Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-04-2019, 09:46 PM   #15
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
You are going to love the D166. M110 and 210 are good too. They finish like oil, no dusting.

I worked today at a dealership doing contract work cleaning trade ins.
Used D166 with Meguiar's cutting and polishing pad. Got nearly all out on that spot, and was going to try one of the stronger ones but realized it was already better than the rest of the car, which is in really good shape anyway, so there was no point. Also came off the plastic trim very easily with an ISP wipe.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:15 PM   #16
SnakeEyeSS

Bought some new stuff, including Technician's Choice Ceramic Coating, and a gallon of their maintenance spray. $50 for everything, and another member has said his is doing well and he is over the year mark. So if I have to reapply every 18 months, that is dirt cheap (59ml bottle). They also sold Nasiol NL272 which is supposed to last 5 years. 50ml for $169. He said the Nasiol is better because it has a hardness (H) rating.

The shop claimed he tried it in shop and he hit the hood with a knife on the coated side and uncoated side. Coated side: paint chipped, uncoated side: dented.

What I took away was: don't hit your hood with a knife. Or let a salesman with a knife near your car.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:55 PM   #17
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Love bug season 2019 has arrived

Reaffirmed my trust in Turtle wax bug and tar remover.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:15 AM   #18
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Yesterday wiped my truck down and cleaned the wheel wells. Have a potential buyer coming to look at it today

Ryan B.
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:37 PM   #19
SnakeEyeSS

I tested a new towel out today with some last touch. The 16x24 towel was from a local supplier, and cost $3.50 for a single towel. It is extremely similar to my TRC Eagle Edgeless 500. I'm not sure it's the same towel, because the edgeless "edge" is more noticeable than the one from TRC, as in you can see where the cut is made is you hold back the fibers, but it could just be this particular one. If It is the same towel I wouldn't be surprised, except for the price, which is cheaper than the huge bulk case rate from TRC. And this places sells 12 for $36 also.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:18 AM   #20
karmatourer
STD free

Drives: 2018 Bright Yellow LGX M6 RS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Reaffirmed my trust in Turtle wax bug and tar remover.
Worst it's been here since I moved back in 2011.
karmatourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 04:36 AM   #21
Gunkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmatourer View Post
Worst it's been here since I moved back in 2011.
Haha people say that every year, just like every pollen season is the worst one ever. Actually around here the rains have started 3 weeks early so it has kept them down a bit.

For those outside the southeast who have no idea what love bugs do to a car, here's a fun read w/pictures:
https://www.tampabay.com/florida/201...is-in-florida/
Old 05-11-2019, 03:57 PM   #22
groove93

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro 1LT RS
Since I purchased a bottle of Auto Fanatic's 007 Gloss Enhancer, my car has been very easy to clean regarding the Pollen.

It's Love Bug Season, and I'm already seeing many pictures of cars full of bug guts all over Instagram. Here in Southeast GA, it's not bad, for I haven't encountered any swarms of bugs (yet).
groove93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:00 PM   #23
SnakeEyeSS

Started correction on my Mazda. It has over 44k miles, and still looks great, so wasn't expecting much. But wow up close, shining a bright light in it is like a a mirror. It's a perfect reflection(besides orange peel of course), while on the untouched part the beam has a slight haze/refraction to it. No one would think the paint has a haze by looking at this car(the paint has never been unprotected since I bought it new, and this is the older Soul red)but apparently it is. So far taped up all the plastic trim (CX5 so there was a lot), nanoskin on the PPF, and have done the fenders and half a door with M205 and a Uro Fiber "Oreo" pad (as some call it, it's the multi use one). It's a great pad. It feels like it is staying a LOT cooler than my foam pad, but then again I just drilled 6 holes in my DAs backing plated before I started. I think I'll finish the doors on one side and call it a day.

Last edited by SnakeEyeSS; 05-12-2019 at 01:45 AM.
SnakeEyeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:10 PM   #24
SnakeEyeSS

Finished with paint (7 1/2 hours!) Looks pretty good. Haven't done the trim yet though.

I kept thinking, I went through all this and I'm using the cheapest coating maybe I'll do the Camaro next.

Old 05-12-2019, 08:00 PM   #25
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Threw some dawn in a bucket and used my old wash mitt I used last year for my tires.
Gave the car a quick wash and wipe down with a couple towels.
Looked great. Took 10 minutes.

Will do some synthetic clay sponge next weekend and some polishing if I have the time.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:54 PM   #26
SnakeEyeSS

Finished the trim yesterday. All in I spent 9.5 hours on that Mazda, but it literally looks better than when we bought it new.

Washed all three cars today. Kinda funny, as a neighbor was leaving in the morning when I was washing Honda. I later took the Camaro to get some more of the cheap Ultra Plush Towels I found locally, and washed it when I returned, and as I was, the neighbor returned home. 2 hours later my wife got home and I started washing the Mazda, and I'm about half way through when I noticed my neighbor in her driveway.

Probably thinks I'm insane.
Old 05-15-2019, 05:52 AM   #27
Gunkk

...but you will always have friends here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyeSS View Post
Definitely thinks I'm insane.
Fixed it for you
Old 05-31-2019, 09:30 AM   #28
SnakeEyeSS

Ordered some new stuff. New backing plate for my GG6, and bought a very low priced long throw from China, that people are starting to test, and some are saying is close to the Boss G15 and Rupes(person that said it says they have had them) and has strong stall resistance(second to buy it) Hopefully be here next week.
Reference if anyone else is interested.
https://www.autopia.org/forums/car-d...a-premium.html

On another note, it seems CG Extreme body wash and wax really sticks to Meguiar's HCW, it sheets Kore than beads it's harder to dry with forced air. After a strong rain it looked like typical HCW again. I want to try citrus clear for s few successive washes to compare but the flooding damaged the water plant and we are in a conservation status

Last edited by SnakeEyeSS; 05-31-2019 at 09:48 AM.
SnakeEyeSS is offline   Reply With Quote