Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-11-2020, 12:52 PM   #1
Konnerfallos1

Drives: Camaro
Carbon1LE not sure where to put this

Anybody know Carbon1LE on here? He is supposedly parting out a 1le which I have no idea why anybody would do, and apparently he is building a race car. isn't the 1LE already a race car? Anyways this dude is trying to sell all these parts and I inquired about the brake set to buy. He is insisting on an email money transfer, I asked maybe through ebay or paypal because I don't feel like giving him money when he can very easily run with it. Sending money on an email I get no protection whatsoever. So I said the transaction was Suspicious and he shut it down and said the sale won't happen. I asked him to link me to anyone who has successfully bought parts from him and that would be fine... what a coincidence that didn't happen either. I think this guy is trying to scam people out of money. If any moderators or admins read this I would check him out because that whole thing smells like donkey butt. Does anyone personally know him?
Konnerfallos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 12:55 PM   #2
Konnerfallos1

Also, if he reads this. I DID NOT go into that transaction wanting this to happen. I was more than fair just asking for some proof that your legit, but you provided none. All i said was the transaction was Sus and you said you didn't like my attitude... Nobody in their right mind would treat a potential buyer like that especially when they are spending around 1.5k through basically a 1 time donation which is what it seems like.
Old 11-11-2020, 01:17 PM   #3
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Yea I will never send money over the internet without PayPal protection. I don't mind paying the fees so the seller gets the full asking price but I'm protecting myself since I can't get my hands on the item right away. I always suggest anyone sending money to any private citizen for anything uses the protection. If the seller says no or makes a big deal about it, they are definitely trying to scam you. Any honest seller would understand. I operate the same way whether I'm selling or buying.
Old 11-11-2020, 01:25 PM   #4
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
thats the guy in canada right?
Old 11-11-2020, 02:27 PM   #5
Konnerfallos1

Yea it did, I didnt send him any money. I refused to without some proof that he is honest or we do paypal. He said he has been scammed through paypal and that it is a buyers source of transactions because it helps the buyer. And yes it does because it protects us in case of a scam.
Old 11-11-2020, 02:48 PM   #6
CARBON1LE

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
I never insisted anyone.
if you don't want to buy that is your freedom of choice.
Whatever payment method I accept is my freedom.

You calling me sus just because I don't accept paypal is just your insecurity.
I never said I needed your sale. I am not a business or anything, I am just getting rid of my parts and quite frankly I don't need to sell it to a person like you.
CARBON1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 06:06 PM   #7
Cleancoupe

Drives: 18 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARBON1LE View Post
I never insisted anyone.
if you don't want to buy that is your freedom of choice.
Whatever payment method I accept is my freedom.

You calling me sus just because I don't accept paypal is just your insecurity.
I never said I needed your sale. I am not a business or anything, I am just getting rid of my parts and quite frankly I don't need to sell it to a person like you.

That’s one way to help you sell your parts. I think the OP was just asking if anyone had any transactions with you. Nothing wrong with checking into a seller, especially one that is selling a bunch of high end parts with so few post. Just my opinion.
Cleancoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 07:50 PM   #8
SCCAForums

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro, Ford Mustang
I bought my ZL1 1LE OEM carbon fiber wing from Carbon1LE. Had a local friend in Toronto pick it up and ship to me. Carbon was great to deal with.

Best Regards,
Dave
Old 11-11-2020, 10:13 PM   #9
DemonZL1

Drives: like a granny
Not to be confused with CarbonZLE

Anderson composites coupon code : Demon
DemonZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 06:07 AM   #10
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
Yea I will never send money over the internet without PayPal protection. I don't mind paying the fees so the seller gets the full asking price but I'm protecting myself since I can't get my hands on the item right away. I always suggest anyone sending money to any private citizen for anything uses the protection. If the seller says no or makes a big deal about it, they are definitely trying to scam you. Any honest seller would understand. I operate the same way whether I'm selling or buying.
I ditched PP way back when.

I bought & sold many things over the years, cash or USPSMO or nothing.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 11:46 AM   #11
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonZLE View Post
Not to be confused with CarbonZLE

uhh stay away from that guy hes sketchy haha
Old 11-12-2020, 11:57 AM   #12
Konnerfallos1

yea, im getting a bit of both sides. I never was really mean to this guy, all I said was it was sus and he kinda attacked me. I never insisted on paypal, i am open to anything like venmo, paypal, cashapp, zelle, i would even do a bank transfer, but there needs to be a record of it unless its cash so if something goes wrong I am protected. Im not just gonna give this guy money and chance him taking off with it.
Old 11-12-2020, 01:23 PM   #13
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
As long as you can prove a transaction was approved by both parties with an agreed upon amount, email or text. Then you can legally go after them.

But when it comes to an international transaction like this, I'm certain it would still hold up in court but then it's not as quick or cheaper than using PayPal or something like that.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote