Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 02-16-2018, 01:15 PM   #15
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
sweet ride. I would have gone with the garnet red but I have a zl1 1le on order in that color that is waiting to ship so i may be partial. The rarity of the aqua blue metallic might have been my next choice just because of how rare it is but that gray is awesome and was on my short list as well
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:07 PM   #16
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by davef View Post
In the past I'd heard that the SS 1LEs ride a bit lower than the "regular" SS cars. It doesn't look to be accurate from your side by side pics. Can anyone confirm this?
They are the same height apart from differences in tire sidewall thickness.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:35 PM   #17
davef

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Garnet Red
Thanks, that's how the pics look, I just wanted a sanity check
davef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:37 PM   #18
vonrebel

Drives: 2021 2SS 1le Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyz View Post
Did your old car have mag shocks? If not, do you notice much of a difference in ride quality ?
No, my old 2SS did not have the magnetic ride control, I did drive an SS with mag ride before buying the 2SS and i could not tell a big enough difference to justify to cost. But at that time i was expecting Cadillac type of a ride, and Mag ride does not transform a Camaro into a Cadillac as I later learned.

Now that I have magnetic ride control and have had time to experience it, In my opinion, Magnetic Ride Control is an option that grows on you a little each time you drive, and then you can't live without it. In Tour mode, MRC smooths out the ride and bumps, about, I'll put a number on it of 25%. and when you run over something like a man deep hole cover you will definitely thank yourself for purchasing the Mag Ride.

In Track mode, on a 1le, the magnetic ride suspension works even better than on an SS, I think, because, Synergistic, with the 1le's wider tires, upgraded sway bars, and upgraded suspension, all the components complement each other and the 1le really shines. Especially in agility, slingshot-ing around cars, high speed maneuvers, cornering, roundabouts,.....

I could never Go Back to an SS without the 1le package or a 5th Gen anything. I'm a previous owner of both a 5th gen SS and a 5th Gen 1le and the 6th Gen 1le by far is the BEST! in every way.

Wanted to update my opinion on the mag ride: (For normal driving) 20-30% better between a 1le SS w/ mag ride v/s SS without mag, ,,,,,,, (During Spirited driving) -it's a (Significant difference (50-70%) better between a 1le v/s an SS without /mag ride. I'm in break in period so I'm not beating on the car to hard. But the money I spend to trade my 2SS for the 1SS 1le was well spent, No Regrets!

Trying to help Other people who want MRC, but need to hear it's worth the money it's worth it!. At the sametime Its difficult to put accurate numbers on the differences, because it Depends on speed, how big the bumps are and how hard your pushing the car. And (How You feel the Car perform) For me, the more I drive the more I appreciate the Mag ride. For sure a 1le with MRC vs SS. without MRC is 25% better normal driving and Spirited driving 60% + better.

I'm 100% Glad I have the mag ride, initially, during routine test drives, I was unsure about the value of mag ride.) Now, there's no doubt, highly recommend MRC, and to buy the 1le.

Last edited by vonrebel; 02-17-2018 at 02:25 PM.
vonrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:49 PM   #19
vonrebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by closs2sx View Post
sweet ride. I would have gone with the garnet red but I have a zl1 1le on order in that color that is waiting to ship so i may be partial. The rarity of the aqua blue metallic might have been my next choice just because of how rare it is but that gray is awesome and was on my short list as well
Yep, it was an all day event just to get a color selected, and Artic Blue look really good! and Garnet Red does too, both contrast the black accents well and were both top choices, and White.

NOTE: My old SS had the matching Nightfall Grey GM mud guards, (the ones that cost 300.00 bucks installed), the dealership, Cable Dahmer Chevrolet took them off my old Nightfall Grey SS (trade-in) and installed them over to the new 1le, at no charge. The front GM mud guards were riveted on, so they had to be drilled out, (new rivets and double sided tape was required.)

