Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-17-2018, 04:17 AM   #477
Driski

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvie70 View Post
Did you ask them why they did not follow the procedure described in...

- TSB #16-NA-175 Shake or Shudder During Light Throttle Acceleration

You can download or view it here...

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=516940
They tell me that is for the corvette not the camaro. I called up - TSB #16-NA-175 Shake or Shudder During Light Throttle Acceleration and it is in fact the corvette, not the camaro. I took the car yesterday and the shudder is gone "for now". Of course, i have no faith it will stay that way.
Old 05-17-2018, 04:28 AM   #478
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
That tsb literally lists off several vehicles other than just the Corvette. Sounds like you need a new dealer
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:32 AM   #479
mbnwa

Drives: 18 NGM ZL1 1LE
Please see page 3 of the attached PDF
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 16-NA-175.pdf (228.8 KB, 184 views)
mbnwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:59 AM   #480
Wolvie70

Drives: 2016 2SS, Summit White, A8, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driski View Post
They tell me that is for the corvette not the camaro. I called up - TSB #16-NA-175 Shake or Shudder During Light Throttle Acceleration and it is in fact the corvette, not the camaro. I took the car yesterday and the shudder is gone "for now". Of course, i have no faith it will stay that way.
Camaro is listed in vehicles affected. Did YOU bother to even look at it? If not I guess the dealer is giving you what you deserve.
Wolvie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 04:28 AM   #481
Driski

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbnwa View Post
I can't thank you enough... I was unable to find, or did not look deep enough.
I feel like i at least have a leg to stand on now. Below is the email i sent to the Service manager. Lets see what they have to say now.

George, Please take a look at the attached.

8 cyl. Camaro is listed on page 3. It then goes on to discuss the triple flush procedure. Please discuss with Jon and whoever the technician was who worked on the car. If i am wrong on this, do not hesitate to tell me. If i am correct, i would like to bring the car back in for a triple flush ASAP. I want a fighting chance that it will work. If there is another option that i am not aware of... please let me know. Thank you!
Old 05-18-2018, 04:35 AM   #482
Driski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvie70 View Post
Camaro is listed in vehicles affected. Did YOU bother to even look at it? If not I guess the dealer is giving you what you deserve.
You are correct, i did not look through the bulletin. I guess i had faith the dealer had done due diligence. My bad.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:48 AM   #483
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Dealers are stealers. You have to verify everything they say to you. It's like winning the lotto. If you find a good dealer / service manager hang on to them like dear life.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 04:55 PM   #484
Driski

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbnwa View Post
Might you have a more recent bulletin? The dealer says his bulletin is dated December 13 2017 and it states that the triple flush does not pertain to the Camaro.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:57 PM   #485
crosive

Quote:
Might you have a more recent bulletin? The dealer says his bulletin is dated December 13 2017 and it states that the triple flush does not pertain to the Camaro.
Ask him to give you a copy of the bulletin. Tell him to show you where it states that. Then take the copy he gave you and go to a different dealer. You don't want this guy or his people working on your car. Seriously.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:05 PM   #486
Driski

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosive View Post
Ask him to give you a copy of the bulletin. Tell him to show you where it states that. Then take the copy he gave you and go to a different dealer. You don't want this guy or his people working on your car. Seriously.
I have asked him for a copy and i am waiting. Thank you for the advice. I will call another dealer.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:01 PM   #487
mbnwa

Quote:
I have asked him for a copy and i am waiting. Thank you for the advice. I will call another dealer.
Ask him for the bulletin number, AFAIK no updates have been posted at least the last time I checked the ACDelco TBS logs for our cars.
17' Camaro 2SS A8 Vert Upgrades: Pray MSD IM/95mm TB/E85/Tune / Roto-fab CAI / GM Dark Taillights / LED Turn's with VLED Resisters / LED Reverse Lights / JWM Side Markers / Factory UQT PDR (CTS-V) / BMR DSL, MM010 / TSP 1 7/8 / Front Camera / Eyebrow Harness / Elite Engineering E2-X / AEM Wideband with Aeroforce single pod / HD Radio / OnStar Delete / RPM Roll Bar
Old 05-22-2018, 06:18 PM   #488
mbnwa

Quote:
I stand corrected I do have an updated version of this document December 13th 2017, I'm guessing the service manager might need to go see an eye doctor or I do because I am sure I see Camaro listed on this sheet on page 2

However I do not see them requiring a triple flush any longer just a single flash and filter change.

