Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-21-2017, 08:56 PM   #1
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Pulled the Trigger!!

Will post better pics when I detail it. Just picked it up from the dealer with 5 miles on the clock. This car is absolutely fantastic!!!!!!

I spent months researching and it is way better than I expected. The interior is also wayyyyy better than I thought it would be. Chevy has come a long way. All the talk about visibility... meh, its not that bad at all, but I'm used to driving hot rods and other sports cars. Just a fantastic car all around. Absolutely love the heads up display. I wasn't looking for the PDR, but with the deal I got, it didn't matter... ;-)

I had the deal negotiated via email then just drove 1.5 hours to inspect it and take delivery. No fuss, no muss, no haggle. Ourisman Chevrolet in Rockville, MD. They had two summit white exactly the same but this one had the has marks and only 5 miles on it.

Anyway, here it is, some crappy cell phone pics: 2018 1SS 1LE with PDR and 1LE hash marks... lol
Attached Images

Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:57 PM   #2
Zodiac
Sarcasm Personified

Drives: 2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Congrats, very nice. Love the 1LE, stock wheels are one of my favorites ever done OEM.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 09:00 PM   #3
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
Congrats, very nice. Love the 1LE, stock wheels are one of my favorites ever done OEM.
Indeed, Chevy did a great job and the offsets are perfect. I was actually waiting for the 2018 Mustangs, but I would have had to get different wheels or spacers at the very least as well as lowered suspension. This car is near perfect out of the box. Only thing I plan on doing is getting the ZL1 smoked tail lights.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:03 PM   #4
Zodiac
Sarcasm Personified

Drives: 2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Indeed, Chevy did a great job and the offsets are perfect. I was actually waiting for the 2018 Mustangs, but I would have had to get different wheels or spacers at the very least as well as lowered suspension. This car is near perfect out of the box. Only thing I plan on doing is getting the ZL1 smoked tail lights.
Yep ZL1 taillights and ZL1 1LE (ugh that's rough to type) third brake light is a must I think on the Camaro. While I'm not a huge fan of the rear of the Camaro the lights make a huge difference.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 09:03 PM   #5
Printman

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Congrats! The color and 1LE option I want.
Printman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 09:04 PM   #6
Sullie63
CamaroFan63

Drives: '15 1LT Summit White
Congrats on the SS 1LE ! !
Sullie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 09:10 PM   #7
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Everyone is buying 1LEs right now it seems like. I put 5mm spacers on the rear wheels to make them flush with the fenders.

The 2018 Mustang is supposed to get a package with better wheels but it hasn't been announced yet. I only wanted the tremec so it was a non-issue for me.

WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 09:37 PM   #8
Cgocifer

Yeah, it's the only Camaro I considered. The 1LE package is just simply awesome. Same with the Corvette Grand Sport. I looked at those too, but wife insisted I get a back seat. So, 1LE it is!

The mysterious GT Performance Pack Level 2 which most likely will be a direct competitor for the 1LE. Will be available in December. I doubt it will have everything the 1LE has though. I was holding out for the Mustang, but the Camaro 1LE is just awesome and I'll be is a better bargain given the price jump for the mustang. It's expected to cost $6500 for the PP2. 460 HP though and maybe a bit more for the PP2.

Look at those wheel arch gaps though. :-/

I like all cars though, so I hope the Mustang PP2 turns out cool. I'm giddy with the 1LE though! :-)

I'm surprised you put spacers on. I love the offsets on the Camaro 1LE wheels.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:42 PM   #9
WhyUMad1LE

The spacers are only 5mm; if you look at the car along the side you will see the front wheels stick out more than the rears. I wanted to reduce that. Actually even after the spacers the fronts stick out a bit more but I'm not going to bother going to a 7 or 10 mm. Nobody else notices it.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:48 PM   #10
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
The spacers are only 5mm; if you look at the car along the side you will see the front wheels stick out more than the rears. I wanted to reduce that. Actually even after the spacers the fronts stick out a bit more but I'm not going to bother going to a 7 or 10 mm. Nobody else notices it.
Ahh, you are correct Sir. I may have to do the same.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:52 PM   #11
WhyUMad1LE

Quote:
Ahh, you are correct Sir. I may have to do the same.
Tip for if you do end up putting spacers in: Go over the rotor hats and wheel mounting surface with brake cleaner and a rag to make sure no brake dust gets trapped in there.

I got a clicking noise at first and had to take the wheels off and clean everything up to make it go away.

Enjoy the car.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:45 PM   #12
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Will post better pics when I detail it. Just picked it up from the dealer with 5 miles on the clock. This car is absolutely fantastic!!!!!!

I spent months researching and it is way better than I expected. The interior is also wayyyyy better than I thought it would be. Chevy has come a long way. All the talk about visibility... meh, its not that bad at all, but I'm used to driving hot rods and other sports cars. Just a fantastic car all around. Absolutely love the heads up display. I wasn't looking for the PDR, but with the deal I got, it didn't matter... ;-)

I had the deal negotiated via email then just drove 1.5 hours to inspect it and take delivery. No fuss, no muss, no haggle. Ourisman Chevrolet in Rockville, MD. They had two summit white exactly the same but this one had the has marks and only 5 miles on it.

Anyway, here it is, some crappy cell phone pics: 2018 1SS 1LE with PDR and 1LE hash marks... lol

Sweet azz Camaro!!
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 11:07 PM   #13
Cgocifer

Thanks guys, I am super stoked. This car is beyond badazz!! Now I just have to wait until I hit 1500 miles so I can unleash it! hahaha Stupid break in periods.

Still not sure what all the complaining is about the visibility. Yes, there are some big blind spots, but I'm not sure about all the complaints about viz out the rear window. I can see just fine out the rear. Whatever, I'm sooooo glad I went with this thing over the Mustang. If the Mustang is the Gentleman's muscle car, this thing is the brute force, in your face, hooligan!!

Experiencing the afterglow, can you tell? lol
Old 10-22-2017, 08:39 AM   #14
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Congrats. Enjoy it.