Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-11-2019, 06:24 PM   #15
18ss376

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Hydraulic fluid isn't that consumable.. and your jack to make the kwik jack work for all 4 corners uses that too.

Electricity can be provided by the vehicle being lifted (that's how I do it).

Quick jack is also FAR more portable.
You couldn't pay me enough to get under that flimsy thing.

Plus my ProJacks are way more portable than anything on here.
https://www.projackent.com/
18ss376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:12 PM   #16
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Have you actually watched video of quickjack being tested.. its not made by fly-by-night company, there real engineering into it, testing, etc.

Much like its vertical lift twins, there is mechanical lock as it goes up, unless you bypass the lock, it will not go back down.

QuickJack IMHO is safer than Projack which has no safety UNTIL it at its highest lift point.. yeah.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:03 PM   #17
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
For $60 - built a set of cribs out of 2x4's that are 12" high or so. Bought one of those magnetic pinch weld blocks off eBay, and had a jack that lifts 26". They are solid as a brick and can be easily moved by hand. (one at a time)

Not as fancy, but in 10 minutes I can have the car up off the ground, wheels off (sitting on old school jack stands that are very sturdy) and ready to work. Put my supercharger and Alky control kit on over the winter using this configuration and it made things like working on the exhaust, running wiring for the wideband, etc... WAY better than squatting all the time
Old 02-12-2019, 08:08 AM   #18
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18ss376 View Post
You couldn't pay me enough to get under that flimsy thing.

Plus my ProJacks are way more portable than anything on here.
https://www.projackent.com/
I get it, I don't really like working under anything that's not a 2 post properly anchored in proper concrete, but that's not practical to travel with

I've had no issues with the QJ. No one that I know of has had issues. They are made by Bendpak. Misuse CAN probably cause issues, but that's true with basically every tool ever made.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 03:51 PM   #19
13BlackCamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18ss376 View Post
Yup, love my Kwik-Lift, I'm 15 min. from there store.
Ya I have look at all the lifts I can fit in my garage and I still think the Qwik-Lift is still the best overall option for the $ and yes you can take the wheels off which is nice but that's not the real purpose for me. Which package did you get and have you found any flaws or cons with it?

2016 2SS, NPP, Adrenaline Red Leather and Pads, 6sp, Sunroof, Black Bowties, Upgraded Wheels, 15% Tint, Kooks Headers, MBRP Exhaust, 1LE Wheels, Badging, Ported Throttle Body, Procharged, Snow Performance Stage 2 Meth Kit

Coming Soon: Custom Cam, E85, Ported Heads
13BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote