Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-06-2018, 06:18 PM   #15
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FH212 View Post
That color is the best color to come out in years. I love it with the black accents.
Wow, you could hear the car TALK? BTW, that's racist.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:06 PM   #16
Zap city

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE, MN6, SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty31 View Post
So was the dealer including a markup in order to rip you off?

No but played the old mark it down then negate the discount with bullshit fees. On top of that, he "offered" me rough trade on my near mint GS. I was dealing with the sales manager directly and already had another dealer offer me 4K more on mine against an 18Z. They also had two 2018 ZLEs on the floor and he was only willing to discount those another $1500 beyond the discount on the 19. I didn't expect to really get anywhere with them anyway as I've known that they generally suck for a long time with games and inflated prices.
Zap city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:10 PM   #17
Zap city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollock View Post
Now is not the time to get a good deal on a 19.

I know that, but this deal goes beyond that. Read my response above. They weren't even wiling try to move on the 18s they have on the floor.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:18 PM   #18
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
THIS is what I've been waiting to see. I was really torn between Crush and Satin Steel and knew this was going to look awesome with all the Carbon Fiber and black on the ZLE.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:33 PM   #19
Revalot

Drives: ZL1/1LE parts added
Location: Somewhere around Texas pines tress and smooth asphalt
Now is the time to buy a 2019 ? That would be now or December would be the time, before the dealer has to pax tax on a year older model right (2018) ? I'm watching 2018 ZLE all over the USA, and they haft to fall in $. And when they do, bam on on it, But I like the 2019 better, and if I can get a good deal on a 2019 I will bring it home.
Revalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:40 PM   #20
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revalot View Post
Now is the time to buy a 2019 ? That would be now or December would be the time, before the dealer has to pax tax on a year older model right (2018) ? I'm watching 2018 ZLE all over the USA, and they haft to fall in $. And when they do, bam on on it, But I like the 2019 better, and if I can get a good deal on a 2019 I will bring it home.
There are some nice little upgrades on the 2019 worth going that direction.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:48 PM   #21
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap city View Post
No but played the old mark it down then negate the discount with bullshit fees. On top of that, he "offered" me rough trade on my near mint GS. I was dealing with the sales manager directly and already had another dealer offer me 4K more on mine against an 18Z. They also had two 2018 ZLEs on the floor and he was only willing to discount those another $1500 beyond the discount on the 19. I didn't expect to really get anywhere with them anyway as I've known that they generally suck for a long time with games and inflated prices.
So they discounted the car off MSRP then what fees negated that? Then he was 4k off on trade-in. The trade in part is really on you and you could easily sell on your own if it's really that low. Or go back to the dealer that gave you the proper trade deal and have him do a dealer transfer on the Satin Gray car.

Price of the car is what counts and it sounds like you were at MSRP or below on a brand new car that only a few exist. Not really a rip-off.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:18 PM   #22
camaroJD

Drives: 2019 Satin Steel 1SS 1LE w/ PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
THIS is what I've been waiting to see. I was really torn between Crush and Satin Steel and knew this was going to look awesome with all the Carbon Fiber and black on the ZLE.
Me too, I decided Crush was too much for a daily driver but I do love it.
camaroJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:31 PM   #23
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Quote:
There are some nice little upgrades on the 2019 worth going that direction.
Yeah like seats that actually recline more than 10 degrees! GM is WAY ahead of its time!
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:05 AM   #24
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
My only contribution to this conversation is, I really am glad I got the 19' instead of doing a deal on an already one year old car. This allows only a little bit of jump on offsetting depreciation. Not only that but, I really like what they did to the rear of the car, with the smoked out tail lights and a few other changes.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:17 AM   #25
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Wow yes that color combo on the 1LE looks sweet! Looked at ZL1’s last week, If I knew I could daily and live without a sunroof, it would make the decision so much easier. Thing is, 19’s 1LE’s are $5000 more now around here compared to an 18. I don’t see the 19 ZL1 changes worth it for that price difference. Well, unless I was a Mr. Moneybags like some of you guys. So much easier not trading anything that’s for sure, good luck on your quest!
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:20 AM   #26
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Quote:
Man, I would have jumped all over this color amigo...wow.

Would love to see it in the non 1le if anyone has a pic. Think I'm still partial to the nfg only due to the color blending so well with the gun metal rims, but this is a looker!!
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:24 AM   #27
Zap city

Quote:
So they discounted the car off MSRP then what fees negated that? Then he was 4k off on trade-in. The trade in part is really on you and you could easily sell on your own if it's really that low. Or go back to the dealer that gave you the proper trade deal and have him do a dealer transfer on the Satin Gray car.

Price of the car is what counts and it sounds like you were at MSRP or below on a brand new car that only a few exist. Not really a rip-off.

Thanks for the response and I love your car BTW. I do prefer the changes on the 19 and think the new rear end looks fantastic- especially in person. I also like the updates on the infotainment system as the icons and layout look way more refined. As for the deal, I do know how to buy a car and I think paying anywhere near MSRP for any Camaro is nuts, new year changes or not. I got 16.5% off- nearly 11K- with absolutely no dealer fees of any kind on my GS early in the 2017 model run meaning the GS was very hot then as a new model. As for the dealer trade, its not that easy. The dealer who gave me the xtra 4K on my vette is out of state and was negotiating on a 18. Not all dealers are quick to agree about making dealer trades. And, selling my vette means I lose sales tax credit on the new car which is a big deal considering I am looking at 6% on nearing 70K. At the end of the day, I will most likely order a car through a reasonable dealer like the one I did business with on my vette. They were the only dealer ever to admit to me that there is big back end money coming straight from GM on volume sales. When a dealer tries to show you invoice and work off of that figure backwards, if they selling any volume at all, you can guarantee that you are getting reamed as they are making thousands more you never see at the end of the end of the year on each unit. And that is different than holdback which is only around 3%. That is why dealers like MacMulkin Chevy will sell thousands below invoice. They make their real money at the end of the year straight from GM on bulk units sold. The sales manager I dealt with at the time told me the best time to buy any GM product is year end (December) as that is when GM totals sales quotas for each dealer and decides if that dealer will get their back end monies. Just my 2 cents so TIFWIW which is just that. And, I really intended for the thread to be more about the color and not so much the deal. "Deals" are completely subjective anyway.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:33 AM   #28
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
This is the color i really wanted, put me in a pickle when i saw it the first time as i almost had my deal wrapped up on my white one. In the end, it was gonna be almost 7k more for the 19 and i just couldn’t justify it.
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote