Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-10-2017, 09:15 PM   #1
Homer2

Drives: 50th Anni.. coming home 11/01
A8 holding rpm's on its own ?

Seems strange to me - but when im using the shifter to go through the gears - the rpms seem to hold about 1200-1500 without me touching the gas pedal.

Is the most noticeable in 1st and 2nd - since I spend a lot of time in rush hour traffic.. it hold the rpm and will only drop down when I use the brake to get the car slow enough.

Issue or supposed to be? Im betting issue
Built Sept 16/2016 - #2681 of 5955. She came home with me 11/01/16. 50th Anni, 2SS, A8, NPP, NGM Rock Guards, Footwell Lighting, Black Bow Ties, Street Warrior Rotors and Pads, Ceramic Pro, 3M PPF, Oracle Ghosted Side Markers, Kooks 2" headers w/hi flow cats. GPI Stage 1 Cam installed at 305,000 kms.
Homer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:26 PM   #2
Wheel Team 6

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
A8

Is your ride an MRC, NPP car? Are you in sport or track mode when this happens? I ask because in sport or track mode when you accelerate hard the TCM will hold you in performance shift mode. If not then it sounds like your TCM and transmission need a visit to the service department.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:43 PM   #3
Homer2

Drives: 50th Anni.. coming home 11/01
MRC, NPP yes. I can hard accelerate - BUT, 1st and 2nd are kinda torquey and its hard not to be smooth.

Ill try it with easier accelerating - see if it holds.

Im always in sport mode.
The display doesn't show the performance shift mode activated when this happens though. Yes Ive seen that onscreen indicator when I stand on it - but this isn't that sort of driving.. its freeway rush hour time.
Built Sept 16/2016 - #2681 of 5955. She came home with me 11/01/16. 50th Anni, 2SS, A8, NPP, NGM Rock Guards, Footwell Lighting, Black Bow Ties, Street Warrior Rotors and Pads, Ceramic Pro, 3M PPF, Oracle Ghosted Side Markers, Kooks 2" headers w/hi flow cats. GPI Stage 1 Cam installed at 305,000 kms.
Homer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 06:52 AM   #4
Wheel Team 6

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
A8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer2 View Post
MRC, NPP yes. I can hard accelerate - BUT, 1st and 2nd are kinda torquey and its hard not to be smooth.

Ill try it with easier accelerating - see if it holds.

Im always in sport mode.
The display doesn't show the performance shift mode activated when this happens though. Yes Ive seen that onscreen indicator when I stand on it - but this isn't that sort of driving.. its freeway rush hour time.
Local guy I know had his trans triple flushed and it solved the issue. Hopefully yours will be a simple fix.