#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-16-2020, 04:28 PM   #71
1LEThumper

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Interesting on the oil usage on your 1LE. I have 25K miles now and have never had to add any oil. I get my oil changed whenever the oil life drops to 10% or below.

Granted, I don't track, but I don't baby my car on the street either.

The Shelby doesn't use a drop but I don't drive it a lot either. It might get 1100 miles a year? Got it for my daughter and I (her name is Shelby). It doesn't put a drop of oil in the catch cans and never has really used anything.

The Camaro is odd...it used 1/2 to 3/4 of a quart right after I got it, but hasn't done anything really since the first oil change at 1000 miles I think was when I did it. I put the catch can on around 300 miles and during normal daily driving it probably will put 6-8 oz of oil in there in 1000-1500 miles? Doesn't seem to be drinking it, but it does push some out. Didn't really do anything in the can on track. Oddly the Camaro does smoke some times on cold starts if it sat over the weekend so I don't know if they just have a little more clearance in the guides or what that is about. I'll just see it puff in the mirror. Doesn't do it during the week when I'm driving it every day.

Bought the car new, and was pretty much the first one to drive it other than the guy that took it off the trailer..so it wasn't used or sitting on the lot.

I miss my C6Z...that car was awesome. Needed better seats and I had a car before Bluetooth so I missed that....but for driving fun. Those cars are super hard to beat.
1LEThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:40 PM   #72
shogun37

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of doing a 6,000 rpm NLS, but I'm not doing that in traffic on the way to the store.
more's the pity. Revving a 60/70's big-inch V8 was pointless - they couldn't breath for anything anyway. But regularly visiting above 4000rpm is where it's at in this modern age. I keep the engine above 2500rpm at all times (except when stopped) anyway.
shogun37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:47 PM   #73
shogun37

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
They also have the garbage MT82 issues. I owned two, I know about those.
The '19+ are improved but it still needs a fluid change and replacing the shifter bracket to work properly. Ford *finally* bought a clue and is putting the TR3160 into the 2021 Mach1 series. About friggin' time you morons.

!he 1LE won the latest race at Road Atlanta but during the first hour the 2 Mustangs had it whipped and were driving really, really well. I guess the Camaro team to do more R&D.
shogun37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 07:14 PM   #74
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEThumper View Post
The Shelby doesn't use a drop but I don't drive it a lot either. It might get 1100 miles a year? Got it for my daughter and I (her name is Shelby). It doesn't put a drop of oil in the catch cans and never has really used anything.

The Camaro is odd...it used 1/2 to 3/4 of a quart right after I got it, but hasn't done anything really since the first oil change at 1000 miles I think was when I did it. I put the catch can on around 300 miles and during normal daily driving it probably will put 6-8 oz of oil in there in 1000-1500 miles? Doesn't seem to be drinking it, but it does push some out. Didn't really do anything in the can on track. Oddly the Camaro does smoke some times on cold starts if it sat over the weekend so I don't know if they just have a little more clearance in the guides or what that is about. I'll just see it puff in the mirror. Doesn't do it during the week when I'm driving it every day.

Bought the car new, and was pretty much the first one to drive it other than the guy that took it off the trailer..so it wasn't used or sitting on the lot.

I miss my C6Z...that car was awesome. Needed better seats and I had a car before Bluetooth so I missed that....but for driving fun. Those cars are super hard to beat.
Mine does the smoke at cold start up too, I can always see it because my car port has the sun's beam in the AM and it it very visible.

But I also have the Corsa Exhaust with 2nd cat delete, so not sure if that plays into it at all.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 07:41 PM   #75
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
I didn’t have any issues with my Gt350, but there are so many reported failures it made me nervous. I have owned lots of RX-7’s/rotary engines and the Voodoo reminds me of those. You need to check the oil frequently and especially before and after spirited drives and track days. I also didn’t go over 4K rpm until the engine was fully warmed up.

I give kudos to Ford for trying to make a special engine, I just don’t know if one off motors are the best for companies like Ford, GM, etc that have quality control issues.
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 07:50 PM   #76
1LEThumper

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun37 View Post
more's the pity. Revving a 60/70's big-inch V8 was pointless - they couldn't breath for anything anyway. But regularly visiting above 4000rpm is where it's at in this modern age. I keep the engine above 2500rpm at all times (except when stopped) anyway.
You do realize that a modern prostock engine is 500cid and turn north of 11,000 rpm right? Comparing anything from the 60’s and using that as an example is kind of pointless. Some of those big 800-900 cube mountain motors will do well north of 7000 rpm. Again, just depends on how it’s setup and designed to run.
1LEThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 12:26 PM   #77
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_junkie View Post
That's hands down the best sounding LT1 I've heard yet. Though other may disagree, it sounds better than the voodoo to my ears.
I’d actually say they’re both at the two extremes of what a modern V8 sounds like so it’s almost hard to compare the two in terms of which sounds better. I will say once you get above above 5K, the sound of the Voodoo is intoxicating.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R2GL6GlVuAM
seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote