Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-08-2018, 12:41 PM   #15
headgamez

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
People have been having success with them over on diyma.com. Seems like a really good unit. I will be making the purchase over the winter.
headgamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:13 PM   #16
lDejavul

Drives: Camaro SS
Just got it installed. Once I found the tuner box under the dash it was super easy to install. Sounds so much better. My sub really came alive.
Dual Mode Exhaust
MRC
Splash Guards

1G1FG1R74G0124089
lDejavul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:15 PM   #17
headgamez

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Very good to know!!
headgamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:23 AM   #18
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lDejavul View Post
Just got it installed. Once I found the tuner box under the dash it was super easy to install. Sounds so much better. My sub really came alive.
How was your system hooked up before?
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK

Last edited by drfeelgood; 10-12-2018 at 03:45 PM.
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:30 PM   #19
lDejavul

My sub was run through a AudioControl LC7i. Summed from the fronts and the backs. I was waiting for the NavTV unit to drop in price but I think the AMP PRO device is just right for the price. My 3 inch fronts also sound sooo much better. Really everything thats running on non factory amps have come alive. I'm so excited. Going to do some further tuning on the software sometime soon. Everything is just default right now.
Dual Mode Exhaust
MRC
Splash Guards

1G1FG1R74G0124089
Old 10-12-2018, 03:48 PM   #20
drfeelgood

Quote:
My sub was run through a AudioControl LC7i. Summed from the fronts and the backs. I was waiting for the NavTV unit to drop in price but I think the AMP PRO device is just right for the price. My 3 inch fronts also sound sooo much better. Really everything thats running on non factory amps have come alive. I'm so excited. Going to do some further tuning on the software sometime soon. Everything is just default right now.
I see. Yeah, the NavTv unit is good, but not perfect. The price is high for many, I am glad that an alternative came out. Are you using Toslink connection to a digital sound processor? If not, I would suggest that setup.
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

Old 10-12-2018, 04:26 PM   #21
DWR

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Anyone know of anything like this for the 1LE? It seems that no one has came up with a non-splicing method for installing amps/subs for this car (as we dont have a factory amp)
2007 Toyota Corolla S -- Traded
2007 Colorado I-5 3.7L z85 2wd ext. cab --Totaled
2004 Silverado single cab 4.8l v-8 2wd -- Traded
2018 Camaro SS 1LE -- Current DD
DWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 06:07 PM   #22
davef

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Garnet Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWR View Post
Anyone know of anything like this for the 1LE? It seems that no one has came up with a non-splicing method for installing amps/subs for this car (as we dont have a factory amp)
I'm all ears!
davef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:29 AM   #23
JoeCarSeller

Drives: 17 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
I see. Yeah, the NavTv unit is good, but not perfect. The price is high for many, I am glad that an alternative came out. Are you using Toslink connection to a digital sound processor? If not, I would suggest that setup.
I see a lot of discussion about the tos link and digital sounds processors. What’s the big advantage? I’m an old school car audio guy with some equipment laying around I was going to put in. I have some Polk MoMo 6.5’s and 6x9’s with a digital 5 channel alpine amp. I also have a kicker 12L7 with a PPI 1k way rms amp but I don’t need that much bass anymore. There’s 300 watts rms on my 5 channel amp so I was thinking of getting a smaller sub for that. Did you keep the rest of the old bose stuff in and functioning or disconnect it?
JoeCarSeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 12:32 PM   #24
drfeelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCarSeller View Post
I see a lot of discussion about the tos link and digital sounds processors. What’s the big advantage? I’m an old school car audio guy with some equipment laying around I was going to put in. I have some Polk MoMo 6.5’s and 6x9’s with a digital 5 channel alpine amp. I also have a kicker 12L7 with a PPI 1k way rms amp but I don’t need that much bass anymore. There’s 300 watts rms on my 5 channel amp so I was thinking of getting a smaller sub for that. Did you keep the rest of the old bose stuff in and functioning or disconnect it?
I removed all Bose drivers. I use Hybrid Audio Technology drivers (Legatia SE line) Most IASCA SQ competition winners are using Hybrid Audio drivers. Best bang for buck drivers on the market today. Comparable to dynaudio, scan speak, old German made MB Quart but at a better price point. Developed by an electric engineer (Scott Buwalda), his vehicle using his products holds the record for the highest combined scored in any organized sound quality competition in history, world wide. If you want the very best in SQ, I would highly recommend giving these drivers a try.

Ok, that aside, the new vehicles are making it harder to setup nice SQ audio systems. The current generation Camaro requires an interface to do this, and currently there are only two available. I am using the toslink digital output on the NavTV unit, going straight to the Hertz H8 DSP, then sending signal to 3 class D amps (Hybrid Audio also).

Using digital outputs, I have found, gives highest quality sound output without the interference and white noise that can be present using Analaog connections.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:32 AM   #25
lDejavul

It would be nice to include a dsp. Right now I dont have extra cash to throw at it. Its sounds good enough for me right now.
Dual Mode Exhaust
MRC
Splash Guards

1G1FG1R74G0124089
Old 10-15-2018, 10:33 AM   #26
lDejavul

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWR View Post
This doesnt connect to the factory amp. It connects directly to the i0/5/6 box in the dash. If you have the IO5/6 radio it will work.
Dual Mode Exhaust
MRC
Splash Guards

1G1FG1R74G0124089
Old 10-19-2018, 12:20 PM   #27
drfeelgood

Quote:
It would be nice to include a dsp. Right now I dont have extra cash to throw at it. Its sounds good enough for me right now.
Its all subjective brother. If it sounds good to you, it is good! the ampro does a great job of cleaning up the signal. The DSP allows for time alignment for each speaker, 32 band EQ for each driver, and creates a perfect sound stage (as good as can be in a car) but it isn't necessary!

Old 11-01-2018, 11:37 AM   #28
oOKhanhOo

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Has anyone tried this on their SS 1LE?
oOKhanhOo is offline   Reply With Quote