Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-09-2019, 09:48 PM   #43
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
I gave up and finally ordered some Reset for a absolutely nothing left behind wash for coating. Went over the Mazda twice with citrus wash clear and a small spot on the lower door was sheeting. The matching detail spray brought it back but wondering if the CWC was not cleaning enough or the dye or scent had something to do with it. Was going to order hyper wash but seen a few different people say that have seen a difference in coating behavior using hyper wash and then immediately following with reset, it seems to be stronger and rinse better. I'll just use reset periodically to check up on it. From what I've seen if you wash a spot twice with reset and beading is still gone, you know it's diminished. Too facing surfaces still bead extremely well.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:03 PM   #44
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Lol. Hit it with purple power boat & vehicle wash (NOT the degreaser). Mine goes flat within 1-2 washes (depending on how recently the megs hcw was applied).

After all the road grime / traffic film on my garaged Honda, I dont use pH neutral soaps all the time. And especially not if a fresh coat of wax or sealant is going to applied soon.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:48 PM   #45
MANNAXMAN

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary H View Post
Have you guys got access to Gyeon Wet Coat? I hated it on bodywork because however strictly I followed the instructions, I would always get spot marks on the bodywork, HOWEVER on wheels they're a revelation: spray on, power wash immediately and not only do they add shine ( if you have gloss wheels!) but the repellant properties are awesome.
I've had similar results with Gyeon Wet Coat, on both bodywork and wheels. I have even tried misting the bodywork/wheels to ensure they are wet as wet as possible. However, as soon as I spray on the Wet Coat, it disperses the water and I still get spotting. The spotting shows up more on my black wheels than on my Summit White paint.
1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (2009-Present)
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Follow me on Instagram - @gen6_2ss_vert
MANNAXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:05 PM   #46
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Long story short; My Z was bayed for over 4 months during a vicious Lansing winter. Truck delivery took longer that usual to San Diego because of multiple break downs. That delayed ship delivery. Ship had mechanical issues so car was offloaded in Honolulu for a week, then loaded on next available roll on-roll off. Built 01/28, delivered 05/31 with a do not wash order.

Paint and glass were atrocious! Especially for a $70K car. At that time, I did a complete paint and glass correction (as well as an aluminum deoxidation of the undercarriage and engine bay, perhaps a story for another time). I was pleased with the initial results but likely because of my excitement to actually drive this car, it wasn't perfect.

Spent about 16-18 hours this weekend trying to finish the work that I started a year ago. I'm much too busy to do dedicate a correct amount of time to PROPER detail, so I took a staycation to rub on my Z and take as many items as possible off of the honey do list.

I really took my time and was extremely meticulous with great attention to detail.
Strip wash.
Medium clay bar.
Optical grade polish. (paint was still slightly spotted/stained but mostly corrected from initial detailing last year).
Polymer sealant.
Polymer wax.

Car looks amazing! I was not certain that I would ever see her finish in "show quality" condition. I am so stoked at the results...She is one serious hottie and athlete.

Any way, sorry for being so long winded, but that's what I did last weekend.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/attac...1&d=1560224167
Attached Images

Last edited by waterman; 06-10-2019 at 10:37 PM. Reason: added pic
waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:08 PM   #47
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyeSS View Post
Ordered some new stuff. New backing plate for my GG6, and bought a very low priced long throw from China, that people are starting to test, and some are saying is close to the Boss G15 and Rupes(person that said it says they have had them) and has strong stall resistance(second to buy it) Hopefully be here next week.
Reference if anyone else is interested.
https://www.autopia.org/forums/car-d...a-premium.html

On another note, it seems CG Extreme body wash and wax really sticks to Meguiar's HCW, it sheets Kore than beads it's harder to dry with forced air. After a strong rain it looked like typical HCW again. I want to try citrus clear for s few successive washes to compare but the flooding damaged the water plant and we are in a conservation status
I ordered the Chechnya Tools CheChing S21 da polisher from HongKong. $92 plus $35 shipping. So far so good. It definitely works. Feels solid. Works smoothly. I think the backing plate should be changed out. It gets hot quickly. It melted 2 cheapo pads I tried. Did not melt the quality pads. It has a Makita PO5000C style backing plate. You can get one in 5" or 6" on Amazon.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:35 PM   #48
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Been busy with this one

Everything is coated with Adams ceramic (paint, trim and wheels). Photo is before coating but best one I have on my iPad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:15 PM   #49
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Give us a review of that DHydrate towel once you try it out!

Carpro is unveiling something this week, from the blurry picture looks like an update Cquartz.

Have used the towel several times now.
Best drying towel I have ever used.
Simply lay it on the paint, drag it across holding the two ends closest to you, and it gets all the water, no streaks, and it has almost no friction as well.
Fibers will not pull out when you go over badges.

Here's a good review someone did on You tube of it showing it in action.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:34 PM   #50
SnakeEyeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
I ordered the Chechnya Tools CheChing S21 da polisher from HongKong. $92 plus $35 shipping. So far so good. It definitely works. Feels solid. Works smoothly. I think the backing plate should be changed out. It gets hot quickly. It melted 2 cheapo pads I tried. Did not melt the quality pads. It has a Makita PO5000C style backing plate. You can get one in 5" or 6" on Amazon.
I bought a nanoskin 5", but haven't had a chance to use the polisher yet, changed the grease to Lucan Red N Tacky but wondered if the stock blue grease was that bad. Might try it tomorrow, I wonder if a washer/spacer would help airflow any, but there wouldn't be much left for the pad to attach. I custom cut a washer with a Dremel, and it felt secure enough, but not sure I wasn't to risk it yet.

There is an old Jetta TDI for a few thousand and with a fresh timing belt but rough black paint nearby, maybe I'll go pick it up tomorrow so I can't really test out the polisher.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:05 AM   #51
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
Simply lay it on the paint, drag it across holding the two ends closest to you, and it gets all the water, no streaks, and it has almost no friction as well.

Thanks! Great to hear, might have to try one.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:26 PM   #52
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Thanks! Great to hear, might have to try one.
I'm sure you will like it.

When I say best I've ever used, I'm comparing this to Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy (I have all 3 sizes), Microfiber Madness Wave Rider, Autogeek Big Blue, Chemical Guys Wolly Mammoth, Griots Garage PMF, Rag company Everest Avalanche, Everest 800 and 1100, premium waffle weave, Microfiber Tech Motherfluffer, Adams Super Plush…..and I'm sure a few others I can't remember.

My problem now is what do I do with all these other towels?

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:30 PM   #53
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:

Great towel I used this and a dry me a river towel and the d hydrate is so much better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 12:05 PM   #54
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:

When I say best I've ever used, I'm comparing this to Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy (I have all 3 sizes), Microfiber Madness Wave Rider, Autogeek Big Blue, Chemical Guys Wolly Mammoth, Griots Garage PMF, Rag company Everest Avalanche, Everest 800 and 1100, premium waffle weave, Microfiber Tech Motherfluffer, Adams Super Plush…..and I'm sure a few others I can't remember.

LOL...I am starting to rack up quite a few myself.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:15 PM   #55
SnakeEyeSS

Quote:

It looks similar to the (also twisted loop) the korean The Twistress by Rag Company. I got a few double Twistress recently, good stuff, same construction as the PFM and D Hydrate.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:07 AM   #56
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyeSS View Post
It looks similar to the (also twisted loop) the korean The Twistress by Rag Company. I got a few double Twistress recently, good stuff, same construction as the PFM and D Hydrate.
The twistress and dry me a river are 70/30. The CarPro dhydrate is only 80/20.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote