Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-04-2021, 08:36 PM   #1
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
ZL1 1LE Style Wing...

Ok so i need a sanity check here and i figure you all help me come back to reality... I really really want a high wing like the ZLE. I don't want to pay OEM price.. so who do i go with? I have been doing research and every time i think I am moving forward, then i found something i dislike about the style for said vendor..

I tried the EOS.. surprisingly it fit well minus the center stand that had like a 1/4 inc gap towards the front. But I guess some early ZLE even have similar gaps from factory. Due to my OCD, i sent the wing back.

I have been looking at C7 (currently 12 to 16 weeks lead time). Their design is slightly different that OEM but still looks good. But then of course I see what the bottom of the stands look like with their funky tape that is not even double sided tape and i don't like it. It looks like this doesn't allow the stands to sit flush with the trunk..

Anderson Composite.. 16 to 26 weeks lead time for new orders. I don't want a carbon fiber wing however this is the most OEM wing i can find.. i suppose i could get the wing paintd?

Anyways, in the mean time i don't have a wing at all on the car. It looks naked and of course I don't want to get caught in rain, though, it never rains here in LA.

Ok so what should I do? Anyone out there with a good quality wing for sale willing to ship? Heck i will drive some distance if needed. Believe or no. This ordeal has been taking the pleasure of owning the car.. am i mean not to have a high wing? I don't want to put my OEM wing back because I don't want it to possible damage the trunk in area that the high wing(if i ever get one) will not cover.

I have everything to convert my front bumper to the ZLE style bumper.. but should i do it now or wait until i have the high wing?

Last edited by Wuiquen; 08-04-2021 at 09:44 PM.
Wuiquen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 08:50 PM   #2
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
I have the C7 carbon version and I haven’t had any problems with it. It sits flushed. I’ve tracked with it 4x a year and daily drive it in the summer. I recommend it but I understand the wait time from them is a bit long. I’ve ordered it during Michigan winter months and got it in 2 months
Attached Images

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:10 PM   #3
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Idk where you got your info for Anderson wait time, but last I heard (from Anderson) was 1 year backorder. And that was before they stopped production to fix the fitment issue in the mold..
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:46 PM   #4
Wuiquen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
Idk where you got your info for Anderson wait time, but last I heard (from Anderson) was 1 year backorder. And that was before they stopped production to fix the fitment issue in the mold..
I called Anderson today and they said 16 to 26 weeks. I updated my original post to be most specific.
Old 08-04-2021, 09:50 PM   #5
Village Idiot

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
C7 Carbon has an OEM style wing, they created a 2nd style I think late last year.

I have a post in the vendor feedback on my experience with them, but long story short: Very good fitment, whatever it's constructed out of is high quality and has held up at 130mph+ multiple times, cheap paint quality, take their lead time with a grain of salt and be prepared to wait.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 07:54 AM   #6
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Anderson Composites wing is basically a no go right now. They have to fix their fig before creating any more.
Old 08-05-2021, 02:17 PM   #7
AZIROC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
I called Anderson today and they said 16 to 26 weeks. I updated my original post to be most specific.

Thats good to hear its down to 26 weeks. When I got mine a few years ago and talked with them, they said an easy 52 week wait. Either way, its worth the wait. Sucks.... but worth it.
Old 08-06-2021, 11:02 AM   #8
Wuiquen

Yeah I suppose I need to come to terms that there will be a lead time and deal with it. Could you guys post pictures of what the wing stands/trunk connection looks like (pic of what the stands sitting on top of the trunk look like)? I am just trying to understand what to expect from the different vendors. I have seen some pics from C7. How about Anderson? and even OEM please
Old 08-06-2021, 05:08 PM   #9
AZIROC

If you look for the Anderson post on here, there are alot of pics of all manufacture's spoilers and such.
Old 08-08-2021, 12:43 AM   #10
Crawco

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
Yeah I suppose I need to come to terms that there will be a lead time and deal with it. Could you guys post pictures of what the wing stands/trunk connection looks like (pic of what the stands sitting on top of the trunk look like)? I am just trying to understand what to expect from the different vendors. I have seen some pics from C7. How about Anderson? and even OEM please
If you really want to end your suffering and enjoy the car, buy the OEM wing. Yes it is ridiculously priced, but in 6 months you will recover and move on to more mods. This rear wing thing is the biggest nightmare of owning these cars. If you bought a new 1LE you would have paid and extra $7,000 for the wing the front aero pieces and the shit suspension.
Attached Images

2007 GT500 Super Snake
2008 Mustang GT Track Car
Crawco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 01:21 AM   #11
Wuiquen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawco View Post
If you really want to end your suffering and enjoy the car, buy the OEM wing. Yes it is ridiculously priced, but in 6 months you will recover and move on to more mods. This rear wing thing is the biggest nightmare of owning these cars. If you bought a new 1LE you would have paid and extra $7,000 for the wing the front aero pieces and the shit suspension.
Thanks for the advice. I decided to give C7 carbon a try. If that fails, i will pull the trigger on the OEM.

On a side note, what rear diffuser is that on your car?
Old 08-10-2021, 06:05 AM   #12
Zl1+911

Drives: 997 GTS, ZL1 A10, ZLEM6, ZLEA10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawco View Post
What rear diffuser do you have?
Zl1+911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 08:58 AM   #13
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
I can't understand why people do not add it to there car purchase to lesson the blow of adding it later on. @3% for 60 months adding an addition $4400 to the loan its 78 bucks more per month and a total of paying only 4680 (280 in interest) back.. where if you made the purchase on a CC for for an after market wing at say 1400.00 and only making the minimum 42.00 with a 23% rate it would take 52 mon(about the same time) and you would pay 850 in interest a total of 2250 in payments.. for 40 bucks a month more I'd take oem quality. that's like cutting out Jimmy johns, MCd, and chic fil a 1x per month and making a sandwhich at home! Priorities lol

just something to think about... also at 1 time the dealer had credits they would hand out that you could use towards parts and service. at least that worked for me... most people do not know to ask or go to low volume sports car dealer where its not available.

Just something to think about if you have cash of course its a no brainer!

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 09:15 AM   #14
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
I can't understand why people do not add it to there car purchase to lesson the blow of adding it later on. @3% for 60 months adding an addition $4400 to the loan its 78 bucks more per month and a total of paying only 4680 (280 in interest) back.. where if you made the purchase on a CC for for an after market wing at say 1400.00 and only making the minimum 42.00 with a 23% rate it would take 52 mon(about the same time) and you would pay 850 in interest a total of 2250 in payments.. for 40 bucks a month more I'd take oem quality. that's like cutting out Jimmy johns, MCd, and chic fil a 1x per month and making a sandwhich at home! Priorities lol

just something to think about... also at 1 time the dealer had credits they would hand out that you could use towards parts and service. at least that worked for me... most people do not know to ask or go to low volume sports car dealer where its not available.

Just something to think about if you have cash of course its a no brainer!
Who the hell finances aftermarket parts?