This is the second Camaro I've purchased from Cable Dahmer Cheverolet Kansas City, MO. The previous Camaro purchased from them was a 5th Gen 1le, Ashen Grey This dealership is Awesome! It Nice when you get treated fairly, above and beyond the norm , every time.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:53 PM   #20
vonrebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mulafastech View Post
Congrats! Nice selection at that dealer for sure. Thanks for all the pics.
Cable Dahmer Chevrolet located in Kansas City, Missouri always has the biggest inventory of Camaros & Corvettes in the city. Best customer service, Very best trade in prices, and best final sales price. Like any dealership their there to make a profit.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:55 PM   #21
vonrebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaunchOfficial View Post
Congrats! Awesome car, love the NMG. I had a very different experience with them. Drove almost 4 hours to buy a low mile 14 1LE which they couldn't find once I got there in early 2016. Glad it worked out that way, ended up in OKC a month later on a new 16 1SS for not much more.
For sure, You ended up with the better car in every way. Congratulations!
Old 02-16-2018, 10:22 PM   #22
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
good trade
Old 02-16-2018, 10:45 PM   #23
KS1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE, 02 GTP
Congrats! Looks great. I also bought mine from Cable last year.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:08 AM   #24
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonrebel View Post
No, my old 2SS did not have the magnetic ride control, I did drive an SS with mag ride before buying the 2SS and i could not tell a big enough difference to justify to cost. But at that time i was expecting Cadillac type of a ride, and Mag ride does not transform a Camaro into a Cadillac as I later learned.

Now that I have magnetic ride control and have had time to experience it, In my opinion, Magnetic Ride Control is an option that grows on you a little each time you drive, and then you can't live without it. In Tour mode, MRC smooths out the ride and bumps, about, I'll put a number on it of 25%. and when you run over something like a man deep hole cover you will definitely thank yourself for purchasing the Mag Ride.

In Track mode, on a 1le, the magnetic ride suspension works even better than on an SS, I think, because, Synergistic, with the 1le's wider tires, upgraded sway bars, and upgraded suspension, all the components complement each other and the 1le really shines. Especially in agility, slingshot-ing around cars, high speed maneuvers, cornering, roundabouts,.....

I could never Go Back to a SS without the 1le package or a 5th Gen anything. I'm a previous owner of both a 5th gen SS and a 5th Gen 1le and the 6th Gen 1le by far is the BEST! in every way.

Appreciate the details, cheers
I think thats the only option I really really want in mine. Wish the wife would drive a stick.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 09:11 AM   #25
Rayzer

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Congrats on your 1LE. I have 2017 1LE Nightfall Gray Metallic too, and from Cable Dahmer Chevy. I did the proper break in procedure and followed the Performance supplement recommendations. First 500 miles, oil change, then at 1500 miles, differential fluid change. Also had windows tinted, and Paint Protection Film (Lees Summit, Midwest tinting) on front and sides. Ask for Dustin for quote or come in to see his new shop.

Hope to see you on the road.
Attached Images

Rayzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 01:19 PM   #26
vonrebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzer View Post
Congrats on your 1LE. I have 2017 1LE Nightfall Gray Metallic too, and from Cable Dahmer Chevy. I did the proper break in procedure and followed the Performance supplement recommendations. First 500 miles, oil change, then at 1500 miles, differential fluid change. Also had windows tinted, and Paint Protection Film (Lees Summit, Midwest tinting) on front and sides. Ask for Dustin for quote or come in to see his new shop.

Hope to see you on the road.
Your 1le looks Great!!! Awesome color,
Midwest Tinting is the Best, we use the Mission, Kansas location.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:21 PM   #27
vonrebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS1LE View Post
Congrats! Looks great. I also bought mine from Cable last year.
Cable Dahmer Chevrolet Kansas City, Mo...Best selection, Best prices and Best Customer Service
Old 02-17-2018, 09:29 PM   #28
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzer View Post
I did the proper break in procedure and followed the Performance supplement recommendations. First 500 miles, oil change, then at 1500 miles, differential fluid change.
Does the supplement recommend oil change at 500 miles and the rear diff fluid change at 1500 now?

I plan to change my oil when I take the car out of winter storage, but was curious if the manual actually recommends it. Mine says nothing except change the oil when the computer tells you to. lol

Last edited by Cgocifer; 02-17-2018 at 10:18 PM.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote