Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 01-29-2016, 07:56 PM   #1
z28lt1

Drives: 2014 ZL1
CTSC Z28.Rs available to purchase

Not sure how many follow the CTSC race series that runs as a feeder to the Weathertech (formerly Tudor, formerly ALMS/Daytona series), but I enjoyed watching last year as there were 4 Camaros running in GS class. 2 from Mantella and 2 from Stevenson Motorsports. Stevenson moved up to Weathertech running Audis in GTD. Mantella moved to Xbows in World Challenge (mainly due to IMSAs poor handling of the Balance of Performance).

When searching for where those cars are, I came across the Mantella cars for sale:
http://www.racingjunk.com/GT/1825675...-CTSCC-GS.html

Seems like a decent deal for a proven car with spares, although running and maintain those things must be expensive. I'm not affiliated, just thought it was interesting that the cars were available. Not sure where the Stevenson pair are.

Incidentally, the GS class of the CTSC is a train wreck this year. Last year at Daytona, 22 cars from 6 manufacturers started the race. This year, 8 cars from 3 manufacturers.
z28lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 09:52 AM   #2
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
Thats sad. i really thought they were going to get the series consolidated to where lots of different series were going to be able to cross over and keep the fields full. road racing just seems to have its core fans and that base just cant grow. they arent doing us any favors with the coverage either. no practice for any of the series in daytona. the race starts in a couple of hours and still no coverage at all. not even on the web. WTF?
compare that to oval or drag racing and they will have fonty flock or curtis turner being inducted into the nascar hall of fame for hours with support shows on two different channels.
we need a pinks or street outlaw type show to spark interest in the masses. and fox needs to stop ruining motorsports.
sorry, i guess i got off topic of those cars.
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 07:16 PM   #3
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
They tried a show "are you faster than a redneck" it was on a small road course. The racing events in person are still epic parties
Old 02-01-2016, 06:53 AM   #4
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
i watch oval nowadays mainly because i know the characters. that is what made the UFC so popular is all the wild cards living in the house together. if anything ever catches on, it will have to make us interested in the fate of the characters. the road racing coverage makes it impossible almost to keep up with a particular driver. look at the mosnter truck shows. they make you want to pull for dennis anderson or tom meents. they have it figured out. they have a pit party that makes them more money than the seat tickets. it also lets the kids and the grown kids meet the personalities and that is what sparks the interest i think. maybe a show like the drag racing shows where a local grass roots group builds and races on a budget. that optima series is doing more real road stuff. its a good little show. they also had that show where they were racing solstices in the desert. i liked it but it was one season and done.
spring is around the corner now that cars have been on track for the year. ill just watch it live at the track. yall keep them cameras rolling. we will start the road track revolution of 2016. ok, maybe not but we will be able to watch them.
maybe donald trump, gary busey, kanye west, tiger woods ex wife, and charlie sheen start a bondurant type driving school. lol.
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:57 AM   #5
z28lt1

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Yes, sportscar/road racing in the US really doesn't seem to be able to catch on.

The 24 hours Daytona race that ended was yesterday was some of the best racing I've ever seen. 2 of the 4 classes came down to the final lap after 24 hours and one of the other classes at least was close with multiple cars on the lead lap at the end.

They need to make that into a 1 hour TV package or something.

But in endurance racing, you can't root for the characters/people as much as the cars/team as multiple drivers and changing lineups over the years make that difficult. I agree that makes it hard to pick up a casual fan.
z28lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 08:31 AM   #6
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28lt1 View Post
Yes, sportscar/road racing in the US really doesn't seem to be able to catch on.

The 24 hours Daytona race that ended was yesterday was some of the best racing I've ever seen. 2 of the 4 classes came down to the final lap after 24 hours and one of the other classes at least was close with multiple cars on the lead lap at the end.

They need to make that into a 1 hour TV package or something.

But in endurance racing, you can't root for the characters/people as much as the cars/team as multiple drivers and changing lineups over the years make that difficult. I agree that makes it hard to pick up a casual fan.
man you aren't lying. Those two 'vettes duking it out LITERALLY until they hit the finish line. Even my wife, who enjoys driving fast but hates watching races, was completely captivated by that.
hazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 11:09 AM   #7
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
I keep up with the racing across different channels with this website http://tvracer.com/
and I watch live streaming on IMSA TV http://www.imsa.com/camera/imsatv
Old 02-04-2016, 01:14 PM   #8
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
This is sad... Where are the Gen 6 camaro race cars?

Is that a CAI air filter box I see?