Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #1
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
When to push the PANIC button re: buying from another member?

I bought an item from another member last Tuesday. Funds were sent with Paypal. Replies to questions were fairly prompt. The next day I sent a PM asking a favor relating to how the item was to be sent. The seller replied and said no problem. I figured I would get a PM saying the item was sent and to "let me know when it arrives". I sent a PM on Saturday asking if the item was indeed sent and haven't heard anything since. Now I realize its the last week of summer, but maybe the item was sent and the seller is away on vacation? I've checked and haven't seen the seller on Camaro5. I know I can get a refund through Paypal and I have 30 days????? I don't want to jump the gun, but if the seller ripped me off, I'm gonna call him out
Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
where was it being sent to and from? in the US can take 5-6 business days if send basic ground...add day or two for it to get out....

all in all I wouldn't worry until after two weeks maybe? say you think it shipped out August 1st for example, I would wait till at least August 15th, 10 business days, before I worry..gives you plenty of time to put a dispute into Paypal then.

If its overseas then you have a longer window, customs can be a pain.....
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
Big C CamaroSS

Seller is from Texas (according to his sig) and I am in Ontario, Canada. It would just have been nice to hear from the seller or have him tell me it has been sent. Thanks Rhyder.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #4
11BEE
11 BEE

Drives: 2011 LS2 RS & 2012 2SS RS 45th Vert
This is why I never buy anything from a private seller online without talking to them on the phone first.

11Bee and I♥My45th
11BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #5
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11BEE View Post
This is why I never buy anything from a private seller online without talking to them on the phone first.
that's good to have I guess, Ive bought many many things off the forum and otherwise without phone numbers. Personally I tend not to give my phone number to anyone buying something of mine of the net....Ive made a few exceptions for people on this forum, ones who have been here awhile, but for the most part, my phone number doesnt need to be floating around out there.

I have my email address I use for business/web and paypal...that's all the contact info anyone needs from me, all I want out and about for the most part.
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Just remember, it has to cross the boarder, and go through customs......and it just depends. The last time I delete with a sale from Canada to Texas, once he sent it, and I had the tracking number, even at that, it took it a month to get here.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:30 PM   #7
Big C CamaroSS

When I bought my custom bow ties and tail light bezels for my 1LE from Lupe, it was Friday to Friday....just 8 days. Its not that I haven't received the item (at most its been a week), its just not hearing from the seller that is a little troubling.....but it is the last week of summer

Thanks for the replies everyone