Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-18-2020, 10:59 AM   #1
Scottycamaroz28

Drives: 2017 hyper blue 2ss camaro
Catback options

I have a 2017 2ss with auto trans and the NPP exhaust. The npp sounds great with the AFM valves open but then it warms up some and they close and its disappointing. Other than stainless works does anyone have other picks for an npp catback that still has a spot to mount the actuators for AFM but doesn't use them? My car still has warranty so deleting AFM now is not an option. could I use a catback as long as it's NPP and just tie the actuators to the side?
Scottycamaroz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 11:11 AM   #2
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottycamaroz28 View Post
I have a 2017 2ss with auto trans and the NPP exhaust. The npp sounds great with the AFM valves open but then it warms up some and they close and its disappointing. Other than stainless works does anyone have other picks for an npp catback that still has a spot to mount the actuators for AFM but doesn't use them? My car still has warranty so deleting AFM now is not an option. could I use a catback as long as it's NPP and just tie the actuators to the side?
The AFM valves only close in 4 cylinder mode. Even the NPP valves don't close after warming up if in sport or track. Pull fuse 51 and they'll lock open all the time.
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:14 PM   #3
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
I think AWE is or will have soon a AFM valve mounting option.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 03:58 PM   #4
Scottycamaroz28

Drives: 2017 hyper blue 2ss camaro
The AFM valves do close some without being in v4 mode. Which is why the car is loud on start up then gets quiet without any real drop in RPM. The AFM valves are only fully open on a cold start or WOT. Pulling fuse 51 is only for the NPP valves on the muffler. Plus why pull the fuse when you can just open them up from the infotainment screen and still have the option later. If I wanted loud all the time I would just strait pipe with axle dumps. I like have the NPP option in my neighborhood. I get enough attention from my truck and 69 camaro exhaust
Scottycamaroz28 is offline   Reply With Quote