Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-29-2020, 06:51 AM   #1
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
What exhaust to buy?

I know asking this is like asking what color you guys like. But here it goes anyways.

Looking for a loud exhaust to replace my factory NPP system. I would be fine with a non NPP system and not sure if a non NPP system will just plug and play with my NPP car. I am just looking to replace the exhaust and not the 2nd CAT's.

I was thinking the AWE track may be what i would like. This is for a 2021 LT1 model. I came from a loud and raw modded 2013 C6 with headers and NPP in a box that stayed stuck open all the time. So i am used to LOUD.

I guess Borla also makes a nice exhaust as well.

What would you guys pick?
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 07:52 AM   #2
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Borla ATAK is their loudest. I'm ok with the stock NPP for the time being.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 08:13 AM   #3
jb_camaro_2ss

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 Arctic Blue
I recently swapped out my NPP for the AWE touring catback. I was looking for something deeper, not raspy, and louder than NPP with minimal to no drone. I only used the valves on the NPP for cold starts in the morning. I skipped over the track edition because it is basically a muffler delete, but it sounds decent for a muffler delete.

Despite "touring" in the name, the touring is significantly louder than NPP with the valves open. I did use there link pipes for the 2nd cats though...

Borla S type was my next choice, but I feared it wouldn't be loud enough. Stainless works is nice too.

jb_camaro_2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 08:39 AM   #4
CHASLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb_camaro_2ss View Post
I recently swapped out my NPP for the AWE touring catback. I was looking for something deeper, not raspy, and louder than NPP with minimal to no drone. I only used the valves on the NPP for cold starts in the morning. I skipped over the track edition because it is basically a muffler delete, but it sounds decent for a muffler delete.

Despite "touring" in the name, the touring is significantly louder than NPP with the valves open. I did use there link pipes for the 2nd cats though...

Borla S type was my next choice, but I feared it wouldn't be loud enough. Stainless works is nice too.
On the AWE vids it is hard to tell a diff from the Track to touring catback on my speakers. I don't want raspy, but more of a low and deeper sound is what i want.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:40 AM   #5
CHASLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancygrl View Post
Borla ATAK is their loudest. I'm ok with the stock NPP for the time being.
The stock NPP is much better sounding on my LT1 vs my 2019 C7 with NPP.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:30 AM   #6
supersportss

Drives: 2019 SS
Borla S type sounds amazing. Just my two cents.
supersportss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 09:35 AM   #7
CHASLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersportss View Post
Borla S type sounds amazing. Just my two cents.
Seems that people like it. I may go that route.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:40 AM   #8
Nitefall17

Drives: Camaro 1SS A8 Vert
Awe Track or Touring, I have had both.
Nitefall17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 09:48 AM   #9
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Hurst/Holley performance have 2 axle back systems that might fit the bill for you and they are made for the dual mode NPP exhaust cars so you can keep your modes functional.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:49 AM   #10
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
I'm in the same boat as you, deciding between Corsa NPP and Borla S-Type. The ATAK doesn't sound up my alley.
Crushin_LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 09:52 AM   #11
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Sometimes I think about changing the NPP exhaust on my ZL1 for something louder but I’m getting older and sort of enjoy the sound of the NPP. Of course everyone is different and I understand you want your LT1 louder!
Old 11-29-2020, 10:07 AM   #12
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Sometimes I think about changing the NPP exhaust on my ZL1 for something louder but I’m getting older and sort of enjoy the sound of the NPP. Of course everyone is different and I understand you want your LT1 louder!

This is my first actual performance car, 2nd camaro. The NPP does sound nice, but the Borla's and Corsa's I've heard on the GT 5.0's sound much nicer than stock 5.0.

I just casually happen to only have friends with S4s, M3s, GTs, or Scat Packs, no one else with a Camaro - well not a modern Camaro at least. So no opportunity to directly compare my exhaust to theirs.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:14 AM   #13
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Borla S type here as well. Love it. Any louder would be annoying for me. It’s perfect.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:26 AM   #14
jb_camaro_2ss

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 Arctic Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLT1 View Post
On the AWE vids it is hard to tell a diff from the Track to touring catback on my speakers. I don't want raspy, but more of a low and deeper sound is what i want.
The vids usually don't do exhaust sounds any justice. It's difficult to hear the true difference in tone and volume.
This is the best stock to touring comparison video I could find. I think the mic picked up the tone pretty good of both stock and AWE. I have the exact same exhaust setup as this guy. https://youtu.be/2krSq7ooEM4

I've heard the track edition in person as well. I think the touring sounds a little deeper and a lot smoother than the track. You will get drone with the track edition.

jb_camaro_2ss is offline   Reply With Quote