Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-17-2020, 05:28 PM   #29
Noreplacement

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx9rmal View Post
You better call the dealer. You didn't get the top.
Super sized pano option.
😆
Noreplacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 09:35 AM   #30
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
But of course, 'cause you're riding her. I was just curious about "net weight" results.
You kidding me? If I rode it I'd be lucky to get it into the 10's.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 10:02 AM   #31
zx9rmal

I know you guys have heard this a million times, but what a machine! As much as I loved the 1LE, a truly 1st class high performance track capable car, the ZL1 is a woody on wheels. The interior is beautiful. For the life of me I can't understand how these magazine testers dump on the interior.

As a newbie, when I first starting driving the car it was immediately familiar because everything is laid out like the 1LE. But then I looked at the gauges and I wondered what the hell did they do to the volt meter? -15 to 0 to +15, and this funny icon above the numbers. When I saw the thing moving as I'm driving, it hit me. Oh, that icon is the scrolls!

Because I believe in an aggressive but CAREFUL break in, now that I'm at 200 miles, I'm taking it up to 4500 rpm and getting into the throttle a bit, as well as using engine compression braking.

So at a little more than half throttle, as I'm going through the gears, the pull is definitely stronger than the 1LE. But when I look at the boost gauge, it's only getting up to 0! I'm trying to imagine what this thing is like at full throttle, with that boost gauge up towards 15 lbs. Respect.

I didn't realize until I started researching the car before purchase that the transmission ratios are different. Closer ratios and a longer first gear. I had to adjust my driving just a bit to keep the rpm's where I like it. I wish the 1LE had that longer 1st gear because I felt that it wound out just a bit to soon.

I keep the suspension in track mode. The handling is superb, basically identical to the 1LE. Maybe, in very hard cornering you feel a very slight difference in front end push.

And that exhaust sound. Definitely different than the 1LE. Always in track mode.

The one thing I notice that I'm not thrilled about, which I also had in the 1LE, is intermittent chatter when engaging the clutch to roll out in 1st gear. Is this clutch chatter or related to the eLSD? Is this a characteristic of the car? I do not want the dealer screwing around with the car.

Well, I'll leave it at that. Hopefully, my little write up will bring you guys back to when you first got your ZL1.

Thanks for a good forum.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
Old 02-18-2020, 11:05 AM   #32
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
New ZL1 in house

Bought my Z October 14th of 2019, parked it November 2nd for winter. So it is still going to be a brand new toy for me in spring.

Quote:
I know you guys have heard this a million times, but what a machine! As much as I loved the 1LE, a truly 1st class high performance track capable car, the ZL1 is a woody on wheels. The interior is beautiful. For the life of me I can't understand how these magazine testers dump on the interior.

As a newbie, when I first starting driving the car it was immediately familiar because everything is laid out like the 1LE. But then I looked at the gauges and I wondered what the hell did they do to the volt meter? -15 to 0 to +15, and this funny icon above the numbers. When I saw the thing moving as I'm driving, it hit me. Oh, that icon is the scrolls!

Because I believe in an aggressive but CAREFUL break in, now that I'm at 200 miles, I'm taking it up to 4500 rpm and getting into the throttle a bit, as well as using engine compression braking.

So at a little more than half throttle, as I'm going through the gears, the pull is definitely stronger than the 1LE. But when I look at the boost gauge, it's only getting up to 0! I'm trying to imagine what this thing is like at full throttle, with that boost gauge up towards 15 lbs. Respect.

I didn't realize until I started researching the car before purchase that the transmission ratios are different. Closer ratios and a longer first gear. I had to adjust my driving just a bit to keep the rpm's where I like it. I wish the 1LE had that longer 1st gear because I felt that it wound out just a bit to soon.

I keep the suspension in track mode. The handling is superb, basically identical to the 1LE. Maybe, in very hard cornering you feel a very slight difference in front end push.

And that exhaust sound. Definitely different than the 1LE. Always in track mode.

The one thing I notice that I'm not thrilled about, which I also had in the 1LE, is intermittent chatter when engaging the clutch to roll out in 1st gear. Is this clutch chatter or related to the eLSD? Is this a characteristic of the car? I do not want the dealer screwing around with the car.

Well, I'll leave it at that. Hopefully, my little write up will bring you guys back to when you first got your ZL1.

Thanks for a good forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2020, 12:40 PM   #33
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:

Thanks for a good forum.
That clutch BS is why I sold my 17M6 and bought my 18A10. Wait until you try to launch the car after you are broken in.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:27 AM   #34
zx9rmal

Quote:
I don't think I've seen anyone comment on this in my previous post. Anyone?

Also, I'm not that familiar with LT4. I'll be doing a first oil change at 1,000 miles and tranny and diff at around 1,500. Is this reasonable or should I go sooner?

And finally, I have an iPhone 8+. It doesn't fit on the charging pad. Am I missing something or did the factory only intend it to work with small phones?

Thanks.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
Old 02-19-2020, 12:24 PM   #35
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Can't speak to clutch chatter, but in my experience any clutch chatter is bad.

I did by first oil change at 1000. After reading the crate engine breakin guide I would do at 500 if I bought another.

Yes small phones only on the charge pad. Even then it doesn't allow android auto or carplay to work unless wired up, so it's basically worthless except perhaps for a passenger.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 12:33 PM   #36
zx9rmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Can't speak to clutch chatter, but in my experience any clutch chatter is bad.
My feeling as well, but since my 1LE also did it, I'm wondering if it's some intermittent characteristic of the clutch. Isn't it a dual disc?
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
Old 02-22-2020, 09:39 AM   #37
zx9rmal

Couldn’t find it in the manual. What is the button with the car symbol to the left of the heated steering wheel button?

Thanks.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
Old 02-22-2020, 10:52 AM   #38
ZL1 affair

Drives: 1of 66 Orange Crush 2020 ZL1’s
Quote:
Couldn’t find it in the manual. What is the button with the car symbol to the left of the heated steering wheel button?

Thanks.
It controls the Forward Collision Alert (FCA) System. Information starts on pg208 of the 2020 owners manual. It would seem they forgot to show it in the owners manual.
Old 02-22-2020, 11:01 AM   #39
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Congrats.

I would do my first oil change at 500 miles.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 11:39 AM   #40
zx9rmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 affair View Post
It controls the Forward Collision Alert (FCA) System. Information starts on pg208 of the 2020 owners manual. It would seem they forgot to show it in the owners manual.
Thanks.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
Old 02-22-2020, 11:40 AM   #41
zx9rmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
Congrats.

I would do my first oil change at 500 miles.
Yes sir. And diff and tranny at 1500.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R