereos are not dead yet. They are adapting to the change. Pioneer made a modular unit and now companies can work on adapting to specific vehicles. Research Idatalink and you may be surprised.

I replaced all my stock speakers and still use the stock amp however I used a sub thump harness and added 2 more amps with 2 midrange and 2 subs.
So they make these head units capable to not only run aftermarket amps and speakers but also integrate to the vehicle operations? In the screen I can adjust my suspension (I also have MagRide)/steering/dual mode exhaust, adjust power door lock and delay lighting, perimeter transmitter activation, climate control settings, I can even set the front and rear defrosters to come on by themselves when the outside temp is sensed at 36 degrees! Navigation, XM radio, backup sensors, blind spot monitors, memory driver's seat automatic exit and entry settings...... all that stuff and much more is all programmed in the car through the infotainment screen.

You mean the new aftermarket head units will work with all of that and keep all of my operations?
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 12:06 PM   #17
StPeteHyper2.0

Quote:
So they make these head units capable to not only run aftermarket amps and speakers but also integrate to the vehicle operations? In the screen I can adjust my suspension (I also have MagRide)/steering/dual mode exhaust, adjust power door lock and delay lighting, perimeter transmitter activation, climate control settings, I can even set the front and rear defrosters to come on by themselves when the outside temp is sensed at 36 degrees! Navigation, XM radio, backup sensors, blind spot monitors, memory driver's seat automatic exit and entry settings...... all that stuff and much more is all programmed in the car through the infotainment screen.

You mean the new aftermarket head units will work with all of that and keep all of my operations?
I completely understand your concern.. that is a lot of extra settings and you have a 2019 model. Do you know your radio code? Would be on a silver label under the trunk mat. I'm not seeing much for 2019 models yet. Your radio options should be IOR, IOS, or IOT from what I see. You may have to wait a little longer for the market to catch up to all those settings. We really need to push idatalink to develop modules for our platform. They are the best so far for other vehicles, we just aren't listed yet and they told me camaro isn't on their active project list. All those settings run thru the data lan lines in your vehicle. The aftermarket module just needs to be programmed to pick up on everything. Even if some settings aren't readily available, they give firmware updates regularly that will reprogram the module they offer (PAC and Idatalink). So reach out to them as well and try to get our cars on their active list.
Old 01-14-2021, 04:48 AM   #18
Boogie4bear

Drives: 1lt
Quote:
Metra has a dash kit for Pioneer. I've been looking into idatalink and Pac for install compatibility. It's the only kit option I've seen but there is a chance.

Metra 107-GM3B & 108-GM3B
Pioneer DMH-c2000nex, DMH-c2500nex, DMH-c5500nex
Yes, and that is what I got installed on my car. Thank u
Boogie4bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 04:50 AM   #19
Boogie4bear

Quote:
Here's a sneak peek.. not fully wired up yet.

I ended up getting that radio installed and In love it
Old 01-14-2021, 05:51 AM   #20
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
I completely understand your concern.. that is a lot of extra settings and you have a 2019 model. Do you know your radio code? Would be on a silver label under the trunk mat. I'm not seeing much for 2019 models yet. Your radio options should be IOR, IOS, or IOT from what I see. You may have to wait a little longer for the market to catch up to all those settings. We really need to push idatalink to develop modules for our platform. They are the best so far for other vehicles, we just aren't listed yet and they told me camaro isn't on their active project list. All those settings run thru the data lan lines in your vehicle. The aftermarket module just needs to be programmed to pick up on everything. Even if some settings aren't readily available, they give firmware updates regularly that will reprogram the module they offer (PAC and Idatalink). So reach out to them as well and try to get our cars on their active list.
My radio code is IOT - Chevy Infotainment 3 Premium audio with Navigation
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 07:48 AM   #21
StPeteHyper2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie4bear View Post
I ended up getting that radio installed and In love it
Awesome. Install yourself or have a shop do it? Just plugged mine in last night and got it working. Few kinks to work out like waiting for the antenna adapter to come in but everything else is working great.
Attached Images

Last edited by StPeteHyper2.0; 01-14-2021 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-14-2021, 07:54 AM   #22
StPeteHyper2.0

Quote:
My radio code is IOT - Chevy Infotainment 3 Premium audio with Navigation
Yeah I don't see anything available yet for all those options but I wouldn't dismiss the idea of it all. I hope the aftermarket catches up as soon as possible for everyone. Spam idatalink if you desire.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:36 PM   #23
Boogie4bear

Quote:
Awesome. Install yourself or have a shop do it? Just plugged mine in last night and got it working. Few kinks to work out like waiting for the antenna adapter to come in but everything else is working great.

I had it installed. I don't have the know how to change out the factory radio, and maintain most of my factory functions like backip camera, sirius radio, steering wheel control, etc..
Old 01-15-2021, 03:54 AM   #24
StPeteHyper2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie4bear View Post
I had it installed. I don't have the know how to change out the factory radio, and maintain most of my factory functions like backip camera, sirius radio, steering wheel control, etc..
Another guy had his installed by shop also. I'm pretty good with wiring and have the service manual. I understand wiring diagrams well enough. Radio units are pretty much plug and play with the correct harnesses. Luckily this has been as well. PAC RP5-GM51 plugs in and wires to the car. Came with am/fm adapter, steering wheel controls, and backup camera was rca plug in as well. XM doesn't work nor do the USB and aux. So I'm waiting for the SXV300 sirius xm connect that plugs directly into the receiver which I'll swap my subscription from the car to the connect and also waiting for AXUSB-GM3 to swap out in the console for the USB and AUX inputs. That should cover everything working as normal. I'll do a better write up when all finish and verified for those willing to get into themselves
Old 01-24-2023, 03:13 AM   #25
killswitchpo

Drives: chevy camaro
Might have a way to solve this

Changing your 7" to 8" this possible but challenging. I will list the parts of what you need. Note: *All parts must be bought by GM dealer or gmpartsgiant.com*. The reason why you need to buy the parts with GM dealer because most of them have an anti-theft lock future. So if you buy a used one you will have to get it program.

1. 8" Display led or none led part number 84229264

Optional LED door trim I recommend go to https://accessories.chevrolet.com/ enter part code 84156586. Let the dealer install them so it will be under warranty. Note: you will need to install the I05 or I06 before you install the led door trim.

2. Radio Assembly Receiver part number 84278545

3. HMI I05 OR 106 I Do recommend getting the HMI106 from gen5diy they will program with your VIN number. No, you don't need to already have one

4. Amplifier, I recommend you get an aftermarket amplifier

5. harnesses you will need to get the full harness from eBay I recommend finding a really good audio shop or go to Car toys. Show them what you have and what you are trying to do most it will cost is $5000.

for the Cluster it is a plug-and-play however *MAKE SURE YOU BUY IT DIRECTLY WITH GM* otherwise you have to find a programmer
if you want the 2lt cluster the part number is 84055874 or if you want ss all you really need to do is to provide the VIN number from ss

If you want to see what music playing on your cluster go to gen5diy part number 220120

I will make create a youtube video if you have any questions feel free to ask
killswitchpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 01:39 PM   #26
hcekist

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Multimedia

Hello StPeteHyper2.0 Can you elaborate on how you redid the wiring? Where did you buy adapters and a monitor with a frame? I also want to change the standard multimedia))
hcekist is offline   Reply With Quote