Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-05-2018, 07:32 PM   #15
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
I have noticed the corvette/camaro resale is pretty tough on the first couple years. The gt350 will allow you to make minimum payments and get out from under it without being upside down, but after having one i realized i give zero fawks and will drive this camaro for a long while. Hopefully at some point the depreciation/value will level off and I won’t have to cough up a bunch of cash
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:26 PM   #16
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revalot View Post
Good news to me about the ZL1 1LE, I want a new hyper blue one, but my earliest purchase time frame will be this time next year, and I plan on never selling. So a 50-55 K would be great for one with 1500 or less miles, CCW you did well on the GT350 R, ! I'm scared of buying a used car just because of what a previous owner might have done, a new 60-62K new is fine with me also. No comment on which will last better /Quality ford or a chevy !
You may be waiting a bit longer than a year to get those prices...

1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:40 AM   #17
Revalot

Drives: ZL1/1LE parts added
Location: Somewhere around Texas pines tress and smooth asphalt
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hprush View Post

Ok !
Revalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:56 AM   #18
Markoz28

Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
I bought my 2018 ZL1 used with 450 miles for 58K earlier this year. So far I have 5k miles on her and love it. There are deals out there and I am a huge fan of buying used. I prefer buying a car with low miles toward the end of winter as they seem to not have been driven hard due to snow/ice/rain. Plus the miles will be low and I can pick one up on the cheap side. Plan on keeping mine until the 2nd year of the next model. I will buy around the same time and it will be used with low miles.

PS. If you are afraid of used due to previous driver abuse, do not buy from Houston owners. Those guys use their cars and beat on them pretty good. lol!
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:19 PM   #19
rfopt

Drives: 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccw View Post
On the other hand, check this out... Back in 2016 I bought a GT350-R. I took it to track and generally just drove the piss out of that car for an entire year. Two weeks before the registration came due I sold the car for MORE than I paid for it. Try to do that with a Chevy.
What are your subjective thoughts regarding the GT350R's handling, and general steering and chassis feel compared to the ZL1 1LE? Does one car feel noticeably lighter or heavier than the other or is the difference negligible?
rfopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:21 PM   #20
ccw

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfopt View Post
What are your subjective thoughts regarding the GT350R's handling, and general steering and chassis feel compared to the ZL1 1LE? Does one car feel noticeably lighter or heavier than the other or is the difference negligible?
I don't want to derail this thread, so let's start a new one if there's any follow up questions/comments as I know others would be interested in this topic.

But suffice to say the GT350R felt slightly more nimble but it tramlined much more than the ZL1 1LE. IMO, both are well balanced cars. GT350R has a fantastic exhaust note, but the ZL1 1LE has incredible low end torque. Stock to stock I think the ZL1 1LE is a much more capable car not just in speed around a track or canyon but just in comfort/features overall -- heated/cooled seats, more comfortable seats, heads up display, rev match, etc.
ccw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:29 PM   #21
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccw View Post
I don't want to derail this thread, so let's start a new one if there's any follow up questions/comments as I know others would be interested in this topic.

But suffice to say the GT350R felt slightly more nimble but it tramlined much more than the ZL1 1LE. IMO, both are well balanced cars. GT350R has a fantastic exhaust note, but the ZL1 1LE has incredible low end torque. Stock to stock I think the ZL1 1LE is a much more capable car not just in speed around a track or canyon but just in comfort/features overall -- heated/cooled seats, more comfortable seats, heads up display, rev match, etc.
i could not agree more(had a regular 350, not an R though). the lack of tramlining was the first thing i noticed, after the abundance of torque, on my drive home. the zl1 comes with so much more stuff for the money, i truly don’t understand how these drop in value so much faster than the mustang equivalent.

i will say though you may end up not as far off as one might think when comparing resale, as sticker for my 350 was considered a steal when i bought it, and many people paid 10-30k over for an R. i just got 8k off my 2018 ZL1-1LE, which just doesn’t happen with ford’s top dog.
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:21 PM   #22
ccw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvandy50 View Post
i could not agree more(had a regular 350, not an R though). the lack of tramlining was the first thing i noticed, after the abundance of torque, on my drive home. the zl1 comes with so much more stuff for the money, i truly don’t understand how these drop in value so much faster than the mustang equivalent.

i will say though you may end up not as far off as one might think when comparing resale, as sticker for my 350 was considered a steal when i bought it, and many people paid 10-30k over for an R. i just got 8k off my 2018 ZL1-1LE, which just doesn’t happen with ford’s top dog.
Yup, totally agree. And resale is better on a Shelby because on the R's they truly limit the number they are building. I paid sticker for the GT350R and then a year later sold it for $80k. Then I picked up a brand new ZL1 1LE for much below sticker and spent the extra cash on mods.
ccw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:30 AM   #23
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
you're joking right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hprush View Post

There are dealers selling new ones well below what they have in them, even with 3% Holdback. Tim Lally in OH, Donohoo in AL, and others are no B.S.'ing selling at $63K - they'll drop more as the winter goes. I know those dealers are serious because I have a friend tired of the Porsche "tax" on his consumeables of his very often tracked 15 GT3. He has money burning a hole in his pocket to get a ZL1 1LE but not burning hot enough to jump too early. In the next few months, he will have one. He's targeting $60K new, $50K used, but, will move a bit from there. It's the 14 / 15 Z28's all over.

When I bought my car at the end of 2016, there was a red 15 Z28 new locally (with A/C) being offered at $50K gathering dust outside. There was another one, too, that the idiots wanted $64K for at the same time.

Honestly, if I was buying lightly used, I would not pay over $55K for a well less than 5K-mile non-tracked car with PDR. By the spring, they'll be tons more. With over 1800 produced in 2018 and more each day for 2019, there is such a limited audience for the car.

I am personally coming closer to being in the market for one between now and the spring or so. It won't be hard to find a killer deal if you don't mind getting it shipped or jumping on a plane. Keeping my SS 1LE for my sons.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 08:30 AM   #24
Travis104

Drives: 2014 ZL1
I am also hoping to pick up a ZL1/1LE or C7Z in the spring. I will be either trading or selling my 5th gen ZL1 with 700hp and only 9k miles, with Recaro's.
Travis104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 03:59 AM   #25
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
I just looked - lots more advertised new (2018's) below $63K. Probably with the GM Employee for Everyone plus their Holdback and any other incentives just to dump them.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:23 PM   #26
Harpinc

Drives: 19' ZL1 1LE
I'm currently looking at an 18' ZL1, A10 with PDR and 4k miles for $50 even. A couple of 1 LE's can be had for $55k but I enjoy driving on the street some as well and that think looks brutal.
Harpinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:36 PM   #27
Tuner2muscle

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
I'd be interested in a ZL1 (non 1LE) by April next year... I'm in Canada tho...so that may pose a wrinkle
Tuner2muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:47 PM   #28
smokinzx14r

Drives: 2018 1SS
I just found 2 local 2018 ZL1s both 10 speed autos , one 54k and the other for 55k ..I'm going to go look at the one for 54k ... Only problem is they are both Black and I hate black ..but for the right price ......Maybe ...
smokinzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote