Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-22-2018, 02:10 PM   #1
artey34

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE - Hyper Blue
ZL1 Addons Deluxe Rock Guards

I am going to install the ZL1Addons Front and Rear Deluxe rock guards today. I have the front end wrapped in xpel and ceramic coated. I assume the coating carries into the wheel well so I am not sure if the 3M tape will stick all that well. Does anyone have some home solutions on how they got theirs to stay on? I know the 3M tape on these has always been an issue.
artey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:51 PM   #2
lgarrison34

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE HBM, 2010 SS FBO/Cam
I completely removed the tape and secured them with the one screw and metal clips that are included. I have had no issues with them moving or causing noise. I must have gotten lucky.
lgarrison34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 09:09 PM   #3
KCelsius

Drives: 2018 Summit White 1SS 1LE
I'm on the same boat since my xpel wraps around to the wheel well and I didn't really want to put the tape onto the xpel.

But...I ended up doing it anyways and when it needs to come off or fails, I'll cross that bridge. You could maybe cur the tape around the length that would touch the clear bra? Not sure how much of the length of that wheel well you've got tucked.
KCelsius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 09:33 PM   #4
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
Mine is clear bra'd and no issues with the ZL1 add-ons tape sticking to the front inner fender. Just cleaned the contact points with alcohol before adhering the tape and was careful not to get too much by the edge of the clear bra. Just fine 1500 miles later in the AZ heat.

gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:03 PM   #5
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
I just bought a new 1LE last Friday, had the deluxe zl1 add on guards at the hosue when I brought the car home and installed them first day. Unfortunately the front guards are almost ineffective at protecting the rear quarter panels in front of the wheel wells

I ended up enlarging the guards using some good ol boy mud flaps from fleet farm but it is about 95% better now
Attached Images

DorkMissile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:16 PM   #6
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
I just bought a new 1LE last Friday, had the deluxe zl1 add on guards at the hosue when I brought the car home and installed them first day. Unfortunately the front guards are almost ineffective at protecting the rear quarter panels in front of the wheel wells

I ended up enlarging the guards using some good ol boy mud flaps from fleet farm but it is about 95% better now
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:25 PM   #7
20181le

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE Coming Soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post

Love how this looks!
Old 08-24-2018, 08:12 AM   #8
artey34

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE - Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgarrison34 View Post
I completely removed the tape and secured them with the one screw and metal clips that are included. I have had no issues with them moving or causing noise. I must have gotten lucky.
This is what I am going to try. Used 2 of the U shaped clips for each one. Hope it works
artey34 is offline   Reply With Quote