Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-12-2019, 06:11 AM   #29
Level300

Drives: 2015 Black rs/ss/1le
Head on over to Tesla.com and check out the future. They are amazing cars. They will come to you when summoned, they will drive themselves and the human/machine interface is amazing with a little humor thrown in. I like this type of change but I love my gas guzzling Camaro 6.2l.

Zed was right on the money. Throw in a curve or many, and you’ll beat them. Don’t worry about the Tesla, it’s just different but it will never be the total package like the camaro is. If a Tesla wants to race you do a distance race like 400 miles or take them to a road track. You’ll smoke them every time.

That said if you commute a lot check them out. Prices have come down and the range has gone up. I don’t own one but they sure have piqued my interest.
Level300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:12 AM   #30
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Level300 View Post
Head on over to Tesla.com and check out the future. They are amazing cars. They will come to you when summoned, they will drive themselves and the human/machine interface is amazing with a little humor thrown in. I like this type of change but I love my gas guzzling Camaro 6.2l.

Zed was right on the money. Throw in a curve or many, and you’ll beat them. Don’t worry about the Tesla, it’s just different but it will never be the total package like the camaro is. If a Tesla wants to race you do a distance race like 400 miles or take them to a road track. You’ll smoke them every time.

That said if you commute a lot check them out. Prices have come down and the range has gone up. I don’t own one but they sure have piqued my interest.
It sounds like a lot of back peddling to rationalize a 6.2L V8 purchase.

When the V6 guys do this in regards to better fuel economy or value for the money, they get crucified.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:22 AM   #31
wasthatacop?

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by weSS1LEy View Post
I’ve had some Teslas try to race me and they are fast off the line. How much power would a camaro need to beat them? I’m at 550 but I still don’t have the confidence to get into it with one.
I've found that I can beat a Model S P75 and P65, but I dont stand a chance at any of the P85 and up.
ZL1 factory rims
misc: drilled and slotted rotors, fresh air brake cooling system, new speakers, installed reverse camera, muffler delete
wasthatacop? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:10 AM   #32
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I saw an e-Copo at SEMA last year. Fast without IC engine noise just doesn’t seem right. : /
Old 06-12-2019, 09:24 AM   #33
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
I saw an e-Copo at SEMA last year. Fast without IC engine noise just doesn’t seem right. : /
I drove a Tesla recently (the expensive version) and it was certainly a strange experience. Sling shot acceleration but no engine noise (obviously). All you could hear were the rocks on the road being kicked up into the wheel wells.lol!
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:31 AM   #34
Panda1LE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE (6spd)
just had a, what looked like an 18 yr old kid, try to race me in a Tesla Model S. I didn't do it because I had my 11 yr old in the passenger seat but I knew he would win either way. He took off of course when the light turned green and rocketed forward. At least he wasn't a d bag about it. He actually complimented my car and then politely asked if I would like to do a quick run and test it out. I politely declined and that was that. Now I wonder if that is his car or his parents.

CAI intake, Stainless Power LTH, SCT X4, NPP exhaust
Panda1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:32 AM   #35
Moto-Mojo

I wonder what people like Mario Andretti, John Force and even Shirley Muldowney might say about quiet speed? I have to believe the rumble and roar is part of their DNA.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:03 AM   #36
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
I wonder what people like Mario Andretti, John Force and even Shirley Muldowney might say about quiet speed? I have to believe the rumble and roar is part of their DNA.
Here’s what Mario thinks:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...ars-louder.amp

I got a laugh out of this a few weeks ago.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:21 AM   #37
Moto-Mojo

That is freaking hilarious!
Old 06-12-2019, 02:19 PM   #38
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
You should be able to past him coming out of turn 1 as he careens off into the tire barrier.
Not this one.
https://youtu.be/53WrZqIc4aw
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 03:05 PM   #39
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayblueSS View Post
It's a simulator/video game
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:54 PM   #40
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
It's a simulator/video game
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:40 AM   #41
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Quote:
John Force and Shirley Muldowney are probably deaf at this point.
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:30 PM   #42
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Just stop, have some lunch and wave to them while they are at the charging station.