Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-12-2020, 12:02 AM   #1
jmason

Drives: 18 ZL1 1le
Zl1 radiator

Anyone making a aftermarket aluminum one?
jmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 11:25 AM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
There are a few out there. WeaponX and Mishimoto both make complete heat exchanger upgrade kits, if I recall. There are probably more, like AFCO and others, too, that I haven't noticed.

Why is it you're looking for one? Because of your ZLE, I'm guessing you're looking to supplement your cooling for track purposes. If I'm right, I offer that you do your due diligence, as it seems like not all track-cooling upgrades are worth the cost. A member here, has a ZL1 (mod'd with almost all ZLE-equipment), plus a 2650, and is running around 700-plus to the tires, and was told by an aftermarket radiator-type manufacturer that bigger radiators and heat exchangers aren't necessarily upgrades on these cars. This member was thinking he would try to address oil cooling next, and see if that takes care of the heat-issues he was having.

Good luck either way. Reach out to some of these companies and see what they say.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 12:22 PM   #3
az4783054

Drives: SWXXZL1
Check out https://www.dewitts.com/ and http://www.rondavisradiators.com
az4783054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 01:19 PM   #4
jmason

Drives: 18 ZL1 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
There are a few out there. WeaponX and Mishimoto both make complete heat exchanger upgrade kits, if I recall. There are probably more, like AFCO and others, too, that I haven't noticed.

Why is it you're looking for one? Because of your ZLE, I'm guessing you're looking to supplement your cooling for track purposes. If I'm right, I offer that you do your due diligence, as it seems like not all track-cooling upgrades are worth the cost. A member here, has a ZL1 (mod'd with almost all ZLE-equipment), plus a 2650, and is running around 700-plus to the tires, and was told by an aftermarket radiator-type manufacturer that bigger radiators and heat exchangers aren't necessarily upgrades on these cars. This member was thinking he would try to address oil cooling next, and see if that takes care of the heat-issues he was having.

Good luck either way. Reach out to some of these companies and see what they say.
I have the heat exchangers already, looking for some extra cooling being that I’m in Arizona and it get to 118+ outside plus pavement temps. It’s a daily driver and will be tracked more now by me and my GF.
jmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 03:49 PM   #5
az4783054

Drives: SWXXZL1
RON DAVIS is on the west side of the valley. His heat exchangers are supplied to lots of racers of every type.
az4783054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 06:39 PM   #6
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
C & R does, it's $1200

I was looking at getting one since I have to replace mine anyways, but after talking to some guys in racing, I don't think it's worth upgrading for that price.