Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-14-2017, 10:08 PM   #1
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
New car order questions

I've never bought a brand new car before.

How long does it take from order to delivery for a ZL1 1-LE?

When you order a new vehicle, when do you start making payments - after order, or after delivery?
What about the down payment?
is a deposit required?

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - 652 rwhp, 588 rwtq SAE
2014 CRT ZL1 574 rwhp, 537 rwtq - SOLD
2010 IBM SS Camaro VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq - SOLD
nighttowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 11:09 PM   #2
gregmdusa

Drives: 2016 2SS NFG
First step, you need to find a dealer with allocation for a ZL1 1LE.

When I ordered my Camaro you didn't have to put any money down, but that also meant there was no contract. This would mean no payment.

You would probably have to put some money down $500-$1000 for a ZL1 1LE; since the allocations are hard to find. I'm not sure and I could totally be wrong.

You should only start making payments after you have purchased (financed) and taken physical delivery of the car.

Last edited by gregmdusa; 07-14-2017 at 11:10 PM. Reason: misspelled words
gregmdusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 12:20 AM   #3
Sboston4

Drives: '17 LT Nightfall Grey
No payments until after you take delivery and you won't be able to count on any factory incentives when you place your order.

Whatever incentives are in place at the time that you take delivery (when your car arrives), is what you will get on the purchase.

You will likely have to give a deposit when you place the order.

Good luck!
Sboston4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:14 PM   #4
spotswood

Drives: Lexus, ZL1 1LE, Ducati, Suzuki,
My dealer requested a 1,000 dollar down payment and then the car was reserved for me that was going to be built the following week.
I could not make any changes to the build even though it was just starting. Not many options anyway for a Zl1 LE. Dealer did not even know the price which he said would be sold at MSRP. No markup, no discount.

I just received the invoice which has the total price and tax and all options like dealer delivery charges and gas guzzler.
Now you can take that to your local banker or credit union and negotiate a car loan and see how much they will give you towards the car and make up the difference yourself or just get a check ready to take with you when you pick up the car.
If you use bank or credit union, they will issue you a check which you will take to the dealer when you pick up the car and the dealer will issue the title to the bank then.
You could also check out your bank for a line of credit against your house and then just borrow the money and the title would go to you as the house is your collateral and not the car. Rate may be better.
Cheapest is to take the money out of the bank as its making you nothing and pay cash for the car.
second best is line of credit against your house and no prepayment penalties on loan and pay at your leisure and you have the title.
If you have a business, let the business pay for it with pre tax dollars.
Credit unions are always cheaper than banks though for rates.
Good luck.
spotswood is offline   Reply With Quote