All Applications EXCEPT 2017-2018 Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon Service Procedure
Important: Requires Mobil 1 Synthetic LV ATF DEXRON HP transmission fluid.
Note: U.S. dealers must order the Mobil 1 Synthetic LV ATF DEXRON HP fluid through your local General Motors oil distributor. When
contacting the General Motors oil distributor request Mobil 1 Synthetic LV ATF DEXRON HP. Canadian dealers must order through CCA
using the current part number in the Electronic Part Catalog.
1. Drain, Clean pan/magnet, Replace Filter, Oil Fill, & Remove fluid from the oil cooler lines.
A.) Use filtered compressed air regulated to 60 psi to remove transmission fluid from the transmission oil cooler lines.
B.) Remove the transmission fluid pan and drain transmission fluid following SI procedures for the application you’re working on. Discard
all oil.
Note: If you find that the fluid is cloudy, milky, or appears to be contaminated with water or engine coolant, DO NOT proceed with below
steps. Follow Both SI Procedures for “Cooling System Leak Testing” and “Engine Coolant/Water in Transmission.”
C.) Clean the pan/magnet if any metallic particles present and replace transmission filter.
Install the transmission fluid pan and refill with new Mobil 1 Synthetic LV ATF DEXRON HP transmission fluid following the Fluid Fill Procedure in SI
to obtain correct fluid level.
The shudder should be improved after the completion of this flush procedure.
Note: Shudder should improve directionally right away, but for full affect, the vehicle may need to be driven up to 200 miles (322 km) and a
minimum of two cold to hot drive cycles before determining if the fluid flush corrected the condition or not. Do not re-evaluate vehicle for
additional customer shudder concerns until the vehicle has been driven 200 miles (322 km).
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Document ID: 4526930.pdf (183.7 KB, 657 views)
File Type: pdf Document ID: 4942742.pdf (55.7 KB, 388 views)
17' Camaro 2SS A8 Vert Upgrades: Pray MSD IM/95mm TB/E85/Tune / Roto-fab CAI / GM Dark Taillights / LED Turn's with VLED Resisters / LED Reverse Lights / JWM Side Markers / Factory UQT PDR (CTS-V) / BMR DSL, MM010 / TSP 1 7/8 / Front Camera / Eyebrow Harness / Elite Engineering E2-X / AEM Wideband with Aeroforce single pod / HD Radio / OnStar Delete / RPM Roll Bar
Old 05-23-2018, 04:08 AM   #489
Driski

Thank you for finding and posting that. The single flush is what i have been disputing with them. At least now I know they are following some guideline. As of yesterday, the shudder has not come back. I have put at least 300 miles on the car. Time will tell.
I still have the differential groan and will need to take it back for that, but that belongs on another thread.
Thank you!
Old 05-23-2018, 06:08 AM   #490
crosive

Quote:
Thank you for finding and posting that. The single flush is what i have been disputing with them. At least now I know they are following some guideline. As of yesterday, the shudder has not come back. I have put at least 300 miles on the car. Time will tell.
I still have the differential groan and will need to take it back for that, but that belongs on another thread.
Thank you!

there is a bulletin for the rear diff as well. it involves a flush and fill, and 5 figure 8's in the parking lot. it states this may have to happen up to 5 times (mine hasn't returned since the first one however, after almost 600 miles so far)

my paperwork reads "rear diff fluid needs to be drained and refilled per 17-na-287"

Last edited by crosive; 05-23-2018 at 06:12 AM. Reason: found the bulletin number on my paperwork