Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2019 Camaro Fest (IX)

Phastek Performance

Old 07-16-2019, 07:58 PM   #183
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Hell, you have to at least look under the hoods to have a chance of knowing if people are even being put in the right classes. At tech they only looked to make sure I had tires. Never looked under the hood at all. Not sure how true that was for others. I teched in when they were not busy. Start with that. Then maybe a little more thought into figuring out how to have fair rules to group cars into competitive classes. 5th Gen V6ers arrived knowing we did not have a chance the way the rules were set. Overall I agree drag racing ran much smoother this year & there were improvements overall in the set-up. Always room for more improvement & as newer Camaros come out...………..more changes will be needed.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:18 PM   #184
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Hell, you have to at least look under the hoods to have a chance of knowing if people are even being put in the right classes. At tech they only looked to make sure I had tires. Never looked under the hood at all. Not sure how true that was for others. I teched in when they were not busy. Start with that. Then maybe a little more thought into figuring out how to have fair rules to group cars into competitive classes. 5th Gen V6ers arrived knowing we did not have a chance the way the rules were set. Overall I agree drag racing ran much smoother this year & there were improvements overall in the set-up. Always room for more improvement & as newer Camaros come out...………..more changes will be needed.
Maybe they need some knowledgeable eyes at tech I'd be happy to volunteer for helping with V6 and I4 Tech Inspection. I've had both cars in one generation or another and know a vast majority of what to look for.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 10:12 AM   #185
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

So when are we getting posted results?

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 07-17-2019, 10:25 AM   #186
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
So when are we getting posted results?
Soon... I just got home and not even un-packed yet. Hope to scan and post them too night.
Old 07-17-2019, 03:09 PM   #187
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drag Results are now posted. (See Post #2)

Name:  Finals.JPG
Views: 540
Size:  154.1 KB
Old 07-17-2019, 03:17 PM   #188
ZZP_Tyler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Congrats to Will and Courtney for coming 1 and 2 in the V6/i4 class! Curious why I never made the eliminations/qualifier list as I was making low 13 passes all Friday morning. I was off having fun at AutoX so I didn't pay too much attention to the loud speakers.

Old 07-17-2019, 05:35 PM   #189
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Friday was not the best day in general for drag racing. It seemed like every other pass they were cleaning the track or something went wrong. Not to mention waiting in the car to make a pass. The worst for me was the tech area, no one really had any idea what was going on, it was basically pick a class then sign and go. I was waiting for the person in front of me to leave tech area so I can move up and sign. My girl showed my card to the staff and next thing I knew I had the staff guys yelling at me to get out and sign the form like I’m being rushed. And they didn’t stop until I got out and all I was doing was waiting for the person in front of me to leave. That right there really steered me away from racing and felt like nothing was organized properly this year. Then the car show being where it was caused a little congestion but the biggest issue were trailers parked anywhere making hard to see where the cars are coming from.

Although I enjoyed this year, it was not well organized as to prior fests. Hopefully next year will be better and learn from this year.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:21 PM   #190
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Man did I screw up by not reading the Class rules. I entered Unlimited and should have been in Super mod, but since I evidently can't read and missed that I could have run my 17" drag pack where last year it was 18". My 9.77 would have been right in the mix. Oh well next year I'll read the class rules. Dumb ass.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:38 PM   #191
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
Friday was not the best day in general for drag racing. It seemed like every other pass they were cleaning the track or something went wrong. Not to mention waiting in the car to make a pass. The worst for me was the tech area, no one really had any idea what was going on, it was basically pick a class then sign and go. I was waiting for the person in front of me to leave tech area so I can move up and sign. My girl showed my card to the staff and next thing I knew I had the staff guys yelling at me to get out and sign the form like I’m being rushed. And they didn’t stop until I got out and all I was doing was waiting for the person in front of me to leave. That right there really steered me away from racing and felt like nothing was organized properly this year. Then the car show being where it was caused a little congestion but the biggest issue were trailers parked anywhere making hard to see where the cars are coming from.

Although I enjoyed this year, it was not well organized as to prior fests. Hopefully next year will be better and learn from this year.
Track prep is a good thing. Cars also break and no one can predict that.

Car show was completely tucked away from traffic.

Merc and Stanley do tech for us every year and they know the drill so not sure why they would yell at you. Sorry about that. We made some great changes to tech this year which totally eliminated the super long lines we had a year ago. Each year we try to improve things and will continue to focus on tech.

Will also have a drag race meeting on Friday so new folks know what to expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
Man did I screw up by not reading the Class rules. I entered Unlimited and should have been in Super mod, but since I evidently can't read and missed that I could have run my 17" drag pack where last year it was 18". My 9.77 would have been right in the mix. Oh well next year I'll read the class rules. Dumb ass.

Yeah, that change was made immediately after last year. Cars are getting faster each year so the wheel diameter dropped to 15 for the Unlimited / Super Mod class split.

Good seeing you again this year.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:27 PM   #192
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Nah mlee merc and stanley do a good job but you need more tech people to help. Perhaps grab someone to do V6 and I4 tech who have owned the cars so they know what to look for. I think moving heavily modded I4s to V6 Unlimited might be a good decision as well.

Old 07-17-2019, 09:04 PM   #193
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
I had a great time this year again.
This is a fun event, and if if people get too serious about it, the fun will go away.
If someone beats you that should be in another class, bring attention to it at the track. If they beat you because they have a faster car, hats off to them, come back next year faster.
When you sign up you should have an idea of what class you would be in, it's pretty straight forward. We should be able to trust everyone that nobody is trying to cheat.
We are racing for fun.
Already looking forward to next year!!!
Old 07-18-2019, 05:46 AM   #194
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Nah mlee merc and stanley do a good job but you need more tech people to help. Perhaps grab someone to do V6 and I4 tech who have owned the cars so they know what to look for. I think moving heavily modded I4s to V6 Unlimited might be a good decision as well.
Tech did move faster and was great to see that. I had a great time, but there were a few 'misses' in the tech area. But I want to remind everyone that this is competitive-fun. No one is walking away with big money, just bragging rights.

If you had fun racing, then you had a great day/weekend.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:24 AM   #195
racergirl

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS A6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Tech did move faster and was great to see that. I had a great time, but there were a few 'misses' in the tech area. But I want to remind everyone that this is competitive-fun. No one is walking away with big money, just bragging rights.

If you had fun racing, then you had a great day/weekend.
^^ this. Like hank said, I think some people might have been mis-classed. Still don’t know how a car with a cam got in with bolt-ons...

Same with looking at the drag racing results for the bolt on class.. the top guy with a 10 second pass at 137..? Idk. I’m not doubting that because it’s been done, but in this heat

Former Camaro: 2013 2LS
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77 With Bolt-Ons: 13.646@101.60
With 75 shot and Bolt-Ons: 12.587@111.25
Performance Mods: CAI Intake, MRT V2, SLP Underdrive Pulley, DRs, Skinnies, Rear seat delete
racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 12:13 PM   #196
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by racergirl View Post
^^ this. Like hank said, I think some people might have been mis-classed. Still don’t know how a car with a cam got in with bolt-ons...

Same with looking at the drag racing results for the bolt on class.. the top guy with a 10 second pass at 137..? Idk. I’m not doubting that because it’s been done, but in this heat
Heat affects the supercharged cars. The top 3 were in the 10's and totally legit. We had the fastest field ever this year.

Quote:
With a total of 7 V6 and I4 cars I don't think we need a dedicated person for that. Next year this will be just one class and unlimited.