Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-10-2020, 02:07 PM   #1
Rath
Lil_SS_Vert on Instagram!

Drives: 2018 2ss Camaro Redline Edition
Headers

Just got my Corsa extreme cat-back exhaust put on and was wondering what headers to pair them up with and why? Want to hear everyones opinions, I am not no race car driver or anything like that the car is stock with a roto fab I just want a little more loud!
Rath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 02:13 PM   #2
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rath View Post
Just got my Corsa extreme cat-back exhaust put on and was wondering what headers to pair them up with and why? Want to hear everyones opinions, I am not no race car driver or anything like that the car is stock with a roto fab I just want a little more loud!
I've always used kooks. You know you'll have to tune and it'll void the warranty right? If you just want sound without voiding the warranty, you can cut the secondary cats out. Just make sure a good welder does the job, if you have a leak it might throw a code.
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 03:38 PM   #3
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Drives: Camaro
TSP LTs are good for sound and performance. Need a tune though.
Altered Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 03:47 PM   #4
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Seems like an unpopular choice, but I know corsa made some 1 7/8 headers for 6th gen camaros.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 04:00 PM   #5
Rath
Lil_SS_Vert on Instagram!

Drives: 2018 2ss Camaro Redline Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR623 View Post
I've always used kooks. You know you'll have to tune and it'll void the warranty right? If you just want sound without voiding the warranty, you can cut the secondary cats out. Just make sure a good welder does the job, if you have a leak it might throw a code.
Yep im aware of the tune but yeah I wanna go kooks but I want to see it pair up with a corsa exhaust
Rath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 04:19 PM   #6
Flowtie1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
I just ordered ARH after my research. No doubt kooks makes a great header. Adding headers definitely should not void your warranty. The Maguson Moss Federal Warranty Act makes them prove what you added caused a failure. They cannot just void your warranty. I went thru it over gears and easily won when I reminded the service manager about that.
Flowtie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 05:13 PM   #7
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowtie1 View Post
I just ordered ARH after my research. No doubt kooks makes a great header. Adding headers definitely should not void your warranty. The Maguson Moss Federal Warranty Act makes them prove what you added caused a failure. They cannot just void your warranty. I went thru it over gears and easily won when I reminded the service manager about that.
It's not the headers that they will blame it will be the tune if he takes it in for any power train work which they will deny.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 05:49 PM   #8
Flowtie1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Once again they have to prove it caused the problem. They can't just void a warranty. If your tuning caused damage to your drivetrain they still have to warranty the ac etc. Just sharing my experience

Last edited by Flowtie1; 06-10-2020 at 06:00 PM.
Flowtie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 06:50 PM   #9
threetime
*PIMP*

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowtie1 View Post

You can sue for anything. problem is, the dealership has unlimited amounts funds to pay for lawsuits and the average Joe doesn't. It's called win by default.
threetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 07:22 PM   #10
BruceWayne1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE M6
Look up Malicious Prosecution and then tell me about how suing a big time vehicle manufacturer is going to be in your favor....
Old 06-10-2020, 07:37 PM   #11
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
To answer your question op Texas speed, Kooks, or ARH. 1 7/8 if staying bolt ons and stock cubes. 2in if going high boost or stoker motor. Me personally I went with Texas Speed 2in as I ended up going with one of their 427 shortblocks. The only thing I had to do was dimple one the drivers side primaries so the steering shaft wouldn't run other than that they slid right in.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 08:02 PM   #12
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
It's not the headers that they will blame it will be the tune if he takes it in for any power train work which they will deny.
Yep, tune it, and warranty is gone. The warranty covers the vehicle as it came from the factory, as it was designed and engineered and assembled.

The Magnusen Moss Act states that a manufacturer cannot force customers into buying a certain brand of replacement parts by voiding warranties. IOW, you don't have to buy AC/Delco air filters, oil filters, spark plugs, etc. As long as the replacements you buy meet the engineered specification.

The headers, by themselves may not void the warranty, as long as you don't tune the car. However, if you don't tune the car, you will get a check engine light. This happens because now the sensors are reading emissions that are outdside of the tolerance parameters programmed in the ECU. The ECU in the car is able to make minor adjustments to A/F ratio to a certain point.

Depending on the headers, it may change the A/F ratios to point of exceeding those tolerances. The ECU may not be able add enough fuel to compensate, or it may add too much. Either condition, over time, and not corrected can cause premature failure of the engine. Changing parameters in the ECU is the only way to correct this.

If warranty is important to you, and it may not be, but if it is, and all you want is louder, then take off the Corsa and just go with a complete muffler delete. Removing the secondary cats may give you a slight bump in volume, and as long as you don't have to touch the tune, you might be okay with powertrain warranty, but your emission warranty will in all likelihood be gone be gone.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote