Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-30-2023, 09:28 PM   #1
Tommy23

Drives: 2023
2023 Camaro - Black Metallic Rally Stripes Code B04

Hello Camaro drivers/experts -

I'm thinking about buying a 2023 Camaro 2SS convertible with black metallic rally stripes (code B04 for $470). I visited three dealers in the Northern VA area recently and was told by two dealers that the stripes are applied at the dealership (LPO) and the third said they were installed at the factory. Does anyone have any knowledge if the stripes are actually applied at the dealership or the factory? All things being equal, I think it would be better to have the stripes installed at the factory. Thanks. Tommy23
Tommy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 09:55 PM   #2
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
I ordered mine with stripes and they were factory installed.
Old 01-31-2023, 06:08 AM   #3
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
I ordered mine with stripes and they were factory installed.
How do you know? I ask because I know that the fender hash marks are dealer installed (I have photos on the dealer lot of my car without them, they are on the original window sticker as they were on the original order, and clearly they are on my car now).
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 07:01 AM   #4
Carzzy

Drives: '24 Camaro 2SS Conv. & '21Blazer
Rally stripes are installed at the factory. Fender Hash Marks are dealer installed. Had both on different Gen 6 Camaros.
Old 01-31-2023, 10:58 AM   #5
RayKinStL

Drives: 2022 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy23 View Post
Hello Camaro drivers/experts -

All things being equal, I think it would be better to have the stripes installed at the factory. Thanks. Tommy23
Just so you know, I believe most reputable dealerships have someone who is qualified to do this and this is their job (or part of it). When I got my car, the side stripes were dealer installed. I had to set an appointment to come back and get them installed because when my car arrived, the guy that did the installs was on vacation. So I think most good dealerships don't play games with that and have someone who is an expert at those installations. That said, I would expect that large rally stripes are more likely factory installed.
Old 01-31-2023, 01:59 PM   #6
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
How do you know? I ask because I know that the fender hash marks are dealer installed (I have photos on the dealer lot of my car without them, they are on the original window sticker as they were on the original order, and clearly they are on my car now).
Because I was lucky the car was delivered on a Saturday and I got a call from my buddy (operations VP at the dealership) and I drove up when it hit the lot and the stripes were on the car.

The dealership is only 30mins from my house but, when I got the call I think I made it in 15mins. LOL

Last edited by Memphis SS; 01-31-2023 at 04:57 PM.
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 07:34 PM   #7
PhotoGuy

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS .. chevy silverado
when i ordered my 2020 new with the black metallic rally stripes they were installed at the factory shows on the sheet .. enclosed is the option sheet dont get scared its Canadian pricing .....went down there when the truck from the railyard came to drop off the car at the dealer ..... as far as i know up here all .. if ordered with stripes are installed at the factory .... not to say the dealer cant order it with dealer installed stripes so the dealer can get the money to install them ... or even use the stripes they have in stock and not replace it .. to pocket more money ..... all in the creative accounting of a dealer ...... I would stay away from any dealer that says its dealer installed .... if other dealers say its factory installed ..
Attached Images

PhotoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote