Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 10-10-2019, 10:59 PM   #1
Bains

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6T
MBRP Exhaust

Anyone have the MBRP axle-back system on their 3.6? Can't find any good videos on youtube for it. If anyone can take some videos of theirs and send them to me, that would be great. Looking to upgrade from NPP and want to make sure I make the right decision.
Bains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:53 AM   #2
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
I have the MBRP, I installed it on my 2016 1LT, M6. I did not have the NPP so the exhaust was very quiet- too quiet for my taste. I also had a loud rattle in the exhaust at start up, which I suspected was in the stock exhaust- like a loose baffle or something- but I was not sure. So I ordered an installed the MBRP. I got the SST system and it was pretty easy to install. I love the looks of it especially with the nice 4" tips. And it fits very nicely and centered in the outlets with lots of adjustment.

The sound is good- very deep and throaty at start up and low RPM. At the higher RPM's the best way I can describe it is the V6 howls. I love the sound of it- especially over stock. I feel that I gained a little power too- better throttle response at low RPM's. And my exhaust rattle is gone. The only draw back is at around 1800 RPM there is a slight drone- it is only at 1800-1900 RPM, not before or after. But even with the drone at only that one spot it sounds real good on the V6. I did find a video of it on You Tube and it really does sound like that. Just search MBRP Axle Back exhaust sound clip and you should find it.
Old 10-12-2019, 03:59 AM   #3
thecamaroproject246

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro RS
Here's a link to a cold start of my MBRP exhaust installed on my car. I don't have the stock resonators tho I swapped them for the magna flow resonated x pipe so the sound might be a little different than others, but take it as you will.

https://youtu.be/88huzJScHzY

Like the previous posts says great tone and sound throughout the rpm range. But it will drone a little for me too around 2200-2300ish RPM for me. Especially when I start to pick up a little bit on the highways. I drive an auto so cruising speeds at 1900 RPM the drone goes away, but if you're someone who listens to music at a decent volume you won't really notice it.
thecamaroproject246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 06:41 PM   #4
versionx

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LT 3.6 v6
I wish I can answer your question. There's a few videos out there FWIW. I'm looking to upgrade mine as well to this one below...

https://www.phastekperformance.com/M...6-s7038blk.htm

I will definitely make vids on this once I do get it which will probably be in a couple of months.
versionx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 05:50 PM   #5
versionx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bains View Post
Anyone have the MBRP axle-back system on their 3.6? Can't find any good videos on youtube for it. If anyone can take some videos of theirs and send them to me, that would be great. Looking to upgrade from NPP and want to make sure I make the right decision.
Did you make the purchase by chance? I'm still on the fence as to which exhaust to buy. I want the best (or meanest) sounding possible
Old 10-21-2019, 08:23 PM   #6
Bains

Quote:
Originally Posted by versionx View Post
Did you make the purchase by chance? I'm still on the fence as to which exhaust to buy. I want the best (or meanest) sounding possible
Decided im going with Borla Atak over it!
Old 10-21-2019, 09:44 PM   #7
SoulCyphyr71

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro RS
Quote:
Nice. I made the same choice and couldn't be happier. Lovin' the Borla!
SoulCyphyr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:15 PM   #8
versionx

Quote:
Sweet. Would you be able to post a stock vs borla vid? I was thinking of borla as well but it's a bit pricier than the mbrp
Old 10-27-2019, 10:32 PM   #9
Bains

Yeah, ill record some clips vs stock as soon as I get the borla!